• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

DeviantBoi

So since I got the Ares SWC 2015 skin in the Divine Chest, I decided to give him a try.

I remember him being one of the first gods I tried out when I first tried out the game, but I had no clue what I was doing and decided he wasn't for me.

I hate every time there's an Ares on the other team. I hate being chained and burnt and massacred when I don't have my beads up.

So... I applied everything I learned by playing against him and went on an amazing winning spree in the Arena.

Chasing someone you have chained and burning him to death just as he enters his fountain is just the best.

Malrend

Haven't seen much discussion about Thoth in here since his addition.

So here I am taking a second to appreciate his walking animation.. Now to wait for a "Walking on sunshine" skin.

DeviantBoi

Opened four Hunter's Chest and one Spring Festival Chest. Received:

* Orbital Strike Rama (600)
* Lil' Devil Cupid (400)
* BuccaNeith Neith (600)
* Olympian Anhur (400)
* Swagni Agni (600)

Not a bad haul for 1000 gems, especially since I like all those gods.

I must have done something really awful to someone at Hi-Rez to deserve these teams.

I feel the same way a lot of the times but honestly, I think 90% of the playerbase of this game is just god awful. It's the only game I've played where I run into way more awful players than I do actual decent players. Maybe cause it's a free to play game, I don't know.

Sorry for double post but wanted to ask a few things concerning Thoth since I'm having a good time playing him.

Is it viable to double stack Warlock's and Thoth on him? Or would something like Doom Orb and Thoth be better in that scenario? I've been starting with Soul Stone then usually going into Pen Boots>Thoth>Ob Shard>Tahuti>Desolation then sell Stone for whatever if the game lasts that long but I was wondering if going all in stacks might be good for him. Also been thinking about trying to fit in a Banecroft's somewhere but I'm not sure he benefits enough from it.

Other question I had was about skill order when leveling up. I had assumed it was 1>3>2 but now I'm starting to question if it's not 1>2>3.

Edit: Well that went pretty damn well. Granted my teammates set me up early and often.

thothv2ujn.png

Sorry for double post but wanted to ask a few things concerning Thoth since I'm having a good time playing him.

Is it viable to double stack Warlock's and Thoth on him? Or would something like Doom Orb and Thoth be better in that scenario? I've been starting with Soul Stone then usually going into Pen Boots>Thoth>Ob Shard>Tahuti>Desolation then sell Stone for whatever if the game lasts that long but I was wondering if going all in stacks might be good for him. Also been thinking about trying to fit in a Banecroft's somewhere but I'm not sure he benefits enough from it.

Other question I had was about skill order when leveling up. I had assumed it was 1>3>2 but now I'm starting to question if it's not 1>2>3.

Double stacking is often not the best option but it can work.

Going Book and Warlocks is a bad idea because by the time you get the second item bought you usually won't have a lot of time to stack it (I guess you could hold off on boots but that would be a poor choice).

It really depends on your wave clear though. Someone like Isis, who can full clear from lv1, will get her stacks very easily. Thoth has some trouble clearing until about lv7 so double stacking isn't as viable on him. You could use your 2 to also help your clear but then you've left yourself very vulnerable so I wouldn't suggest that.

Thoth is a burst mage so, like other burst mages, is probably best off building Orb and then power items. That said I find him to be quite squishy so personally prefer the Warlocks on him.

The last item for him, I would suggest soul reaver. At max level his ult already hits for a ton, through in a soul reaver and you will literally one shot squishies. I've seen quite a few videos of people deleting full health squishies with his ult.

In terms of build order I'd say it's up to you. His 3 allows you and your team to take objectives quicker (especially your hunter) however early game that might not be a huge priority.
Leveling his 2 lowers the cd which is always nice, also his 2 can hit for quite a bit. Personally I'd go for leveling the 2 after his 1.

gogosox82

I must have done something really awful to someone at Hi-Rez to deserve these teams.

Been having a rough go of it lately as well. Did 59k damage in a arena game and still lost by quite a bit. The Thor building deathbringer 2nd item didn't help either but then again I shouldn't be getting match with level 18's to begin with. I guess that's what I get for wanting to get a quick game in before bed.

edit: Nike looks badass. She is supposed to be a warrior iirc. Hopefully this isn't release Bellona where she is op for months before they finally nerf her but then they still haven't nerfed Erlang Shen and he's been out for months now.

Malrend

Eh, they've nerfed Erlang Shen.
Admittedly they've done so in small increments, so a drop in his performance has been more or less unnoticeable on the receiving end of his spear and dog.
But the reduced snare time on his Pin has severely reduced his clinging power for one.

Double stacking is often not the best option but it can work.

Going Book and Warlocks is a bad idea because by the time you get the second item bought you usually won't have a lot of time to stack it (I guess you could hold off on boots but that would be a poor choice).

It really depends on your wave clear though. Someone like Isis, who can full clear from lv1, will get her stacks very easily. Thoth has some trouble clearing until about lv7 so double stacking isn't as viable on him. You could use your 2 to also help your clear but then you've left yourself very vulnerable so I wouldn't suggest that.

Thoth is a burst mage so, like other burst mages, is probably best off building Orb and then power items. That said I find him to be quite squishy so personally prefer the Warlocks on him.

The last item for him, I would suggest soul reaver. At max level his ult already hits for a ton, through in a soul reaver and you will literally one shot squishies. I've seen quite a few videos of people deleting full health squishies with his ult.

In terms of build order I'd say it's up to you. His 3 allows you and your team to take objectives quicker (especially your hunter) however early game that might not be a huge priority.
Leveling his 2 lowers the cd which is always nice, also his 2 can hit for quite a bit. Personally I'd go for leveling the 2 after his 1.

Thanks, so would you say Warlock's is preferable to Book then? Maybe something along the lines of;

Warlock's>Pen Boots>Bancroft's>Obsidian>Tahuti>Reaver?

Then the third item slot would be pretty flexible for stuff like Dynasty Plate Helm or Divine Ruin if needed.

Thanks, so would you say Warlock's is preferable to Book then? Maybe something along the lines of;

Warlock's>Pen Boots>Bancroft's>Obsidian>Tahuti>Reaver?

Then the third item slot would be pretty flexible for stuff like Dynasty Plate Helm or Divine Ruin if needed.

As I said, Warlocks is just my preference cause I prefer to be a little bit more tanky. It can also depend on the game. If you think you're gonna have a hard time stacking then Book may be better as the stacks on Book aren't as important as the ones on Warlocks.

I wouldn't get Bancrofts third, I'd actually get it last out of all those items. However if you replace it with either Dynasty Plate Helm or Divine then those I would get third or fourth item.

Like the new VGS options (on console at least, I guess). 'Quiet' and 'save yourself' are perfect for the regular-as-clockwork idiot who dives as Anubis, dies 10 times in a row, and spams 'help!' 'help!' 'help!' 'thanks' all game.

RAGE.

As I said, Warlocks is just my preference cause I prefer to be a little bit more tanky. It can also depend on the game. If you think you're gonna have a hard time stacking then Book may be better as the stacks on Book aren't as important as the ones on Warlocks.

I wouldn't get Bancrofts third, I'd actually get it last out of all those items. However if you replace it with either Dynasty Plate Helm or Divine then those I would get third or fourth item.

Thanks, I'm going to do some more experimentation with him. How is Doom Orb perceived these days? Is it an item that is worth building right now?

What is it about the Whiteout level that people can't seem to understand? Every game people just split up and start solo attacking Geb. Only win like 10% of the time.

Wish that could just always be the first one to decide if your group is even worthwhile.

gogosox82

What is it about the Whiteout level that people can't seem to understand? Every game people just split up and start solo attacking Geb. Only win like 10% of the time.

Wish that could just always be the first one to decide if your group is even worthwhile.

I always spam "Group up" during Whiteout and ping whenever I find him. Also, for anyone looking for tips, pick a hunter and buy pen and attack speed.

Did an Oddyssey quest which got me to lv6. The chest I got gave me Galactic Invader Ah Puch.

That's kinda thrown a (good) wrench into my ideas. I'm sitting on a bunch of gems from the recent sale and was gonna buy the upcoming Ah Puch skin but now I think I'll buy something else. I have no idea what though!

gogosox82

Man thoth just deletes people late game. His ult hits harder than Scylla's or Kuku's. Its crazy. Only down side is he does that annoying "OOOOHHHHH".

Also played Aphro in MOTD 80% cooldowns. Man I forgot how much of a beast she is late game. Granted your ult isn't going on a 15 sec cd but man that ult is really strong. You go in on her and she stuns you can heals it all back up while she's doing a shit ton of damage to you. I really need to play her more, she is so fun.

I read that Skadi's Kaldr will always point you in the right direction.

Yep, Kaldr goes directly to Geb everytime so all you have to do is follow Kaldr.

Man thoth just deletes people late game. His ult hits harder than Scylla's or Kuku's. Its crazy. Only down side is he does that annoying "OOOOHHHHH".

Also played Aphro in MOTD 80% cooldowns. Man I forgot how much of a beast she is late game. Granted your ult isn't going on a 15 sec cd but man that ult is really strong. You go in on her and she stuns you can heals it all back up while she's doing a shit ton of damage to you. I really need to play her more, she is so fun.

I've always liked Aphro but I suck with her, need to get better. That and I don't really know how to build her.

gogosox82

I've always liked Aphro but I suck with her, need to get better. That and I don't really know how to build her.

Pen boots, BoV, Rod of Asclepius, Obsidian Shard, Mantle of Discord, Rod of Tahuti is my build. Alternative build is Warlock Sash, Pen Boots, BoV, Obsidian Shard, Mantle of Discord, Rod of Tahuti. Both builds should give you enough hp and defense to survive the burst and heal through it. Try to stay linked to someone (either the tank or a hunter/mage). Remember that your ult cleanses all cc effects. I see a lot of Aphros either forget or just don't know that. For some reason hi rez won't fix the way her targeter works even though everyone who has played her bitches about how often the targeter screws you over so you basically have to play her like a warrior and get up close to get the stun off so you have to build some defense to survive the burst. Also, because you a healer people will just naturally jump on you so building defense usually helps with surviving that initial onslaught of damage.

So do people consider Susano OP? I don't see many people play him these days but...yeah...

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/95a1c7d6-817b-4f7d-81bd-ce2f5816f3f8?gamerTag=BananasWithGuns&scid=03a80100-9ff3-46ea-be76-e00e7fe465df

Granted I was built and fed but still lol. I think Susano probably my favorite god currently, or maybe second after Rat. Either way he's a ton of fun and I like where's at right now.

Pen boots, BoV, Rod of Asclepius, Obsidian Shard, Mantle of Discord, Rod of Tahuti is my build. Alternative build is Warlock Sash, Pen Boots, BoV, Obsidian Shard, Mantle of Discord, Rod of Tahuti. Both builds should give you enough hp and defense to survive the burst and heal through it. Try to stay linked to someone (either the tank or a hunter/mage). Remember that your ult cleanses all cc effects. I see a lot of Aphros either forget or just don't know that. For some reason hi rez won't fix the way her targeter works even though everyone who has played her bitches about how often the targeter screws you over so you basically have to play her like a warrior and get up close to get the stun off so you have to build some defense to survive the burst. Also, because you a healer people will just naturally jump on you so building defense usually helps with surviving that initial onslaught of damage.

Thanks. I'm going to try to put some more time in and get better. I actually hadn't considered building that much defense on her but I'm going to give that a try.

So do people consider Susano OP? I don't see many people play him these days but...yeah...

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/95a1c7d6-817b-4f7d-81bd-ce2f5816f3f8?gamerTag=BananasWithGuns&scid=03a80100-9ff3-46ea-be76-e00e7fe465df

Granted I was built and fed but still lol. I think Susano probably my favorite god currently, or maybe second after Rat. Either way he's a ton of fun and I like where's at right now.

He's not op, he is strong though. In that play you used his mobility very well. Get in, do damage and get out. Also, as you said, you were fed, everything is easier when your fed.

He got over needed a few patches ago and, even though they rolled some some of it back, people still probably think he's bad. That's most likely the reason you don't see him too much.

gogosox82

Thanks. I'm going to try to put some more time in and get better. I actually hadn't considered building that much defense on her but I'm going to give that a try.

I think people still think he's bad after all the nerfs but he's good now after they reverted some of them (especially that weird delay on his 1. Man that shit was annoying) and not op like he was.

Yeah I think most people don't build defense for whatever reason when its actually pretty strong on most gods especially healers. I do a similar build on Chang'e as well though sometimes I'll go tankier and get something like a bulwark and skip out of the Rod of Tahuti and just use pen as my main damage source because she can't use any abilites from far away like Aphro can expect maybe the ult but then you probably want to be somewhat close after you ult so you can get some extra damage off. Even with a hypercarry like Scylla you can get away with building a warlocks or even BoV and still do crazy damage.

gogosox82

Well just played a game with a level 5. I could tell he was new when he just ran at us at the beginning of the match. Felt bad so I just ignored him. I wonder if he was playing in a group tho since that would explain why he was in a game with a bunch of level 30's.

Malrend

I need..

2250 points to get T5 Anubis..
I can get another 900 out of Fafnir's Wonderland..
The question then becomes.. Are they going to introduce other ways of gaining small amounts of Odyssey Points before the Odyssey ends.. Or do I need to purchase a skin that I really don't want?

I need..

The question then becomes.. Are they going to introduce other ways of gaining small amounts of Odyssey Points before the Odyssey ends.. Or do I need to purchase a skin that I really don't want?

Do you have all of the small/cheap items? The Odyssey lasts until the end of January, you can easily get the 150 gems needed for the rat avatar in that time from log-in rewards. Maybe the border or emote for 250 gems if you prefer them.

DeviantBoi

I need..

Do the Saturnalia quests... 25 gems * 7 days = 175 gems

Do the weekly logins... 50 gems * 4 weeks = 200 gems

If you have at least 25 gems, that's enough to get either the Ao Kuang or Thor skin, which are only 400 gems.

Malrend

Do you have all of the small/cheap items? The Odyssey lasts until the end of January, you can easily get the 150 gems needed for the rat avatar in that time from log-in rewards. Maybe the border or emote for 250 gems if you prefer them.

I made a point out of buying the small items, because of them being "cheap".

Do the Saturnalia quests... 25 gems * 7 days = 175 gems

Do the weekly logins... 50 gems * 4 weeks = 200 gems

If you have at least 25 gems, that's enough to get either the Ao Kuang or Thor skin, which are only 400 gems.

Wait.. The Ao Kuang skin's price was reduced? I paid 500 gems for that one.

Anyway, I should be able to get enough gems during Saturnalia for the Arachne skin.. Which should be the only 400 gem skin that I don't have.
I'd rather spend those gems on VPs though, which is why I was hoping for another point event of some kind.

I'm going to guess Nike's knock up isn't going to last very long.

Edit: Just went 12-1 and massacred the other team as Nike, only my second time playing her. Nerfs inbound.

Top Bottom