• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros. Brawl 'Spoiler' thread. -- Denial phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Economan said:
Add Wolf and Falco in there and you get 28.
I was only putting characters that are 100% in. But, I guess I should put them in since I believe Markman. And I guess I can add the characters that are 70-90% likely to be in. So here's the list...

So, going by the rumor of 35 characters, we now know:

Returning = 18
Mario
Link
Kirby
Pikachu
Fox
Samus/ZSS
Zelda/Sheik
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Peach
Ice Climbers
Ness
Jigglypuff
Falco
Luigi
Ganon
C.Falcon

Newcomers = 13
Pit
Wario
Ike
Pokemon Trainer
Diddy Kong
Meta Knight
Snake
Lucas
Sonic
King Dedede
Olimar
Lucario
Wolf

That makes 31.

1. Luigi - no doubt he will be in the game.
2. Ganon - Very good chance of him being in the game, being the main antagonist in Zelda.
3. C.Falcon - Pretty good chance of him being in the game, I don't think Sakurai would take the only character representing a popular series out.

Game & Watch might be in, considering his importance. Marth might also be in due to his popularity, and his representation of Fire Emblem.

Those are probably the only ones returning. If we include Marth and G&W that makes 33. I have a feeling that since Sakurai didn't show the exclusive to character side for the Katrina picture, an AC character might be in. So that might be the character filling in for the new series. The last character...I don't know.

Edit. I guess the last character is WWLink?

And that's my last post about speculation/rumours. Sorry.

OgnodoD

This thread is for spoilers, not rumors. We know that Lucario, Ness, and Jiggly are in Brawl based on analysis of the video. You can find detailed info about that on the first page of this thread.

Firestorm

shagg_187 said:
Jesus christ! How many Official SSBB threads are there? Five?

Zero.

There's a Dojo update thread for the dojo updates.
There's this thread for spoilers.
There's a leak thread that's locked.

That's it. You'll see the official thread on the 24th once Smash is eligible for an official thread.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
modea12_080118b.jpg

Seems to be a new character here too. Just no idea who it is. AC one, perhaps?

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Meeeeeeeeemoriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssss

mewtwo_pinup.jpg

mew2_360.jpg
nenriki_360.jpg
shadow_360.jpg
motu_360.jpg
kanasibari_360.jpg
konasu_360.jpg

you were my broooooooooooooooooooootheeeeeeeeeeer
my best friend foreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever
something something
'till the eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeend ooooooooooooofffff tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime

RIP Mewtwo In Smash Bros.
2001-2008

Grecco

ggnoobIGN said:
modea12_080118b.jpg

Seems to be a new character here too. Just no idea who it is. AC one, perhaps?

Has to be the Villager Boy or Girl. Unless your playing as Tortimer or something (Thats a sticker though)

Rindain

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:
...it is the exact same number of Pokemon characters as the last game. Exact.
Plus the gazillion Pokeballs.

I really wouldn't care if we got Ridley, or even Wolf Link/Midna. It just seems like some other franchises (Zelda, and especially Metroid) are being ignored at the expense of Pokemon.

batbeg

Holy shit! Cool. I didn't like playing as Mewtwo so I appreciate a new character in his stead, though honestly I think his design looks like crap. Still, awesome stuff.

And God help Reno if he's lying about Wind Waker Link!!

Firestorm said:
They do.

Mewtwo has:
- nostalgia
- awesome
- first uber Pokemon
- still kicks ass in uber battles

Lucario I think of more as the 4th gen Heracross. Good in battles, good design, and was also featured in the anime.
Well, I stand corrected. It just makes sense to me Mewtwo would be cut for the current popular Pokemon. Pikachu is synonymous with Pokemon. Jigglypuff/Purin is just popular and I still don't quite get why. So it makes sense that they would add at least one different Pokemon out of the 488 or so (not counting the other 5 in Brawl). So somebody ahd to get cut and a new guy introduced. I still kinda wish Jigglypuff would be replaced but I guess my smash experience would be incomplete without her since she's my favorite punching bag since the first game.

(Yes, I'm total agreement with David Hayter. She's fun to beat up)

kamikaze

Greatness Gone said:
I refuse to have Mewtwo replaced by fucking Lucario. I am taking a trip to Japan right now to capture Sakurai.

actually, you're better off going to the plant where they're manufacturing the game discs first. :D

Rindain said:
ShockingAlberto said:
...it is the exact same number of Pokemon characters as the last game. Exact.[/QUOT]
Plus the gazillion Pokeballs.

