• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

Well cool. I usually play with a friend from work and we skype during. When I log on tonight I'll have a play around and see if I can join the clan.

This is my first MOBA / online gaming experience so I'm still finding my way.

Send a friend request to XTVengeance, and I can see how you are doing to start.

When you click play there's an option on the left side that says "Preferred Region" You can change it there.

Also, yesterday I played with this dude in Siege. He was playing Hades. He told us he would solo right lane and for all 4 of us to go left. He grabbed red and went right.

This was the result - https://account.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/match-details.aspx?match=65837399

In one of my siege games, I lost against an Apollo that went 43 / 12 / 10

He even did a Penta (and I was the stupid I gave it to him, after killing my 4 team mates, I tried to kill him 1vs1, I failed by only 1 basic attack).

Oh my god, I'm having a hard time playing anyone but Zeus, lol. He's such a beast. I feel like a total bro when I land charges, turn around and casually walk away and hit 3 and see the kills behind me. lol

Indignate

Oh my god, I'm having a hard time playing anyone but Zeus, lol. He's such a beast. I feel like a total bro when I land charges, turn around and casually walk away and hit 3 and see the kills behind me. lol

And everybody you kill like that hates you so much.

Indignate

Did everyone keep the original key bindings?

I had to switch the abilities to Q,E,R,F as the distance to the number keys (and the F keys for leveling) was not doing it for me.

So here's the new Apollo skin that was being ultra hyped:

https://twitter.com/SmiteGame/status/469206162299047936

NdkQN6F.jpg

dK1dWZk.jpg

5Zs8717.jpg

LOL... oh man the people on Reddit are so salty. It's almost universally hated.

*Edit - Here are some in-game pics. His auto attacks have a thinner projectile, his 2 and ult display the TSM logo, and the chariot is silver.

600 gems.

So do people hate it cuz it's TSM centric or because it's not as much as a overhaul as the GEB and AMC skins?

Judging from the crying on Reddit, it's both. I guess Hi-Rez hyped this skin like crazy, so people thought it was going to be awesome like the latest skins (G.E.B. 1, Dark Whisperer, and Scarlet Coven are all amazing). Instead they got a clan skin that, admittedly, doesn't seem that cool at first glance.

In Hi-Rez's defense, I think it's cool that they honored the winner of the Smite launch tournament with a skin.

I don't have the god pack so I spend my gems on unlocking gods instead of buying skins, so I don't care either way. The childlike outrage on Reddit and Twitter is hilarious though. Kinda like when Dota 2 didn't get Diretide for Halloween and the community had a meltdown of epic proportions. Man I'd hate to be a MOBA video game company, the playerbase is truly one of the worst.

Indignate

In Hi-Rez's defense, I think it's cool that they honored the winner of the Smite launch tournament with a skin.

Agreed. It's a neat idea that the winner of their big tournament might be immortalized in the game. I actually hope they do something similar with the next winner as well.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
cool that they did that but ill skip that one

I had to switch the abilities to Q,E,R,F as the distance to the number keys (and the F keys for leveling) was not doing it for me.

yeah im used to it from all those years of mmos wasd and 1-4 for abilities and f keys to level skills

been playing smite for about 2 weeks(whenever i have the time) currently lvl12. Play the game so much I decided to support the studio and buy the ultimate god pack. Favorite character is Neith since she's the one I do best with but I also like using Loki. I'm pretty weak with loki but he's a fun character to use. Now that I own all the gods what gods do you guys recommend who are easy(BUT FUN) to use? thinking of trying out the bee guy when I get home later today.

Indignate

Really liking Nu Wa a lot. Her ability to push down towers in Siege is great.

Also accidentally picked Agni, which was nice cuz turns out he's really good too!

been playing smite for about 2 weeks(whenever i have the time) currently lvl12. Play the game so much I decided to support the studio and buy the ultimate god pack. Favorite character is Neith since she's the one I do best with but I also like using Loki. I'm pretty weak with loki but he's a fun character to use. Now that I own all the gods what gods do you guys recommend who are easy(BUT FUN) to use? thinking of trying out the bee guy when I get home later today.

I found Ra really easy to use. Really strong nukes and a heal.

Indignate

Used Sobek twice in Conquest and won both times. Had a dude yelling in the second game about how I should have went solo and the AMC that called solo should have went duo with Neith. He kept proclaiming that "that's how the meta works," all while losing his mid lane.

I think some people watch streams too much instead of actually playing and getting to know the heroes and knowing how to adapt.

Aaron

I use a 360 controller. I find it easier to juke incoming attacks, and attacking myself isn't any harder. Only targeted on hero abilities like Athena's ult are touchy.

Used Sobek twice in Conquest and won both times. Had a dude yelling in the second game about how I should have went solo and the AMC that called solo should have went duo with Neith. He kept proclaiming that "that's how the meta works," all while losing his mid lane.

I think some people watch streams too much instead of actually playing and getting to know the heroes and knowing how to adapt.

That is not how the meta works at all. First off, there should never be two hunters on one team.

Au Kuong is very easy. Just level his 3, the tornados, and place them over the minions and enemy gods. It does a shitload of damage. His Ult is great for running away as well, as it starts behind him. Just drop it in the direction you are running and anything that chases you will get hit.

Mage: Ao Kuang
Hunter: Neith
Assassin: Bastet
Guardian: Ymir

Ao Kuang is great. He has the best wave clear in the game, and does a ton of damage — all with one move. Drop Tornadoes on the minions. Drop Tornadoes on your opponents. Drop Tornadoes on buff camps. Drop Tornadoes on everything. You will always be credit to team.

Everyone says Neith is the easiest Hunter, so I'll take their word for it. I actually don't own her so I can't say much.

Bastet is my pick for easiest Assassin because she has a great DoT damage move that is easy to land, and she has an amazing leap that serves as an initiate + escape all in one.

Ymir is rather easy to use as a support. He has a nice stun and a slow, and that's all you need to set up lots of kills for your team.

I don't really play Warriors so I can't recommend one for beginners. Maybe Sun Wukong? He's really good.

Yeah that's really annoying. People spamming "Good Game!" just because nobody picked "top tier" gods. People need to just shut up and play the game.

Aaron

Neith does solid damage dealer and her leap back is one of the best escapes I've used so far. As long as you don't get blindsided or greedy, you'll be really hard to kill. Her ult is also pretty unfair at the higher levels. Hits any enemy god with vision on him anywhere on the map and does big damage.

drotahorror

Just had something pretty priceless happen.

Was playing Siege (solo queue), up against a full clan.

We were waiting on jungle spawns and I said, be careful sometimes clans like to invade so just watch out.

The Scylla on my team said "There's not a jungler retard". W/e that means, anyways, I said not sure what that has to do with anything but watch out.

Scylla says "I'll believe it when I see it"

Sure enough we got invaded and she was first blood. Didn't even get a jungle buff.

And everybody you kill like that hates you so much.

Cool guys never look at the explosions behind their back!
:) The first Zeus I faced in conquest got fed (I was solo Hades) and that got me to try him.

I'm trying Hel now and she has a much steeper learning curve.

I also tried out Siege today. I like it, it's pretty hectic, but I also feel like you have very little room to make mistakes. I also got nothing but bad teams. Actually had one game where I was the only person in left (Hel) vs a Scylla and Ymir. :X Yet somehow I never lost a tower, and right lane lost all of theirs with 4 people... what?

Aaron

Some people don't know how to MOBA. I was on a random team where three of the players would just rush into every battle, and feed, feed, feed. They never got a single kill. They would run into a pack of three enemy gods and dump all their abilities.

Sobek Solo and duo lane with two Hunters?
In this case, it seems he watched streams too little!

(no, that's not the actual meta)

Tabby

Some people don't know how to MOBA. I was on a random team where three of the players would just rush into every battle, and feed, feed, feed. They never got a single kill. They would run into a pack of three enemy gods and dump all their abilities.
You don't need to play a lot of moba games to know that rushing into battle solo against 5 players is a bad idea.
It's common sense.

What's the max level in this game?
Playing at low levels is painful.
I'm going like, 20-4 every game and it's boring.

Indignate

Sobek Solo and duo lane with two Hunters?
In this case, it seems he watched streams too little!

(no, that's not the actual meta)

Well, he kept saying that tanks go in solo, that that was the meta. I'm not sure how much of the case that is. Either way, with our line up, I'm pretty sure we went the best route in terms of laning.

I knew my role in that game was to support our other hunter. I mean, it's what I did the previous game as well.

could be hes supposed to have 2 faces but maybe he has a stance change or something either way hype levels increased

He seems to have a mechanical or artificial design, with several body parts linked by chains, which surprised me because well, the wiki doesn't mention anything like that? A liberal design, in this case.

He has a key in the hand as a weapon, btw, if you look close enough, which makes sense if he is Janus.

Chaos17

Matchmaking screw up my fun (solo or duo team) when I reached lvl 20.
Always the same thing, either you're in the win or either you're in team loose.
You can rarely reverse a match.

Too bad they didn't do a thing to fiw that in this patch.

Indignate

That Draining Blade and Rage nerf hurts my Artemis :(

At least Nemesis escaped that Warrior debuff by just straight up switching classes.

Bahahahaha! I am so happy to see those Warrior nerfs. Poor Odin got nerfed into oblivion, why did they hit him so hard? And Nemesis is definitely better off as an assassin, especially with her ninja skin. :p

That Draining Blade and Rage nerf hurts my Artemis :(

At least Nemesis escaped that Warrior debuff by just straight up switching classes.

Build Executioner and gloves, they were buffed. So, one thing in exchange for the other.

Bahahahaha! I am so happy to see those Warrior nerfs. Poor Odin got nerfed into oblivion, why did they hit him so hard? And Nemesis is definitely better off as an assassin, especially with her ninja skin. :p

Yep, Odin was hit especially hard. I think too much. The attack speed and damage progression, and three abilities nerfed!

Neofx

Just started playing this amazing game! I started playing with Xbalanque, and now just bought my first god: Nemesis.

Just read the patch notes, apparently she's turning into a Assassin. Doesn't change much gameplay wise I hope? I really like her atm.

Top Bottom