• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SMASH BROS IN THE HIZOUSE (neo tokyo asplode)

ant1532 said:
Donkey Show, can you answer this please

Thing is, I'm pretty sure it's been said and there isn't any leaderboards or anything like that in the online mode but anyways, in melee under the data option and then under records they kept stats for matches played , won, lost, ko's, etc. Now in the data menu for brawl where they keep similar stats on vs matches, etc, do they have anything for online games won or anything pertaining to online records?
Right now, I'm looking at a blank page specifically for VS records and considering I have played a couple local games, but not online games, I'm going to assume that's where it's kept. But right now I have nothing.

donkey show, add someone as a friend and try sending them a custom stage. Then, try playing them online in a friend's game and seeing if the custom stage tab becomes selectable. It may have been omitted when sporsk's tried, because the players didn't have the same maps.

But I probably should get either sp0sk's or cvxfreak's FC to try out the custom stage thing.

Anyway, mine is 2578 2315 3012

Feep

Banned
I'm pissed that the Smash the Targets stages are no longer character specific. They were very well-designed with each character's abilities in mind...now they'll just be stupid. = (

Firestorm

Feep said:
I'm pissed that the Smash the Targets stages are no longer character specific. They were very well-designed with each character's abilities in mind...now they'll just be stupid. = (

I'm confused as to why they did this as it seems like it'd be much harder to make 1 Break the Targets that works for everyone rather than specific Target Tests.

zenbot

LTTP!

cardcrusher.jpg

Teknoman

Kabuki Waq said:
WTF?

:lol

Seriously though, every single character select screenshot has a cube icon there. Its nice and all to have multiple options for when others come over in case you dont have 4 wiimotes and nunchucks...but jeez.

When you hold the wiimote and nunchuck, your fingers are already on the c and z buttons as far as jumping and blocking go, and your thumb on the analog for smash attacks and movement. Your other hand's thumb and finger is already on the A and B button, covering attacking, specials, and grabbing.

Seems like pretty good command placement to me.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Zek said:
ness' specials :(

please donkey show

please?

In videos, I've seen PK Thunder for sure (the bolt is bigger than Lucas'), I've heard Ness say PK Fire (but he got knocked out of the attack), and I've also heard him say PK Flash.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Linkzg said:
now I know who he reminds me of, the Evil Inspector Gadget from the shitty live action movie.

That movie dealt a grievous blow to my childhood memories of Inspector Gadget. Don't ever mention it again.

Not as much as discovering what Dr. Claw's face looks like, though.

D:

CloudV

Picked up my copy at Bic Shibuya over lunch.
Seems like they had a lot left, as I didn't pre-order.
There was a small line though, with 3 mom's, a couple of college kids, 2 salarymen, and one American (me:lol )

I'm going to get online to play tonight.
OK to hook up some j-gaf matches perhaps?
Sp0rk, John, if you're cool with exchange wii/sumabura codes.

Rotanibor

donkey show said:
The same as before. :D

Does it feel like they've tweaked him to be a bit stronger or faster this time around? As my main in 64 and Melee, I was crushed when he got nerfed. Him being a bit more at least around average this time around would be nice.

Also, does PK Flash move any faster now? If that move is still mostly unusable I'll be annoyed.

Firestorm

Ack. I just thought of something important I can't believe I didn't ask before. Is the C-Stick useable in single player? You can just go to Classic and try the C-Stick using the GCN controller.

Meloche

Firestorm said:
Ack. I just thought of something important I can't believe I didn't ask before. Is the C-Stick useable in single player? You can just go to Classic and try the C-Stick using the GCN controller.
this

Also, DATA. Any new cool things that they're tracking?

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
Yeah, is PK Flash still useless? Compared to the ridiculousness of PK Freeze it would be dumb if they just left Flash alone.

Can anyone who picked up the game that owns the Hori Wii stick see what happens if you try to play with it? The classic controller uses analog for control and the d-pad for taunts, so you couldn't move around with the Hori stick right? Unless it is so customizable that it lets you use d-pad controls instead of analog in classic controller mode...

Proven

Bonerville High said:
Can anyone who picked up the game that owns the Hori Wii stick see what happens if you try to play with it? The classic controller uses analog for control and the d-pad for taunts, so you couldn't move around with the Hori stick right? Unless it is so customizable that it lets you use d-pad controls instead of analog in classic controller mode...

Yes, I do believe that it's that customizable.

Proven said:
Yes, I do believe that it's that customizable.

So I can plug in the Hori Wii stick, the game will detect it as a classic controller, and then map movement to the "d-pad" (arcade stick)? Hmmm, I wonder how Smash plays with it!

Whew, I'm happy to know that I won't need to get a wavebird in order to play this at its best. Now, only 39 more days of waiting! wooo.

Firestorm said:
YES! No more bs deaths as I do something and nothing happens :D

Wow, I hadn't even THOUGHT to ask that in all the hype and craziness. That would honestly almost be a deal breaker for me as far as single player goes. I'd still have played through SSE and all but man I wouldn't have enjoyed it nearly as much. Great news!

kamikaze

just got back from a 3 hour brawl session after work. about 8 people with various skill levels.

haven't had the chance to read the threads so i'll just throw out some random observations and hopefully some of you will find them interesting.

- ness, marth luigi, and sonic were unlocked from playing 4-player brawl alone. i'm guessing they were either unlocked because of playtime or number of matches played.
- the homerun bat takes a lot longer to swing now...it seems like it's more useful as a thrown item now
- pikachu fires the superscope over his shoulder; no more laying on the ground and firing it off
- there's a map in the background of the mario kart level that you can look at to help determine when the karts will be racing across the screen
- it's fun to pick up the franklin badge on a large level and then walk towards a fully charged samus
- seeing luigi's final smash for the first time was really trippy....greenish lights, funky music, and luigi dancing.
- wario is probably the funniest of the new characters (chomping on people and riding around on the bike always got a laugh from the crowd).
- zero suit kirby looks cute but the gun isn't too good.
- marth's final smash involved a quick horizontal dash and slash that knocked out anyone in its path (there might be more to it since it only happened once)
- olimar & pikmin were hard to learn in the middle of a 4-player brawl...i'm going to have to mess around with him more later on my own
- from pikachu's perspective, there are some notable differences to the classic stages. thunder jolt does not flip the panels in classic yoshi's island. thunder goes through the platforms/level if used in the lower parts of hyrule temple.

that's about it off the top of my head...off to subspace emissary mode now!

Proven

kamikaze said:
just got back from a 3 hour brawl session after work. about 8 people with various skill levels.

haven't had the chance to read the threads so i'll just throw out some random observations and hopefully some of you will find them interesting.

- ness, marth luigi, and sonic were unlocked from playing 4-player brawl alone. i'm guessing they were either unlocked because of playtime or number of matches played.
- the homerun bat takes a lot longer to swing now...it seems like it's more useful as a thrown item now
- pikachu fires the superscope over his shoulder; no more laying on the ground and firing it off
- there's a map in the background of the mario kart level that you can look at to help determine when the karts will be racing across the screen
- it's fun to pick up the franklin badge on a large level and then walk towards a fully charged samus
- seeing luigi's final smash for the first time was really trippy....greenish lights, funky music, and luigi dancing.
- wario is probably the funniest of the new characters (chomping on people and riding around on the bike always got a laugh from the crowd).
- zero suit kirby looks cute but the gun isn't too good.
- marth's final smash involved a quick horizontal dash and slash that knocked out anyone in its path (there might be more to it since it only happened once)
- olimar & pikmin were hard to learn in the middle of a 4-player brawl...i'm going to have to mess around with him more later on my own
- from pikachu's perspective, there are some notable differences to the classic stages. thunder jolt does not flip the panels in classic yoshi's island. thunder goes through the platforms/level if used in the lower parts of hyrule temple.

that's about it off the top of my head...off to subspace emissary mode now!

What order did you unlock them?

The good news is that I can just go straight into Brawl to practice for a few matches instead of having to go straight to the SSE, and still unlock characters. Especially Sonic. Then make a few quick runs through Classic for other people, and then start the SSE. Well, really, I just want to control the order I unlock the characters. I don't want to be like everyone else and unlock Wolf last. It would just make me feel stupid.

donkey show said:
Cube will always be the best, but the Classic is really growing on me.

can you change control to the Dpad on classic controller?

im pretty sure I will be playing with my gamecube controller, but I think playing with the dpad would be interesting with the CC

Top Bottom