I really wouldn't care if we got Ridley, or even Wolf Link/Midna. It just seems like some other franchises (Zelda, and especially Metroid) are being ignored at the expense of Pokemon.
Zelda apparently has five characters right now

Ignored total

OgnodoD said:
The "official one" is for dojo updates only. This one was created, with permission from sp0rsk, for spoilers (not rumors) from other sources.

Okay, great.

-One for the Dojo updates
-One for the rumors
-One for the spoilers
-One for the commercials
-One for the whateverthefuck

Seriously, it's retarded. Merge everything into one thread, like every single other game has gotten. The hype you gaffer give for this game is insane, and you're putting it up on this huge pillar of awesome that its going to disappoint everyone here. Give it one thread, keep the shit there, and let it stay there. Authority permission be damned.

Narag

Rindain said:

Two links, zelda/sheik, and ganondorf is hardly ignoring it.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
BrandNew said:
Okay, great.

-One for the rumors
-One for the spoilers
-One for the commercials

Seriously, it's retarded. Merge everything into one thread, like every single other game has gotten. The hype you gaffer give for this game is insane, and you're putting it up on this huge pillar of awesome that its going to disappoint everyone here. Give it one thread, keep the shit there, and let it stay there. Authority permission be damned.
There is no thread for rumors or commercials.

BrandNew said:
Okay, great.

-One for the rumors
-One for the spoilers
-One for the commercials

Tried putting everything into one thread...it became a 1000+ page mess.
500+ for the other guys.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
How on Earth did I miss this?

Ness has returned.

MY BELIEF WAS NOT IN VAIN! HUZZAH!

And Jigglypuff, too!

Today is a great day indeed.

OliveJuice said:
Returning = 18
Mario
Link
Kirby
Pikachu
Fox
Samus/ZSS
Zelda/Sheik
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Peach
Ice Climbers
Ness
Jigglypuff
Falco
Luigi
Ganon
C.Falcon

Newcomers = 13
Pit
Wario
Ike
Pokemon Trainer
Diddy Kong
Meta Knight
Snake
Lucas
Sonic
King Dedede
Olimar
Lucario
Wolf

That's a good list. I imagine there will be a Animal Crossing character too (Tom Nook!?!).

Firestorm

BrandNew said:
Okay, great.

-One for the rumors
-One for the spoilers
-One for the commercials

Rumor thread is closed.
Commercials was just a new thread like every hyped game gets when there's new media. It's a dead topic now.
whateverthefuck thread doesn't exist.

So two threads.

You either get that or you get a new topic every single day.

OliveJuice said:
Tried putting everything into one thread...it became a 1000+ page mess.
500+ for the other guys.

That's the people who post in it's own fault.

I'm not attacking anyone here, I just think it's stupid.

PkunkFury

BrandNew said:
Okay, great.

-One for the rumors
-One for the spoilers
-One for the commercials

There's only two threads, the other ones you are complaining about were locked and replaced with this one. It would be too hard to discuss the spoilers in the other thread, since the game doesn't come out in America for 5 more weeks

Ok, so we got Lucario confirmed now, from everyone we know, doesn't that not leave a lot of space for characters in the game that we won't know about?

So we more or less know the entire roster by now, assuming those "leaks" are legit, and they seem to be getting fulfilled as the time passes. Wow. I'm glad that Ness is in, I don't really understand how people thought they would axe him. Lucario I'm a bit undecided on...

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
OliveJuice said:
Newcomers = 13
Pit
Wario
Ike
Pokemon Trainer
Diddy Kong
Meta Knight
WW Link
Snake
Lucas
Sonic
King Dedede
R.O.B.
Olimar
Lucario
Wolf

Fixed :)

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Greatness Gone said:
All I gotta say is fuck Lucario up his fucking furry ass. I hope he gets gang-raped by donkey kong and bowser in smash bros. gay furry prison.
You sound like you would enjoy some websites involving rules of the internet.

SO Lucario is the worst thing to happen to brawl.......we haven't him seen him in action yet, how he plays or how he will even looks like in game! God some of you just need to shut up.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Now of course this whole 35 characters only thing seems mighty silly. It might be some half truth, like the starting roster, or number of characters unlocked in single player. If you really think Sakurai only left in a handful of characters for a suprise you've got some issues.

Greatness Gone said:
All I gotta say is fuck Lucario up his fucking furry ass. I hope he gets gang-raped by donkey kong and bowser in smash bros. gay furry prison.

Um, wow.

Look, Mewtwo is my favorite Pokemon.. and I own every Pokemon game since Red/Blue.. but...

Even I'm not that mad about it. Just think of how much more true he'll be to his character as an uber SSE Boss or Pokeball.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Scalpel Knight said:
So we more or less know the entire roster by now, assuming those "leaks" are legit, and they seem to be getting fulfilled as the time passes.

No where close, IMO. There is probably at least 35 characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom