• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros. Brawl 'Spoiler' thread. -- Denial phase

Status
Not open for further replies.

duffey

Jiggy37 said:
Well... that's kind of getting away from my point, so I should be clearer: what I'm really wondering is why the Smash team would create so many symbols for series (or DS, or whatever) that didn't have characters. No matter what those series were. Why them? Why don't (for example) Saki and Little Mac have symbols? I mean, they're not playable either, but if a series without a character can have a unique icon, I think some assist trophies could have had them as well...
I assume they created icons because the My Music screen has those icons as well and they probably didn't want to leave a blank space there.

2whebux.jpg

Fenix

Jiggy37 said:
Well... that's kind of getting away from my point, so I should be clearer: what I'm really wondering is why the Smash team would create so many symbols for series (or DS, or whatever) that didn't have characters. No matter what those series were. Why them? Why don't (for example) Saki and Little Mac have symbols? I mean, they're not playable either, but if a series without a character can have a unique icon, I think some assist trophies could have had them as well...

Hrm, the only reasonable thing I can think up is so that the text on the stage select screen has a nice looking logo behind it, if you can visualize that. Although for the Pictochat stage why wouldn't they just use the Smash icon?

Bah, I am confounded.

EDIT: Dangit duffey, same idea.

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
ratcliffja said:
Wow, you're right. Also, that would really make four Star Fox characters, even if he did get his start elsewhere.
Star Fox ROB is completely different from NES ROB.

SuperAngelo64 said:
You guys, I think we have just been fucked...

I just watched that video... there's no Lucario, or Jigglypuff, or Ness on there...
Umm no, It was there. Let's check again.

Edit: The one on my Cache still has it

TreIII

SuperAngelo64 said:

I just watched that video... there's no Lucario, or Jigglypuff, or Ness on there...

We've been found out! BAIL OUT BEFORE THE NINJAS GET YOU! :lol

webrunner

SuperAngelo64 said:

Hmm, they took it down. I should check if the copy I ripped was in time...

Edit: Yup. Got it.

Rindain

Banned
SuperAngelo64 said:

EDIT: Nevermind.. I see it now.. for some reason they only show up if you pause the video...
Wait what? You're right...

So...

They updated the video on the Japanese site in order to reveal these three characters? What other reason would they have for changing it?

For some reason if you pause the video at certain spots it still shows the characters.

It's really.. weird.

They're editing it, they're doing this shit on purpose!!!

Nintendo really knows how to fuel the hype train.

Touchdown

Banned
Man God said:
Yeah, I noticed this too as one of my buddies had the movie on his harddrive. So an informal leak. The last time this happend Sheik was announced, so I wonder about the Dojo tonight...

Quck Batman!! To the Dojo thread to post prediction and stevencolbert_itoldyouso.gif!!:D

Crushed

Fry Daddy
SuperAngelo64 said:

EDIT: Nevermind.. I see it now.. for some reason they only show up if you pause the video...
Oooohhhhhhhhh.... you're right. They only appear if you pause the video correctly.

Weeeeeird.

mutsu

Crushed said:
OH SHIT

THEY RE-EDITED IT! :lol

They did indeed.

I was only watching it like 15 minutes to 30 minutes ago, and it was still there!!!

Nintendo reading GameFAQs and NeoGAF confirmed.

RagnarokX

ggnoobIGN said:
From SB:
Normal pic(Notice bottom right corner-
modea12_080118a.jpg

"That's got to be someone!"(perhaps an AC character) pic:

modea12_080118b.jpg
Yeah, I pointed out the Katrina sticker the night sticker powerups was announced. The full word, according to the new images, is 専用(senyou) which means "exclusive use". All stickers with exclusive users so far have had exclusive users only within the series the sticker is from: kirby cell phone, groudon, and claus. It would make sense Katrina is used by an Animal Crossing character. As for why he/she would need magic... maybe the golden tools are considered magical.

Jiggy

webrunner said:
Stages have icons now (apparently they show up in the Stage Select screen). The two icons we have without confirmed characters both have stages.
Well, this is true. Gives me all the more reason to wonder what 19 and 21 will end up being. :eek:

JohnTinker said:
Reno is that a be-all, end-all list?

Or are you leaving out a couple? (You won't need to specify who)
Yeah, this is a highly important question. If there are 14 newcomers (counting ZSS, which Reno didn't, but I am, because I'm painfully stubborn and incorrigible like that) and MarkMan's 37 figure is correct (counting ZSS and Sheik, which MM didn't, but I am), that means 23 out of Melee's 26 characters are not returning.

I'd always assumed that the only veterans not returning would be Dr. Mario, Pichu, and Roy. And we don't see Pichu anywhere, so that's one down. But it turns out Mewtwo's not returning either, so I suppose that means that one out of Dr. Mario and Roy will actually make the cut. And maybe it's just my favoritism speaking, but come on back Doc. Please. :D I always hated regular Mario anyway.

TreIII

mutsu said:
They did indeed.

I was only watching it like 15 minutes to 30 minutes ago, and it was still there!!!

Nintendo reading GameFAQs and NeoGAF confirmed.

We already know that they read this stuff.

I'm just surprised the Nintendo Ninjas bothered to cover their tracks, when we already have all of our proof right....

*gets a sword stabbed in his neck* :D

duffey

That is really strange. Confirming the pause thing works, and the video changes resolution slightly when you pause it to see those characters. How odd.

Grecco

As for why he/she would need magic... maybe the golden tools are considered magical.

Maybe it meant Katrina uses magic not the user. What did the Kirby sticker say? Err on seccond thought

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Firestorm said:
I just realized Reno gets banned if Cel-Shaded Link isn't in.
If Reno does not edit his post, Young Link is in!

He's so not banned.

SuperAngelo64 said:
For some reason if you pause the video at certain spots it still shows the characters.

It's really.. weird.

They're editing it, they're doing this shit on purpose!!!

Nintendo really knows how to fuel the hype train.

Oh wow. They planted that there just in case a dedicated fan paused it at the exact moment to see what characters were being used. Thats quite elaborate!

Fireblend

Banned
Woah, if they are covering it, then Sakurai must have a specialized team working on every major board 24-hours a day in charge of ensuring nothing gets leaked at all :lol nintendo ninjas indeed...

Oh brb someone's knocking...

Raw64life

Jiggy37 said:
Yeah, this is a highly important question. If there are 14 newcomers (counting ZSS, which Reno didn't, but I am, because I'm painfully stubborn and incorrigible like that) and MarkMan's 37 figure is correct (counting ZSS and Sheik, which MM didn't, but I am), that means 23 out of Melee's 26 characters are not returning.

Reno listed 15 newcomers. He just didn't change the number in the list he quoted.

I think because the video is embedded in a flash player they're using symbols to block out the information they don't want to go public yet.

However, the reason it doesn't show up on YouTube is because when you convert a flash file to a movie the symbols are entirely static.

Also, since the flash player is running from our browser, and everyone is using different browsers, it's probably more difficult/easy to get the symbol-block to vanish for some of us.

This is, however, just a guess.

Haha, I just watched it 5 minutes ago and the heads were there. Now, they're gone, but suddenly appear if you pause it at that spot. Very weird :lol

I've seen them now. That's definitely the three in question. It's good to see Ness back. The game wouldn't be the same if I couldn;t take a bat to his face. :lol

I hope you all remember this time, it is a great time to be ignoring your games/sleep/significant other and reading GAF/browsing the interwebs.

Economan

Predictions for tonight.

All remaining characters revealed on the dojo (at least one of the three) and MarkMan reveals himself as Sakurai.

PkunkFury

It's pretty awesome how wev'e peiced together the roster over the course of the day. Nintendo's vid leak sealed the deal. We haven't even seen a straight roster post yet :lol

SuperAngelo64 said:
I think because the video is embedded in a flash player they're using symbols to block out the information they don't want to go public yet.

However, the reason it doesn't show up on YouTube is because when you convert a flash file to a movie the symbols are entirely static.

Also, since the flash player is running from our browser, and everyone is using different browsers, it's probably more difficult/easy to get the symbol-block to vanish for some of us.

This is, however, just a guess.

If that's the case, then we can assume that Lucario, Ness and Jigglypuff are intended at some point to be revealed on the dojo.

Fenix

Scalpel Knight said:
I hope you all remember this time, it is a great time to be ignoring your games/sleep/significant other and reading GAF/browsing the interwebs.

Quit making me feel guilty :(

Firestorm

Scalpel Knight said:

Godammit I have two assignments due on Tuesday, not much time tomorrow due to a job interview, and I'm on GAF.

This smash shit always happens when I least need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom