• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sneakers |OT| Hypebeasts We Know About Ya

thunder-grey-chuck-2-converse-allstar-chuck-taylors-ii-2016.png

Anyone else try the new Converse All Star Chuck Taylor II?

I just got these recently and they are absolutely incredible. I LOVE me some classic Chucks (they're all I wear) but these feel like the update the shoe has sorely needed for some time. Amazing support with strongly woven canvase material on the outside and far more padding on the inside. The insoles have been upgraded to the Nike Lunarlon. The lining is suede. It's like they figured out every way to improve upon the classic Chuck Taylor shoe.
I picked up a pair of grey lows during the Nike online clearance sales during the holiday shopping season, much much much more comfier than the OG Chucks.

Aesthetically I do miss the black (or red) accents on the midsole and toes, though...the pic above gives the midsole some texture and depth cuz of the of shadows but it has a much more minimalistic and clean look in-person.

If I don't get these Tricos tonight and tomorrow I will riot.

EDIT: Whites copped. Will grab blacks in the morning. Paid a little more that I wanted due to Euro to Pound conversion but eh....

I picked up a pair of grey lows during the Nike online clearance sales during the holiday shopping season, much much much more comfier than the OG Chucks.

Aesthetically I do miss the black (or red) accents on the midsole and toes, though...the pic above gives the midsole some texture and depth cuz of the of shadows but it has a much more minimalistic and clean look in-person.

Totally agree about the accents. Even my wife mentioned that when I was buying them.

Removing it kind of robs the shoe of some of that classic look. Thankfully, the shoe is still versatile as hell and looks great with just about anything.

Fjordson

Think I'm going to try to get the black tri color NMD's tomorrow. The white pair is too dope, I need another.

Edit: just copped early from Journeys. Now I can sleep in tomorrow.

Fjordson

Also just copped blacks. Just gotta hope my whites don't get cancelled.
The whites are so clean. Both of them are. I went from apathy before they came out, to copping just the whites, to now getting the blacks as well lol.

Ultra boosts are still second to none as far as comfort and Yeezy's get all the hype but I think my favourite adidas line all around are the PK NMD's. Hopefully the R2 delivers as much as the R1.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Anyone know if the Invader and Invader Strap fit the same? Decided to return my Olive green straps for the Onix grey strapless.

MoodyFog

Very good deals in the Mr Porter sale, including brands like common projects, lanvin, saint laurent, grenson, margiela etc..

lord

I know this thread is for collectors and things like that but i need to ask a question. What are the most comfy sneakers out there, sneaker experts? I have a pair of Adidas Terrazo ST on Black. I've had them for a few years and mostly use them to lounge around the house, I don't even need slippers, they're so comfy, not much to look at but I don't mind, the padding on the sides is amazing and your feet feel like they're on a cloud. I need to replace them, but are discontinued. What would be a good alternative?

I know this thread is for collectors and things like that but i need to ask a question. What are the most comfy sneakers out there, sneaker experts? I have a pair of Adidas Terrazo ST on Black. I've had them for a few years and mostly use them to lounge around the house, I don't even need slippers, they're so comfy, not much to look at but I don't mind, the padding on the sides is amazing and your feet feel like they're on a cloud. I need to replace them, but are discontinued. What would be a good alternative?

Adidas boost technology line. Pureboost, Ultraboost, NMD.

Adidas boost technology line. Pureboost, Ultraboost, NMD.

I would say Pureboosts as they're the most affordable and feature a full length Boost outsole.

Zekes!

I copped these while in Vegas over Christmas:

I saw them in Footlocker and had been admiring them during late summer (I love the colourway) so I had to do it. Especially 'cause I was walking through swarms of Jordans, NMDs and Yeezy's while I was there. Prior to that, the only sneakers I had brought with me were my new pair of Hypervenom 2's, which are damn good for walking around all day in. I had almost brought my Pureboost Raws but decided against it.

acohrs

Got my UB 3.0s in and been wearing them around. Really like them. The knit is much more comfortable and less tight than the 2.0.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Really liking these Black Toe 31s.

air-jordan-31-white-black-red-black-toe-1.jpg

Those do look nice, but a little to close to the Fine Prints (which I already have) for me to pull the trigger. I still have to pick up the 31 Space Jams. I really like the 31s...not as much as the 29s, but the 31s are nice.

Hero

Any particular tips, tricks, or products into keeping white sneakers clean? Got Superstars and want to keep them looking fresh for as long as possible.

Fjordson

Aw shit. I had no idea those Chinese new years were dropping today.

Though 300 pairs...? Doubt I would have gotten them anyway with those numbers.

Just got em today. Thanks to someone who had the wrong size these were never worn. I might not ever take them off... Haven't had adidas shoes with boost yet and I can immediately see why people say they are so comfortable.

I had to mess with my phone camera's manual settings so the photo wasn't blown out... That's how bright these are.

yFVQjTz.jpg

xHiryu

Just got em today. Thanks to someone who had the wrong size these were never worn. I might not ever take them off... Haven't had adidas shoes with boost yet and I can immediately see why people say they are so comfortable.

I had to mess with my phone camera's manual settings so the photo was blown out... That's how bright these are.

yFVQjTz.jpg

dope ass pickups fam. all red kicks are my guilty pleasure

aznpxdd

Picked up these Air Jordan 1 Retro Cyber Mondays! One of the issues I've always had with Jordan colorways is that while they look good, are not the easiest to pair with your wardrobe. These on the other hand, are easy, black/white sneakers!

I had to mess with my phone camera's manual settings so the photo wasn't blown out... That's how bright these are.

yFVQjTz.jpg

These are fire my man!

Zapages

Hey guys,

I am looking for sneakers that have nice heal support and are not flat on the bottom. I like there to be cushioning bumps...

Also most of the sneakers that I am find are flat on the bottom that will wear out really quickly with some use... :(

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Hey guys,

I am looking for sneakers that have nice heal support and are not flat on the bottom. I like there to be cushioning bumps...

Also most of the sneakers that I am find are flat on the bottom that will wear out really quickly with some use... :(

For your particular needs, you might want to go to Footlocker or some other retailer in person to try a few on. Atleast then you can get a feel for what brand/style works for your feet. I bought some Dr Scholl's inserts for some of my more uncomfortable kicks. But not sure if that will work for you.

Zekes!

Picked up these Air Jordan 1 Retro Cyber Mondays! One of the issues I've always had with Jordan colorways is that while they look good, are not the easiest to pair with your wardrobe. These on the other hand, are easy, black/white sneakers!

The Cyber Mondays are clean. I still want a pair of the Cyber Monday III's. I have the Black Ying Yangs, and people always comment on them even though they're still sitting on shelves. If I have the money soon, I might cop the White Ying Yangs too.

Yeah I might go pick up those Yin Yangs soon. On sale for 99.99 right now at my local mall. Waiting for those 3s to drop in price too. All of them. CM, Wool, and TBs lol

where can i get some of them nice flyknit/primeknit shoes?
Flyknit? Everywhere. Nike has it on almost all of their models at this point (Air Max 1s, LunarEpic, Roshe, Metcon, Racer, Free, Air Force 1, Presto, Kobe, KD, Magistas, Mercurials etc.). Air Max 90s are getting it next year, Theas too. Check NDC.

Primeknit? You're mainly going to be sticking to Ultra Boosts and NMDs. Superstars and Fluxs have primeknit too but aren't as common from what I've seen.

_______

These are fire.

TQ7K1L_0202-1.jpg

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
After getting stuck in Germany for a week my Yeezys finally arrived, was afraid they had got lost lol.

acohrs

Tried on the Adidas hardens in OG colourway. Ultra boosts and pure boosts have spoiled me, these shoes feel so heavy and uncomfortable in comparison.

Tried on some lunar charge too and they are very comfy but don't like the silhouette in person. Shame as they are nearly as comfy as ultra boosts but for less

Top Bottom