• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Souldriver said:
But seriously, the Prime III model looks a lot better than the Brawl. More streamlined and nicer colors (but that's because Prime is supposed to be 'darker' than Brawl as a whole).

Same feeling here but Brawl model is still very nice

Has it been unveiled if the two Samus forms are two characters or just one who can transform?

Edit: Forget it, I found my answer on the previous page... under some "conditions", Samus will lose her suit and become Zero Samus... whatever those conditions are

Akinola

Like Samus needs any more protection, ANYWHERE. :lol

Either way, nice update! I wonder what they'll reveal next? I call a new item.

Nice update today! I like the new render, even if the arm cannon looks like it doubles as a dust buster prototype.

I'm definitely pulling for ZSS to be a separate character; Sakurai's quote about "when the conditions are right" doesn't necessarily mean "conditions in a match". He could just be referring to the series canon, or something. At least, I'm hoping :) .

ant1532

Banned
This picture sums up Smash and it's awesomeness.

samus_070615b-l.jpg

OnWarmerMusic said:
I'm definitely pulling for ZSS to be a separate character; Sakurai's quote about "when the conditions are right" doesn't necessarily mean "conditions in a match". He could just be referring to the series canon, or something. At least, I'm hoping :) .

Mm, good point. "Under certain conditions, Samus will take off her armor..." might not mean a Zelda/Sheik-style transformation mid-battle, but maybe just that the character can be unlocked, as with Dr Mario. It certainly seems as though ZSS is being set up as an entirely separate character - unique render, unique name, appearing in shots on the new site but clearly not mentioned in the Samus entry etc.

Perhaps there will be an event match where you'll have to finish off the enemy with Samus's final smash, and that unlocks Ms. Zero Suit.

jrricky

Banned
Consider this guys. Check the renders for both Prime and Brawl Samus again and notice that one is standing and one is aiming while slightly bending. Probably thats why the crotch is being noticed.

Another thing to consider. The models are both the same (with small differences here and there, of course, because of different developers). The only reason why they look different is because of the lighting. The Prime Samus has a more darker green light and other dark lights to set the darker mood while the Brawl one is just clean.

samusmc.jpg

arab

not the same. visor different, thigh has differen't edgings, SSBB samus has wings on ends of foots and has a package, chest lights are different, shoulderpad things have holes in MP3, brawl doesn't.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
There are a ton of differences between the two models, and personally, I like the Prime one better. The Brawl one still looks nice, though, aside from the bulge. -_-

AniHawk

Danthrax said:
There are a ton of differences between the two models, and personally, I like the Prime one better. The Brawl one still looks nice, though, aside from the bulge. -_-

That's just a compartment for all the keys she has to collect.

jrricky

Banned
The Eatable Arab said:
not the same. visor different, thigh has differen't edgings, SSBB samus has wings on ends of foots and has a package, chest lights are different, shoulderpad things have holes in MP3, brawl doesn't.

Um, I could have sworn I stated this:
Another thing to consider. The models are both the same (with small differences here and there, of course, because of different developers). The only reason why they look different is because of the lighting. The Prime Samus has a more darker green light and other dark lights to set the darker mood while the Brawl one is just clean.

Somnid

After looking around it's modeled after the Zero Mission Varia Suit. Both the shape and location of the green lights give it away. Super (the original Melee model base) doesn't have them, and the original Prime model has more lights (specifically on the thighs) and slightly different pattern on the chest.

metzero-49.png
metzero-48.png

samus_070615d-l.jpg

As for the transformation I think it makes complete sense to me now. The trailer along with Sakurai's comments make it pretty obvious but then combine that with the Final Smash info. Final Smashes are used only once per round, so once Samus uses her's then you must play the rest of the round as Zero Suit Samus.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Somnid said:
As for the transformation I think it makes complete sense to me now. The trailer along with Sakurai's comments make it pretty obvious but then combine that with the Final Smash info. Final Smashes are used only once per round, so once Samus uses her's then you must play the rest of the round as Zero Suit Samus.

I really don't think it will involve Final Smash. You have to pick up a smash ball to perform a final smash. I can't imagine you'll have to pick up an item in order to play as ZSSamus... what happens if you play the match with items off? ZSSamus can never be used?

At this point it's looking like they are seperate characters, like Mario/Dr. Mario.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
jrricky said:
Consider this guys. Check the renders for both Prime and Brawl Samus again and notice that one is standing and one is aiming while slightly bending. Probably thats why the crotch is being noticed.

What, no. MP3 Samus has a nice flat front with a small metal bikini shape. With the Brawl model there is quite clearly a large protruding lump assaulting my eyes. Maybe thats where she keeps her sandwiches?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
This daily update blog thing is like the coolest thing ever for a dev to do for their fans. Aside from, you know, dev'ing.

Threi

notag
wow people are still talking about her crotch? Anyways i think that her final smash is the huge blast and then you play the rest of the round in the zero suit, and the full character zero suit samus is an unlockable, with a completely different final smash.

People keep saying that it would be too weird for Zamus and Samus to be totally separate characters, but c'mon. Melee has Mario/Doc, not to mention Link/Young Link. How would this be any different?

Somnid

WastingPenguins said:
People keep saying that it would be too weird for Zamus and Samus to be totally separate characters, but c'mon. Melee has Mario/Doc, not to mention Link/Young Link. How would this be any different?

It's not that specifically. Sakurai did say the Zero Suit Samus is a transformation under "certain conditions."

Proven

Amazing. She's one of my favorite characters to play as too. But she looks so much more amazing.

Although I still prefer the Prime 3 model, heh.

I missed the last three updates here, and everything I would have said has been said by someone else, right down to the possibility that Sakurai meant that she transforms into her Zero Suit either in the canon (Zero Mission) or in an event match.

And just loving the OP as well.

Although, you forgot to bold the link to Samus' Profile page.

Blablurn

I hate those "under special circumstances" things. If I prefer Samus style over zero Suit Samus one or vice versa, i wont be able to chose wich one I play from the beginning.

ant1532

Banned
Blablurn said:
I hate those "under special circumstances" things. If I prefer Samus style over zero Suit Samus one or vice versa, i wont be able to chose wich one I play from the beginning.
Hold A?

PolyGone

Banned
samusmc.jpg

I enjoy seeing variations on a character, and the Smash version looks a bit more cartoony compared to the prime version, which seems to make sense given the game. I like it. I'd like to see them push it even more.

Firestorm

They should get rid of of her down+b and make it Zero Suit Samus transformation!
That'll show that never-dying annoying pile of armour >=(

ant1532

Banned
Firestorm said:
They should get rid of of her down+b and make it Zero Suit Samus transformation!
NOOOO! HOW WILL I GET BACK ON THE STAGE!!?!??? T_T

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Firestorm said:
but it's fun bomb jumping to the bottom of final destination, then grappling onto the stage, jumping, and up-Bing to get onto the stage :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom