• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sneakers |OT| Hypebeasts We Know About Ya

leng jai

Got my Airmax 90s in to finish off my purchases for 2016. Crimson looks fine to me, especially at one third of the price of the pure whites.

5lDAsvT.jpg

Here's my Top 6 of '16.

5E6D06D6-16E3-45F7-8394-062AE5463D53_zps58vupnew.jpg

(in no particular order)
Y3 Pure Boost ZG Knit • Saint Laurent SL/01 Court Classic • Gucci Ace • Rick Owens DRKSHDW Ramones • ACRONYM x NikeLab Air Presto Mid • Nike Air Zoom Spiridon

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Here are my pick-ups from December...

15258995_988321551312028_598013563914682368_n.jpg

This sneaker pick-up was very special to me. I've been wanting a pair of DMP (Defining Moments Package) Air Jordan 11s since they first released in early 2006... I even tried camping out overnight to get a pair. This sneaker has been out of reach from my grasp for over 10 years, but finally in early Dec. I was able to complete my Air Jordan 11 collection by getting these. :D

15251661_543033122569596_3249284248531632128_n.jpg

More gold! These are so loud/shiny and just simply stunning. The Air Jordan 6 pinnacle in gold is just breathtaking... Everything from the sneaker itself, to the out of box experience... It just screams "WOW" !

15538198_160307797784401_6147695696481878016_n.jpg

That boost life. My brother scored a bunch of Yeezys and got me a pair too.

15803305_737548406401822_2014938242826108928_n.jpg

One of the HOTTEST sneakers of the year. This amazing collab between Nike and Acronym was just crazy with the attention to detail, the amount of different materials used and the overall comfort/feel. Love it!

15624659_1193595880716842_2387245172187463680_n.jpg

Final boost of the year from KITH X Adidas. The first mid Ultra Boost is just lovely. If you don't know about Ultra Boost sneakers, these are hands down the most comfortable sneakers you'll probably ever stick your feet into.

Only had two pickups this year, the Pumpkin Spice Grid SDs and the NMD Solars, but I am pretty damn happy with that. Definitely will be wanting more NMDs in 2017.

I feel like a dumbass for even asking that question now...

Just started back getting new Js again, excuse my ignorance.

Haha no worries. Rule #1 in sneaker culture. If the price is too good to be true, it's probably fake.

I would recommend starting with GOAT (android/iPhone app) or StockX as they're sort of like a middleman to authenticate sneakers for you. If you want true comfort of authenticity, there's your FlightClub, SoleSupramacy, etc to name a few. However, you're basically paying a premium for that trust.

TheTurboFD

Got a guy trying to scam me out of red yeezy V2s I sold him. Filed a paypal claim saying not as described because I sent him 2 different sizes. He's stating I sent him a size 9 and a size 10. That's impossible because all I wear is size 10 and in my profile pic on facebook I'm seen wearing them. It's impossible to wear a full size down in these. I hope paypal sides with me even though they always side with the buyer.

I really need a new pair of kicks but I'm only just starting to follow sneakers and get into em. What are some really good kicks that came out this month or November. I like the Christmas releases I've seen so far. I like the Alien Ripley shoes I can never buy now. I like a lot of Nikes.

Anyway, what are the most recommended shoes out right now that don't go above $125, Shoe-GAF?

Sch1sm

Got a guy trying to scam me out of red yeezy V2s I sold him. Filed a paypal claim saying not as described because I sent him 2 different sizes. He's stating I sent him a size 9 and a size 10. That's impossible because all I wear is size 10 and in my profile pic on facebook I'm seen wearing them. It's impossible to wear a full size down in these. I hope paypal sides with me even though they always side with the buyer.

Ah, jeez, that's rough. Hope you manage to win on this one.

---

Made a pickup on the Tubular Doom PK in navy 'cause a friend hit me with their discount. CDN$110+tax, I couldn't say no. Happy New Year to me, I guess.

thunder-grey-chuck-2-converse-allstar-chuck-taylors-ii-2016.png

Anyone else try the new Converse All Star Chuck Taylor II?

I just got these recently and they are absolutely incredible. I LOVE me some classic Chucks (they're all I wear) but these feel like the update the shoe has sorely needed for some time. Amazing support with strongly woven canvase material on the outside and far more padding on the inside. The insoles have been upgraded to the Nike Lunarlon. The lining is suede. It's like they figured out every way to improve upon the classic Chuck Taylor shoe.

Did you get them in this color? I'm looking for the Thunder Grey right now

Hero

I just got these recently and they are absolutely incredible. I LOVE me some classic Chucks (they're all I wear) but these feel like the update the shoe has sorely needed for some time. Amazing support with strongly woven canvase material on the outside and far more padding on the inside. The insoles have been upgraded to the Nike Lunarlon. The lining is suede. It's like they figured out every way to improve upon the classic Chuck Taylor shoe.

Having never owned Chucks before because I tried on my friend's pair years ago and not liking them but I bought a pair for 30 bucks a few months ago of the ASCT 2's and I like them, they're pretty comfy for a regular day at the office or going out. I tried wearing them for a day of NYCC which did not work out, but I guess that's okay!

Yeah saw your post on NT.

The only way I can see PayPal siding with you is if you have proof with pictures of all the tags and crap. And then the only thing I can see is that you have video proof of you putting those exact shoes in the box and shipping it out.

Also, since you said their shoe had some red mark on the bottom and you had pics of yours, that should be proof right there. But PayPal might be extremely stupid.

And who the hell orders a size 10 and tries to swap them out with a size 9.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
The Chuck IIs are amazing. The extra foam padding in the tongue and the lunarlon cushioning really made a huge difference in that model. I can't go back to wearing regular chucks anymore.

So, while looking for shoes I came across this look for a shoe I really like:

http://m.6pm.com/product/8877176

I can't seem to find other shoes like this. For instance, I know the D Rose has a shoe like this but I can't find it anywhere. What is the reflective oily rainbow look along the side of this shoe called? Thanks.

Spacebar

I got these for Christmas as well. I love these shoes. I went to converse.com and they have these on sale for 50$ and you can also use code LEGEND25 for 25% more. I ordered a pair of the maroon ones for like 37$.

So, while looking for shoes I came across this look for a shoe I really like:

http://m.6pm.com/product/8877176

I can't seem to find other shoes like this. For instance, I know the D Rose has a shoe like this but I can't find it anywhere. What is the reflective oily rainbow look along the side of this shoe called? Thanks.
Not sure it it's exactly the same as this but Adidas refer to it as 'Xeno'.

Hmm, not quite the same.

This is the shoe I was looking for. Nice Kicks says it's a D Rose 7 but I can't find this kind with the rainbow look anywhere.

I think I'm going to buy some adidas Tubular Invaders in red instead.
I was referring to the material with the pic. But anyway I found them, they're a D.Rose 7 Christmas PE (Player Exclusive).

Haven't been released.

Hmm, not quite the same.

This is the shoe I was looking for. Nice Kicks says it's a D Rose 7 but I can't find this kind with the rainbow look anywhere.

Those are the Christmas pairs, the color is all-white. I suspect it's just sold out.

Hmm, not quite the same.

I don't think it has released yet.

On that note, picked up the D Rose 7 SNS collab for my new basketball shoe. Can't wait for that to get in.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow

I had the Air Trainer 1 that was made entirely out of this shit, lol. Got a lot of complements on them but the shoe was honestly not comfortable and made weird noise when you walked, so I sold 'em (for a profit)

image.jpg

I missed out on a black trico restock again....ffs, had it carted too, on JD Sports.

Sites need to stop fucking around and at least give you time to check out if you cart.

Hitta93

Banned
Still on the hunt for Black Toes 1s.

$200 really isn't bad, but looking to pay as close to retail as possible. Don't want to settle on any other AJ1 CW or any other shoe until I cop these.

dmshaposv

They finally put a boost sole in eqt!!!

Eqt is an underated and awesome looking adidas silhouette. Now that it has boost as well, its a must cop!

wm-7.jpg

suplex

Space Jam and Shattered Backboard 31s can be had for about $116 on NDC with clearance code expiring today.

Missed out on my size on the Space Jams.

Top Bottom