• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Zeed said:
I was expecting that question. There are two ways to answer that:

1) Yes, I do actually expect an Animal Crossing character (I'm not playing devil's advocate here) and believe that's far more probable than, say, a playable Nintendo DS (which would still be awesome if it happens).

2) Animal Crossing is at the top of the list. If worst comes to worst it can be omitted from the section as its own section, with Touch Generations beginning representation of non-game franchises (I'm playing again).

It could also be a section for franchises that are not actually games. There are more factors that set it apart from 15-20 than there are which make it similar. Also, like I keep pointing out, you're only attacking one of two conditions that would justify its placement - the other would have it be part of the other section as Touch Generations.

But I'm the one who came up with the "The DS symbol is actually being used as the "Touch Generations" symbol" idea. Does that mean I have to argue against myself?! :

Zeed

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
But I'm the one who came up with the "The DS symbol is actually being used as the "Touch Generations" symbol" idea. Does that mean I have to argue against myself?! :
All along your greatest enemy was not me, but yourself!

Zeed

Banned
DEDEDE SPECIAL MOVES

kingdedede_071026g-l.jpg

It's hammer time!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Zeed said:
I was expecting that question. There are two ways to answer that:

1) Yes, I do actually expect an Animal Crossing character (I'm not playing devil's advocate here) and believe that's far more probable than, say, a playable Nintendo DS (which would still be awesome if it happens).

2) Animal Crossing is at the top of the list. If worst comes to worst it can be omitted from the section as its own section, with Touch Generations beginning representation of non-game franchises (I'm playing again).
I didn't ask if you expected it. I asked if you were CERTAIN. If you're not, then your standards ARE completely arbitrary.

EDIT: Yay more Dedede. :D

<Up Special Move: Super Dedede Jump>

kingdedede_071026a-l.jpg

Look! That’s a serious jump!

kingdedede_071026b-l.jpg

And he lands HARD!

King Dedede’s great jump is his specialty! But he doesn’t have much freedom while jumping, and his vulnerability when he lands is pretty significant.

That said, if things look bad, just tap down on the Control Stick.

kingdedede_071026c-l.jpg

You can flip over and cancel it in midair.

However, if you try to cancel just before landing, you’ll make a fool of yourself, and you’ll be vulnerable for even longer, so watch out.

<Side Special Move: Waddle Dee Toss>

kingdedede_071026d-l.jpg

Just toss them out there.

He pulls out Waddle Dees from who knows where and throws them. The Waddle Dees then waddle around afterward.

kingdedede_071026e-l.jpg

Occasionally a Waddle Doo appears...

kingdedede_071026f-l.jpg

And Gordo, too.

<Down Special Move: Jet Hammer>

This time, King Dedede’s hammer is actually mechanized. The head’s rotation is powered by a motor.

And it can do this.

kingdedede_071026g-l.jpg

Whoa! What is this?!?

If you hold down the Control Stick and the special-move button simultaneously, you can charge up his hammer. And you can unleash it in one blow!

kingdedede_071026h-l.jpg

The power of the jet multiplies the destructive force!

You can even walk around with it charged up, but you can’t save the charge by pressing the shield button. Also, if you charge it up too much, it will increase your own damage, so be careful.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
As Dedede from the dub of the Kirby anime would say, "it's Dededelightful!".

This seems to be a new trend: getting the special moves immediately following the character.

Grecco

That Eyeball thing reminds me of the Cloud boss from the GB Kirby... Would have been nice to see some of the old school Kirby bosses as Deedees summon

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
However, if you try to cancel just before landing, you’ll make a fool of yourself, and you’ll be vulnerable for even longer, so watch out.

Uh-oh, the Smashboarders won't like this...

I love the idea of tossing Gordos and Waddle Doos at people, though. Hopefully they're reasonably frequent.

Quoting from previous page:

Golden Darkness said:
<Up Special Move: Super Dedede Jump>

kingdedede_071026a-l.jpg

Look! That’s a serious jump!

kingdedede_071026b-l.jpg

And he lands HARD!

King Dedede’s great jump is his specialty! But he doesn’t have much freedom while jumping, and his vulnerability when he lands is pretty significant.

That said, if things look bad, just tap down on the Control Stick.

kingdedede_071026c-l.jpg

You can flip over and cancel it in midair.

<Side Special Move: Waddle Dee Toss>

kingdedede_071026d-l.jpg

Just toss them out there.

He pulls out Waddle Dees from who knows where and throws them. The Waddle Dees then waddle around afterward.

kingdedede_071026e-l.jpg

Occasionally a Waddle Doo appears...

kingdedede_071026f-l.jpg

And Gordo, too.

<Down Special Move: Jet Hammer>

This time, King Dedede’s hammer is actually mechanized. The head’s rotation is powered by a motor.

And it can do this.

kingdedede_071026g-l.jpg

Whoa! What is this?!?

If you hold down the Control Stick and the special-move button simultaneously, you can charge up his hammer. And you can unleash it in one blow!

kingdedede_071026h-l.jpg

The power of the jet multiplies the destructive force!

You can even walk around with it charged up, but you can’t save the charge by pressing the shield button. Also, if you charge it up too much, it will increase your own damage, so be careful.

Baryn

Banned
Cyan said:
I don't think we have enough candies for everyone who predicted this.
Don't steal my thunder :(

I am VERY(!) disappointed that Dedede does not have a vacuum mouth as he does in the Kirby games.

Dreavus

Awesome! Sakurai managed to work three more Kirby enemies into the game with that side special...

This is making me want to drag out the SNES and play some Superstar. :D

Zeed

Banned
Baryn said:
I am VERY(!) disappointed that Dedede does not have a vacuum mouth as he does in the Kirby games.
Err, his normal special move still hasn't been shown.

grandjedi6 said:
THere is still his normal special and normal attacks
Down special is the rocket hammer thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom