• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros. Brawl 'Spoiler' thread. -- Denial phase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raw64life

So assuming the video leak & Reno/MarkMan are 100% correct...

Returning = 14
Mario
Link
Kirby
Pikachu
Fox
Samus/ZSS
Zelda/Sheik
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Peach
Ice Climbers
Ness
Jigglypuff

Newcomers = 15
Pit
Wario
Ike
Pokemon Trainer
Diddy Kong
Meta Knight
WW Link
Snake
Lucas
Sonic
King Dedede
R.O.B.
Olimar
Lucario
Wolf

Which leaves 6 spots for returning Melee characters. I'd guess...

Falco
Luigi
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon
Mr. Game & Watch
Marth

Jiggy

Grecco said:
Its also really bizzare how Smashville is the first stage from a game without an actual character.
Whichever symbol out of 19 and 21 isn't the ROB symbol could end up being just that as well. And the DS icon, but that's not a game per se.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
dwin45 said:
Are we sure that that's Ness and not the Pokemon Trainer? It shows him when some Pokemon sticker is highlighted and the other Characters appearing with him are all Pokemon (Pikachu, Lucario, and Jigglypuff). So maybe it's just showing what characters can use that sticker and it makes sense that it would be Pokemon Trainer and not Ness.
1st pic is PT, 2nd pic is Ness. We've been over this a dozen times now.

Fenix said:
My math may be pretty bad, but didn't Reno list 15 newcomers with the 18 established returning characters? That puts us at 33 total characters out of the 35 MarkMan has told us... so there is some speculation still? I'll continue to hold out for an AC character.
I'm under the assumption that he was intending to list all of the new characters, which would imply Game & Watch and Marth are returning.

bounchfx

holy shit, I thought you guys were just playing around when you said they re edited, since I just watched it less than 15-20 minutes ago.

it's totally gone now.

well shit, this def. confirms it, so it's kinda odd that they take it out now since everyone already knows.. unless it was an earlier build and they were just test characters.. which I really doubt.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
SuperAngelo64 said:
I didn't and still don't.
So you're saying you don't believe that the game has exactly 35 characters and 20 stages either? I mean, it was MarkMan that told us that.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Raw64life said:
So assuming the video leak & Reno/MarkMan are 100% correct...

Which leaves 6 spots for returning Melee characters. I'd guess...

Falco
Luigi
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon
Mr. Game & Watch
Marth
The one leaker(who said the specific date Sonic would be unveiled, the 2nd delay, and part of Olimar's moveset) also says 35 chars, "Toon" Link, and Mr. G&W.

Firestorm

Meh. Seems odd that NyaseNya, ChaosZero, MarkMan, and Reno all have information that fits together perfectly. I actually believe all four of these people now. Doesn't matter too much as in a week we'll know the real deal, but I'd say they're all credible.

Alright guys, I'm missing out on something here. What exactley is MarkMan and Reno's credentials again? Everyone keeps talking about how correct they are, and how promminent they are in the Tekken community, but I have yet to hear a single drop about how any of that is connected to Brawl. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but what is making everyone else so sure?

And to keep things on topic: I don't think Mewtwo not being on a sticker confirms he got the axe.

dwin45

Edag Plata said:
This is getting insane. I'm going to sleep. See you all tomorrow.
You know you're going to stay up for another hour and a half just to see if tonights update is Lucario...

TreIII

I just have one question, MarkMan, Reno or whomever else feels inclined to answer...

How can we be sure that what you guys played was the bona fide FINAL version of the game, and that you guys just didn't play a build that just had some matter of characters unlocked, but not ALL of them, in the case that some one didn't button their lips like Nintendo wanted? :lol

I mean, remember how Sakurai specifically edited the leaked intro vid to Melee/DX, such that the Sheik part wasn't included, and people had no idea about Sheik's existence, and relationship to Zelda as a character dynamic, until later? How do we know that they didn't run the same game on you?

Fireblend

Banned
Firestorm said:
Meh. Seems odd that NyaseNya, ChaosZero, MarkMan, and Reno all have information that fits together perfectly. I actually believe all four of these people now. Doesn't matter too much as in a week we'll know the real deal, but I'd say they're all credible.
So, what would be the confirmed roster so far? I'm lost here @_@

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
I'd still like one of our leakers to explain to us how R.O.B. is playable while also being a generic SSE villain. Even if they're just copies and this one is the real deal, why would Sakurai make them enemies in the first place?

PkunkFury

I saw this posted on GameFaqs yesterday. Since all info is pointing to this being the final roster, I'll be interested to see if the roster screen is in this order. It's possible this was our first full leak:

GoateBoate
Posted 1/19/2008 10:06:43 PM
message detail I will admit. I have no credibility whatsover on my own part because I will not reveal my source. However, I will tell you what I know to be correct. The "rows" indicate each row in the character select screen. The characters go from left to right on each row.

Row 1

Mario
DK
Link
Samus
Kirby
Fox
Pikachu
Marth
Mr. Game & Watch

Row 2

Luigi
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Pit
Meta Knight
Falco
Pokemon Trainer
Ike
Snake

Row 3

Peach
Yoshi
Ganondorf
Ice Climbers
King Dedede
Lucario
Ness
Sonic
Bowser

Row 4

Wario
Toon Link
R.O.B. (star fox)
Captain Olimar
Captain Falcon
Lucas
Wolf
Jigglypuff

It seems row 4 would be jogged over one position, for 4 rows of 9. The jogged position would likely be a random switch, in the lower left corner. This way chaarcter series line up better.

I don't have a link because I just copied it and pasted it into notepad. I thought it was fake, but figured it was worth saving since it matched a few of the unconfirmed leaks

Mark? Reno?

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Fireblend said:
"Newcomers = 13
Pit
Wario
Ike
Pokemon Trainer
Diddy Kong
Meta Knight
WW Link
Snake
Lucas
Sonic
King Dedede
R.O.B.
Olimar
Lucario
Wolf"

6 left to be discovered. all assumed to be selectable from the start.

traveler

Not Wario
We've had this talk about Reno before. (Hint: He's right, just as he was when he confirmed that VF5 360 would have online before it was ever announced)

Sadly, this means no Geno. :(

Cynar

BlueSummers said:
Whats with this starwolf and WW Link talk? I must have missed something.
Doesn't belong in this thread.

edit: I guess I should read the thread first, I'm an idiot :lol

M3wThr33

Banned
Fireblend said:
As far as I'm concerned, it's officially a clusterfuck.

It's a mix of stuff on the Dojo, "99% obvious," speculation and others confirmed through grainy video icons.

I don't care anymore.

dwin45

PkunkFury said:
I saw this posted on GameFaqs yesterday. Since all info is pointing to this being the final roster, I'll be interested to see if the roster screen is in this order. It's possible this was our first full leak:

It seems row 4 would be jogged over one position, for 4 rows of 9. The jogged position would likely be a random switch, in the lower left corner. This way chaarcter series line up better.

I don't have a link because I just copied it and pasted it into notepad. I thought it was fake, but figured it was worth saving since it matched a few of the unconfirmed leaks

Mark? Reno?
ding, ding, ding...and here is your final Smash Bros. roster!!!

ggnoobIGN

Banned
M3wThr33 said:

It's a mix of stuff on the Dojo, "99% obvious," speculation and others confirmed through grainy video icons.

I don't care anymore.
Not to mention repeats of other "prophets".

Man God

Non-Canon Member
traveler said:
We've had this talk about Reno before. (Hint: He's right, just as he was when he confirmed that VF5 360 would have online before it was ever announced)

Wow. Confirmation of online in a 360 multiplayer game. Stop the presses. This guess is so out of left field!

PkunkFury

M3wThr33 said:

I don't care anymore.

the sooner you accept the new roster, the sooner you will get over the fact that characters you wanted aren't in, and actually look forward to playing as some of the cool ones we got. Everybody wanted a handful of personal picks. We all need to realise that there was no way this game would please at the rate things were going. Everytime they added a newcomer to the Dojo, we expected more

TreIII said:
I mean, remember how Sakurai specifically edited the leaked intro vid to Melee/DX, such that the Sheik part wasn't included, and people had no idea about Sheik's existence, and relationship to Zelda as a character dynamic, until later? How do we know that they didn't run the same game on you?
Actually, I'm quite sure it was originally Sheik that we knew about and Zelda that was kept secret that time around. I watched that video five zillion times, and I remember noticing how they edited in a little clip of Zelda for the actual game after I popped it in the 'Cube.

Edit: On topic, I'm pretty happy about all of these leaks so far. Jigglypuff is my main in Melee, and Ness was my main in the 64 days before he was nerfified. I just recently was starting to have fun playing as Mewtwo with my friend, so I'm a little sad to see him go. As for ROB, I'm taking a wait-and-see approach before I allow my knee-jerk negative reaction to kick in.

Man God said:
Wow. Confirmation of online in a 360 multiplayer game. Stop the presses. This guess is so out of left field!
This was before the 360 version was announced and when Sega said there would not be online multiplayer in VF5, but you just keep being an ass.

Economan

traveler said:

Who is this guy?

traveler said:

Could you link to this talk? I mean, sorry, but I don't see how stating a 360 game has online has anything to do with Brawl.

Firestorm

Fireblend said:

Not confirmed roster, but if all of them are telling the truth:

Veterans (20)
Mario
Link
Kirby
Pikachu
Fox
Samus
Zelda
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Peach
Ice Climbers
Sheik
Ness
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Mr Game & Watch
Captain Falcon
Falco
Marth
Young Link (cel-shaded)

Newcomers (15)
Pit
Wario
Zero Suit Samus
Ike
Pokemon Trainer
Diddy Kong
Meta Knight
Snake
Lucas
Sonic
King Dedede
Pikmin & Olimar
Lucario
Wolf
R.O.B.

36, needs 1 more because I called ZSS and Sheik as different characters. Most likely Luigi.

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
PkunkFury said:

Mark? Reno?
Hold on a second. As I understand it, ROB 64 from StarFox is not based on R.O.B. His name in the Japanese version is still ROB 64, whereas the peripheral was called Famicom Robot over there. In other words, ROB 64 is just a random robot from the Star Fox franchise. Why in the hell would he be a playable character?

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
I love how the game is driving half of gaf crazy! Even the spoiler thread turned into a "rumor I want to be true" thing... Let's get a mod who cares handle this shit...:lol $

Lulz Carmen Sandiego confirmed.

PkunkFury

Zek said:
Hold on a second. As I understand it, ROB 64 from StarFox is not based on R.O.B. His name in the Japanese version is still ROB 64, whereas the peripheral was called Famicom Robot over there. In other words, ROB 64 is just a random robot from the Star Fox franchise. Why in the hell would he be a playable character?

I don't know, I didn't make that list. But that is what the guy said.

He really stuck his head out by saying ROB is star fox icon. We will know if he was right when we see the screens

Economan

Zek said:
I'd still like one of our leakers to explain to us how R.O.B. is playable while also being a generic SSE villain. Even if they're just copies and this one is the real deal, why would Sakurai make them enemies in the first place?

I think that if you were to look at Rob in Star Fox Assault, you'd find your answer. What I'd bet though, as to his actual playability, is that you control him in the Collection mode (ie, when organizing trophies and stickers). This seems much more likely to me than ROB as a playable character.

Grecco

BuddhaRockstar said:
Other than an Animal Crosser I am content with this roster.

Pretty damn much. Though it means theres a possibility of other stages from franchises not represented by actual fighters in Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom