• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

gogosox82

I'm going to guess Nike's knock up isn't going to last very long.

Edit: Just went 12-1 and massacred the other team as Nike, only my second time playing her. Nerfs inbound.

Nah. If they did that, she'd have no cc. Expect the ult to be nerfed. 60% slow and a massive shield at level 5 is bit much.

Edit: Called it. They nerfed her shield and slow on the ult.

Navid

Have to say I really dislike the 20% increased projectile speed to the Hieroglyphic Assault for Thoth... such a annoying ability now as it's very hard to dodge and due to his range you just have to sit there and take it most of the time.

So I still have 4 Mayan quests left but finished the Odyssey and got my Anubis skin. Is there any point to doing them? I'm guessing not but I might as well make sure.

gogosox82

Have to say I really dislike the 20% increased projectile speed to the Hieroglyphic Assault for Thoth... such a annoying ability now as it's very hard to dodge and due to his range you just have to sit there and take it most of the time.

I think I hate the one shots from across the map that you don't see or hear coming with his ult more.

No, there is no reason. Some people tried thinking it might give them extra Oddy chests for each quest but it doesn't.

That's what I figured, thank you for the confirmation.

Anyway, I'm having so much damn fun with Nike. I'm actually undefeated with her so far though I've only played 4 matches. I hope the nerfs don't hurt her too much because she's a hell of a lot of fun. She might end up being my new favorite Warrior.

Edit: Of course I say that and then I get a god awful team of complete morons.

Guess Hi-Rez is refunding purchases of the pantheon chests since they weren't supposed to be live yet. That means they'll take the skins away too right?

I hit a 1/4 rolls on a Harajuku Neith and I don't really want to lose it and potentially end up paying more than the 400 gems I already paid to get it.

Unless they're just going to be refunding the difference between the normal and sale prices. I guess that would work too.

I don't know if I've just lost my touch after not playing her in so long but I'm having a terrible time getting past Amaterasu's gutter trash early game. It seems to take forever to level up.

DeviantBoi

These Holiday Chests giveaways have been very generous to me.

I've gotten the Ratatoskr, Geb, Sylvanus, and Fenrir holiday skins.

I kinda want that Ah Puch skin... it eludes me.

When the Celtic Pantheon is released it seems there will be some skins for other gods in a Celtic style, Terra is the first one:

8c7dqmwvvj6y.jpg

DeviantBoi

Gem sale is live for the PS4 and 50% of the Ultimate God Pack Bundle.

The reason I'm so deep into this game is because I bought that bundle when it went on sale just before the beta ended.

Been playing nine months and I only now just discovered how much I love Ah Puch in Arena.

Took advantage of the gem sale and bought some gems to open the Holiday Chest a couple of time.s Got the Scylla and Ah Puch skins, so definitely happy with those rolls. Still want the Bacchus skin, but I don't want to risk another roll just to get the avatar.

gogosox82

Hopefully Clash will feel relatively similar. It's the mode I enjoy most right now so I'm a bit wary of the overhaul.

Sounds like its just art update and maybe changing some buffs or the placement of the camps. Shouldn't be too bad. I'm more interested in the conquest changes. I also hope they fix the mm. It really makes solo queuing a chore with the way mm works.

I kinda hope Aegises are nerfed. Whatever they are called now.

Just me being salty about some idiot assassin escaping AGAIN because of one. That and my lovely Serqet's catalyst charges are spent for nothing if I mistime an attack.

Navid

The reason I'm so deep into this game is because I bought that bundle when it went on sale just before the beta ended.
Think I'm on the opposite end, playing to earn favour and then getting to decide which characters to unlock is great fun and adds an extra incentive for me.

Hopefully Clash will feel relatively similar. It's the mode I enjoy most right now so I'm a bit wary of the overhaul.
Yeah, Clash is by far my favorite mode as it takes what I enjoy the most from Conquest (rotations and team-fights) and focuses on it since you have two lanes close together.

I hope they don't add a bunch of jungle in between the two lanes and make the map look more like Siege. A good change for me would be removing the Fire Giant in Clash and replacing it with more XP/Buff camps on the outskirts of the map instead.

So steam has released a top 100 games this year in terms of revenue and Smite is found in the silver section. I'm kinda surprised by that as I always assumed most Smite players did not go through steam and just had the stand alone launcher (usually only 10k-15k on at any one time that I see): http://store.steampowered.com/sale/2016_top_sellers/

There are quite a few games in the bronze section that I would have assumed made more money.

Edit: Seems the page may be based on your region, so maybe it's not as good a I first thought.

Wow, just has a massive come back in Clash. Down both Towers and Phoenixes and Titan at half health while their side was untouched. Managed to recover, wipe them, grab Fire Giant, wipe them again and then steal the win. That was nuts.

And the awfully dull female designs continue into 2017.

Sorry. :(

The pic I linked above is kinda meh I agree, it is a twitch prime skin though, the one in the video is better imo.

Here is the god reveal for Morrigan. Not sure it's supposed to be available though.

https://youtu.be/ymIXYg1zv24

That ult though. That ult makes up for the rest of her kit being very straightforward.

I'm kinda disappointed though as I was half expecting her to be like Meepo from Dota 2 even if that would be really hard in a 3rd person game.

Not sure that's a skin you unlock with Twitch Prime. Seems like it might be access to the Celtic Pantheon event. At least that's what I'm gathering from the wording in this PC Gamer article.

http://www.pcgamer.com/smites-season-4-update-introduces-the-celtic-pantheon-map-updates-voice-chat-and-more/

There's some more info about Season 4 there as well.

Yeah it seems you're right. The way I read it is you get free access to the event if you have twitch prime. That could easily be a really cheap way to get access to the event, especially if you hold onto the free month (and it counts ofc).

Also:

while defeating an elemental near the Fire Giant creates a one-way portal from your base to the objective for a limited time.

including queuing for multiple game modes at once

Are interesting things to note.

Shengar

Yeah it seems you're right. The way I read it is you get free access to the event if you have twitch prime. That could easily be a really cheap way to get access to the event, especially if you hold onto the free month (and it counts ofc).

Also:

Are interesting things to note.

They just implemented multiple game mode in Paladins recently. I'm surprised that they're not doing this first for Smite.

Navid

Edit: Sorry, only now noticed the video at the bottom of the PCGamer page BananasWithGuns posted.

Video for the new Celtic character: The Morrigan, Phantom Queen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymIXYg1zv24

Not a fan of yet another character with invisibility but her abilities look interesting, will be interesting to see how they deal with a magical character that can transform into a physical one in terms of power conversion...

Thinking about her ult there are certain gods you won't want to transform into. Herc for example need defense and hp regen, things you won't build on a mid or jungle mage.
Merc needs crit, you can't build that on a mage.

You'd mainly use her ult to get access to other ults. That makes it super situational though. Ults like NU Wa's, useful but are you going to use you your ult with, I assume, a long cd just to kill one person?

Ares is a god most people are probably thing about but to use his ult effectively you'd have to use your 3 to stealth your way into the middle of the enemy then ult and then ares ult. That's your escape down and you won't have the protections to just walk out of there. Also you might not even survive the Ares ult without protections if the team is coordinated.

A lot of people are going to be wasting that ult as they learn her I feel.

Top Bottom