• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Snake Pass |OT| Snake Had A Hard Life

hawk2025

Made it to level 11 tonight.

I don't want to end :(

The game gets better and better as you progress. All of the challenges, hidden paths. and twisty turns to climb are so great.

So is this fun? It's hard to see variety in the trailers - it kind of just looks like wrapping around poles - so my worry is that it could easily become tedious. But obviously I don't have a good sense of how it controls, and if minor changes do keep things interesting.

Kinsei

Banned
So is this fun? It's hard to see variety in the trailers - it kind of just looks like wrapping around poles - so my worry is that the could easily become tedious. But obviously I don't have a good sense of how it controls, and if minor changes do keep things interesting.

It's very fun. I'm at the last level of the second world and they have been introducing new challenges constantly. Think of the poles as platforms in a platformer.

Downloading on the Switch now! Bought a $30 eShop card from EB Games earlier today, just for it.

Zelda, I am Setsuna, FAST RMX, Metal Slug 3 and Snake Pass are rounding out my games collection.

I don't think I've ever bought as many games in such a short time for a console ever (the prices do help massively though!)

Also, this download is taking forever!

Tratorn

I want to get the game on switch to have something other than Zelda on this thing, but I heared the version is missing some content. Is it "only" time trial or is it missing something else as well?

Majine

Banned
Is the game short? A developer said
levels, which doesn't seem that much... I don't know how big the levels are.

Waji

Not at all. I think that's a weird interpretation, especially considering there are tons of people saying similar things.

I have access to both a better (technically) and cheaper version of the game but there's just something about getting it on the Switch that's tempting me.
Cheaper ? Ok I didn't know that.
Rime then this one, what the...

jb1234

Early in and I'm finding the game more frustrating than fun at this point. Maybe I'll change my mind as I keep playing. Just having trouble managing the controls.

jmartoine

Just downloading it now on my Switch.

Between Zelda, Shovel Knight. Binding of Isaac and this my Switch is getting a lot of use.

Irminsul

Then I'm not sure how you managed to beat anything without hitting ZR/R2. It's the button that makes you move when using the default controls.
Now I had to check and you're right. Seems I pressed right on the options screen once instead of hitting R to get to the next tab. Huh. Thanks for reminding me, because I definitely want to use the standard scheme, I think you actually need it for some things.

hydruxo

I haven't tried time trial mode yet but this is the perfect game to just do things at your own pace and I feel like time trial mode kind of undermines that. I'll try it out though.

What platform?

PS4 (Pro)
Here's a video. I seem to die "twice". Only way i can explain it. https://youtu.be/8pDIL54ua28

This is the 2nd time it happend so i managed to get a video.

All controls become unresponsive, except facial expressions on Dpad. There's no "retry from checkpoint" option unfortunately :(
To get the pause menu i have to force it as the options button doesnt work. Must use the ps button then go back into snakepass

Having really big problems with the controls. The button layout and responsiveness is alright, but I am struggling to get over the fact that all stick movement is relative to the camera. I'm constantly catching myself using it as if I was controlling from the snake's point of view (tank control style). :(

The rumble is terrible in this game on Switch. Hope they fix it in a patch. Makes a loud whining noise.... had to disable it in system settings to be able to enjoy the game.

fvDWLww.jpg

Loving the Switch version! Took me about 10 minutes to properly wrap my body around the controls but it's a must have game for sure.

Loving the Switch version! Took me about 10 minutes to properly wrap my body around the controls but it's a must have game for sure.

Is this some kind of thinly veiled snake pun?!?!

Still fighting the urge to buy the Switch version....I don't need anymore games right now. If I keep repeating that to myself I might not buy it right away.

Narroo

The Snake's name is Noodle? That's a bit lame, unless....
If there's a Final Boss segment where the Snake powers up into a 'Danger Noodle,' mode, then I'll be happy.

Is this some kind of thinly veiled snake pun?!?!

Still fighting the urge to buy the Switch version....I don't need anymore games right now. If I keep repeating that to myself I might not buy it right away.

Yes, yes it is :p

I urge you to get it when you have less on your plate, it's a brilliant platformer that goes back to the days of Banjo Kazooie.

Top Bottom