• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
The title isn't quite as bad as it was before!

Oh, and I bet the Capcom characters are Ice Climbers-style Jonathon and CHARLOTTE JONATHAN CHARLOTTE JONATHAN CHARLOTTE JONATHAN CHARLOTTE JONATHAN CHARLOTTE JONATHAN CHARLOTTE JONATHAN CHARLOTTE JONATHAN CHARLOTTE JONATHAN CHARLOTTE JONATHAN CHARLOTTE JONATHAN CHARLOTTE JONATHAN CHARLOTTE JONATHAN CHARLOTTE JONATHAN CHARLOTTE JONATHAN CHARLOTTE JONATHAN CHARLOTTE JONATHAN CHARLOTTE JONATHAN CHARLOTTE JONATHAN CHARLOTTE JONATHAN CHARLOTTE JONATHAN CHARLOTTE JONATHAN CHARLOTTE JONATHAN CHARLOTTE THOUSAND BLADES

Oh, and I bet the Capcom characters are Ice Climbers-style Jonathon and CHARLOTTE JONATHAN CHARLOTTE JONATHAN CHARLOTTE JONATHAN CHARLOTTE JONATHAN CHARLOTTE JONATHAN CHARLOTTE JONATHAN CHARLOTTE JONATHAN CHARLOTTE JONATHAN CHARLOTTE JONATHAN CHARLOTTE JONATHAN CHARLOTTE JONATHAN CHARLOTTE JONATHAN CHARLOTTE JONATHAN CHARLOTTE JONATHAN CHARLOTTE JONATHAN CHARLOTTE JONATHAN CHARLOTTE JONATHAN CHARLOTTE JONATHAN CHARLOTTE JONATHAN CHARLOTTE JONATHAN CHARLOTTE JONATHAN CHARLOTTE JONATHAN CHARLOTTE THOUSAND BLADES

Not all good games out of Japan are made by Capcom! stop mixing them up with Konami games!

lyre

Oh, and I bet the Capcom characters are Ice Climbers-style Jonathon and *oh god my ears*
Look at it this way, at least Capcom are merciful enough to not give us SISTER! Loretta! SISTER! Loretta! SISTER! Loretta! SISTER! Loretta! SISTER! Loretta! SISTER! Loretta! SISTER! Loretta! SISTER! Loretta! SISTER! Loretta! SISTER! Loretta! SISTER! Loretta! SISTER! Loretta! SISTER! Loretta! SISTER! Loretta! SISTER! Loretta! SISTER! Loretta! SISTER! Loretta! SISTER! Loretta! SISTER! Loretta! SISTER! Loretta! SISTER! Loretta!

Linkzg: No one is saying only Capcom makes good games, but Capcom makes Castlevania games though. :p

justchris

I'm sorry, Megaman and Ryu are the two most iconic characters Capcom has. If a Capcom character is in (and that almost seems definite at this point) it's one of those two (with Megaman possibly being the X or god forbid the .EXE versions -- not that I don't enjoy Megaman.EXE to death, but I would totally prefer the original, or even X, for Smash). My vote's with Megaman, though.

lyre

justchris said:
I'm sorry, Megaman and Ryu are the two most iconic characters Capcom has. If a Capcom character is in (and that almost seems definite at this point) it's one of those two (with Megaman possibly being the X or god forbid the .EXE versions -- not that I don't enjoy Megaman.EXE to death, but I would totally prefer the original, or even X, for Smash). My vote's with Megaman, though.
Rockman_Zero_CPCA1092_93.jpg

Believe! :)

Jiggy

Until further notice, I'm going to interpret this title to mean that sp0rsk has insider info that Daisy's in.

IGN said:
you can go ahead and let go of the "Sakurai said only 1-2 more third-party spots" argument right now, because that's ridiculously outdated news. We know there are going to be more than that – count on it – so we're going to start pulling back the curtain on who it could be from a variety of possible companies.
I hope he's right. Not necessarily for the third-party characters themselves, because I'm sure most of my favorites would be overlooked, but because every third-party character added takes up resources that could have been used to make a playable Krystal.

Jiggy

SuperAngelo64 said:
No character deserves the Capcom spot more than Megaman.

Anyone that disagrees with that is wrong, dumb, and has a stupid face.
Just watch Capcom themselves put in someone other than Mega Man purely to spite us. :(

Like Sakura.
Edit: And I like
Sakura
. But seriously, when it comes to Capcom, it had better well be Mega Man or nobody at all.

SantaC

Gold Member
SuperAngelo64 said:
No character deserves the Capcom spot more than Megaman.

Anyone that disagrees with that is wrong, dumb, and has a stupid face.

um, yeah Mega Man is a great character, but it's been fucking long since Capcom made an AAA Mega Man game. I am from the days when Mega Man 1-3 ruled hard. Mega Man X-X3 were also great, but seriously I have lost interest in the Mega Man games these days.

As much as I want him in smash bros, I wouldn't be too disappointed if Capcom included someone like Leon Kennedy instead. Resident Evil 4 is one of the best games ever so...

Then we also have Ryu and Ken from SF...

Crushed

Fry Daddy
SantaC said:
um, yeah Mega Man is a great character, but it's been fucking long since Capcom made an AAA Mega Man game. I am from the days when Mega Man 1-3 ruled hard. Mega Man X-X3 were also great, but seriously I have lost interest in the Mega Man games these days.
You've forgotten that Smash Bros. also has Star Fox and Sonic characters, both of which have declined worse than Mega Man.

Not to mention Ice Climber, Kid Icarus, and Earthbound characters, whose games were never good in the first place!

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
SantaC said:

As much as I want him in smash bros, I wouldn't be too disappointed if Capcom included someone like Leon Kennedy instead. Resident Evil 4 is one of the best games ever so...

Then we also have Ryu and Ken from SF...

Hey, Mega Man games are still great if you ignore the Battle Network/Star Force stuff. The Zero and ZX games are some of the best action games on their respective platforms.

The real problem is that Capcom hasn't made an original game with the true Mega Man since Rockman and Forte in 1998....

Jiggy37 said:
Just watch Capcom themselves put in someone other than Mega Man purely to spite us. :(

Like Sakura.
Edit: And I like
Sakura
. But seriously, when it comes to Capcom, it had better well be Mega Man or nobody at all.
As much as I want Mega Man to be in this game, I think I'd like
Sakura
more.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
sp0rsk said:
I'LL GET YOU NEXT TIME AMIROX!!!
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb244/sp0rsk/5y3aohi.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i17.tinypic.com/66uh9fp.gif

Bert409 said:
Mega Man's stage needs Snake Man's theme as one of its songs.

METAL MAN.

BEST MAN. BETTER THAN LAME-O CUT MAN, HIS STUPID AND LAME OLDER BROTHER.

SantaC

Gold Member
You've forgotten that Smash Bros. also has Star Fox and Sonic characters, both of which have declined worse than Mega Man.

Not to mention Ice Climber, Kid Icarus, and Earthbound characters, whose games were never good in the first place!

yeah but I am just saying that I wouldn't be disappointed if capcom included characters from Resident Evil or Street Fighter.

justchris

Jiggy37 said:
Until further notice, I'm going to interpret this title to mean that sp0rsk has insider info that Daisy's in.

:lol :lol :lol

---

Hey now, don't knock the Battle Network games, they're actually really good, gameplay wise (have some of the most excrutiatingly blandly repetitive storylines ever thought up though). I would totally prefer to see MegaMan make it that
Sakura
, although I like both characters.

justchris said:
:lol :lol :lol

---

Hey now, don't knock the Battle Network games, they're actually really good, gameplay wise (have some of the most excrutiatingly blandly repetitive storylines ever thought up though). I would totally prefer to see MegaMan make it that
Sakura
, although I like both characters.
Yes, but think of the total meltdown GAF, no, the internet would experience if
Sakura
made it over Mega Man! :D

Link Man

Banned

Well, you had a good run. Now prepare to be eaten alive by a horde of fanboys.

SantaC

Gold Member
LinkAMN said:
Well, you had a good run. Now prepare to be eaten alive by a horde of fanboys.

well I dont care for earthbound but both ice climbers and kid icarus were AAA games back in the day.

Jiggy

The only good thing about taking Ryu (SF) over Mega Man would be that they could toss in a Ken alternate costume. But purists like me would probably still complain because the two aren't exactly identical.

And we need more futuristic characters like Mega Man anyway. Samus, Fox, Falco, Zero Suit Samus, and K*****l aren't enough.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
SantaC said:
both ice climbers and kid icarus were AAA games back in the day.
HAHAHAHAHA OH MY GOD

Wow was Superman 64 an AAA N64 game. Will Red Steel be an AAA Wii game.

Actually, that's probably a bit insulting to Red Steel.

SantaC

Gold Member
HAHAHAHAHA OH MY GOD

Wow was Superman 64 an AAA N64 game. Will Red Steel be an AAA Wii game.

Actually, that's probably a bit insulting to Red Steel.

huh? I guess you didn't start gaming with NES. I feel a bit sad that you missed that era.

Jiggy

If the delay news had come a bit later, I would have hoped that Sakurai and company delayed for the sake of adding L-Block due to seeing the GameFAQs character poll. That thing's tearing up the charts even as we speak, and rightfully so.

T-Block is better, though. >_>

Crushed

Fry Daddy
SantaC said:
huh? I guess you didn't start gaming with NES. I feel a bit sad that you missed that era.
HAHAHAHA

No dude, I was playing GOOD games on my NES. Not the awful ones that are overrated because of Smash Bros. cameos.

SantaC

Gold Member
Iam Canadian said:
Ice Climber was never good.

ssssshhhhhhh it was my first video game ever :p

HAHAHAHA

No dude, I was playing GOOD games on my NES. Not the awful ones that are overrated because of Smash Bros. cameos.

Comon, Ice climbers were one of the first games. For its time I thought it was cool. Especially since you could play co-op and fuck up the other player by knocking him down :lol

Kid Icarus...dont hate on that game!

Jiggy37 said:
If the delay news had come a bit later, I would have hoped that Sakurai and company delayed for the sake of adding L-Block due to seeing the GameFAQs character poll. That thing's tearing up the charts even as we speak, and rightfully so.

T-Block is better, though. >_>
Wait, are people seriously wanting the L-Block to get added to Brawl? What next, someone advocating the DQ Slime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom