• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic announced for 9/29, $80, 21 games, has Star Fox 2 [more units than NESC]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prophane33

I presume the JP one will be in Japanese, right?

Outside of Super Metroid, none of the games have an English option, to my knowledge. Though I assume stuff like SMW and Rockman X are fully playable if you don't understand Japanese, but I would be one of the last people to ask about something like that.

I own most of the SFC carts of the games in this already (and Fire Emblem on 3DS VC) but this is still a must have item for me.

Kadin

"GAME cancelled my preorder from yesterday. I have an in store pickup order with Smyths so hopefully they come through."

from another foru, so I guess it is for UK people, since he has a Smyth in store pick up
Well that sucks either way. I got my preorder in pretty quickly when it went up so I'm hoping mine doesn't get cancelled but if it does, it does.

Juraash

Play Asia seems like it might work out ok if they really get all 3 versions. They don't get traffic like Amazon or Target or w/e get and you won't get free shipping or anything. I'm resting most of my hopes of a US unit on them.

For whatever reason Amazon.de told me that I can't have it shipped to my address in Austria (central europe - not Australia), even though they even redirect amazon.at to amazon.de. So I had to use me forwarding service (logoix). Hope they won't cancel preorders that are routed there.

Well, at least I was able to place the order before they went out of stock.

Vooduu

Play Asia seems like it might work out ok if they really get all 3 versions. They don't get traffic like Amazon or Target or w/e get and you won't get free shipping or anything. I'm resting most of my hopes of a US unit on them.

Not with the other thread posting that link. 🙈

People waiting for preorders like:

anigif_enhanced-11735-1399440529-4.gif

giphy.gif

And when you realise they are sold out in less than a minute:

jack-bauer-cry-o.gif

I think in EU at least there's some law regarding e-waste that prevents Nintendo from including one.

In the US I think an adapter is included.

There isn't exactlly a law. It was under consideration for phones though and industry (with the exception of Apple) pledged to use a standard connector (MicroUSB and now USB Type-C) as to avoid an actual regulation being put in place. Still all phones come with a charger in the box.

However the NES Mini as far as I remember also came without a power supply in the box in the EU.

So Nintendo aren't required to keep it out but I guess they're happy to do so.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Biggest Missing Games:

Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy II
Mega Man X2 and X3
DKC 2 and 3
Breath of Fire 1 and 2
Legend of Mystical Ninja
Killer Instinct
Mortal Kombat 1 - 3

what else?

Isn't MK2 censored?

If anyone absolutely wanted a SNES Mortal Kombat included, I would think Ultimate MK3 would be the optimal choice.

Vibed

I haven't played 12 of the 21 games, which I think makes it especially worth it for me. :)

NESC had quite a few games I hadn't played, but most were not quite worth playing, too arcadey or simplisitic. Though I wish I had one for collector's reasons.

JayBabay

If your TV has a USB port you'll be able to just use that, no adapter needed (I think).

Great, did the NES Classic work like that as well?

Maybe my TV doesn't have that option because while I have USB ports, I don't see a USB input on my sources list on the TV like where you see HDMI, Component etc..

maxcriden

There isn't exactlly a law. It was under consideration for phones though and industry (with the exception of Apple) pledged to use a standard connector (MicroUSB and now USB Type-C) as to avoid an actual regulation being put in place. Still all phones come with a charger in the box.

However the NES Mini as far as I remember also came without a power supply in the box in the EU.

So Nintendo aren't required to keep it out but I guess they're happy to do so.

Gotcha, that is very interesting to know. Thank you.

Maybe my TV doesn't have that option because while I have USB ports, I don't see a USB input on my sources list on the TV like where you see HDMI, Component etc..

It didn't use the USB port to transmit the video - that still went through HDMI. But most TV's USB ports supply enough power to run a NES mini (after all it's an ARM SoC in there that's being used in phones as well).

StayDead

Well fuck, the Super Famicon Mini has Panel de Pon. I need it.

I've got a UK preorder for me and one for a friend (he wasn't around) so I'll cancel one of those (once I've already got a SFC one) and order a Super Famicom one hopefully!

El Odio

Banned
Good to see I didn't miss much while I slept. I guess I'm ready for another day of increasing madness as each hour gets closer.

Kadin

Good to see I didn't miss much while I slept. I guess I'm ready for another day of increasing madness as each hour gets closer.
Yup. I had some anxiety when I woke up but luckily all seems the same from before I went to bed. Here we go again.

Turtles in Time is fun. But the game is like 1 hour long. lol

Tetris Attack is sorely missed. I'd swap out SGnG for it, since that game, while nostalgic, isn't really fun at all? It's like extreme frustration: The Game. It makes all of Dark Souls look like baby shit. Not really any puzzle games represented, which is weird. Mortal Kombat 2 would be a necessary inclusion to me, but it's too violent for such a collection, so I get it.

Breath of Fire 2 would be a good inclusion, but there are already some RPGs there, the genre is well represented with 4 of the best ever. The sports genre is really lacking, NBA Jam or NHL 95 are worth the effort to get licensing down, don't get why they don't bother. Or how about Ken Griffey? You know, the best Baseball game on SNES with only one licensed athlete? Sports always suffers in these collections, and it sucks because I have some great memories of multiplayer sports games on SNES.

Have been busy at work all day and haven't gotten a chance to check my phone. Glad to see I haven't missed US preorders yet. Hope I don't miss them this afternoon.

You wouldn't change the source to USB for charging purposes, it would provide power regardless. Your TV input would need to be set to HDMI to get the picture

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
Got my pre-order through Amazon.de... Hope it doesn't stay at €99 :(

Super happy right now :)

cordy

Banned
For fun, call your Gamestop and see what excuses they give you. Just called mine and the guy said he asked corporate about it and they told him that they were desperately trying to be able to take preorders but right now they don't know.

Kadin

For fun, call your Gamestop and see what excuses they give you. Just called mine and the guy said he asked corporate about it and they told him that they were desperately trying to be able to take preorders but right now they don't know.
Seems like a legitimate answer to me actually. With the way NoA is with the lack of providing any info, I wouldn't be surprised if they're still in the dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom