• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic announced for 9/29, $80, 21 games, has Star Fox 2 [more units than NESC]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

We better get the superior SNES again

snes+eu.jpg
If only this could release in the US.

That's a killer lineup of games, but putting an unreleased game in there is some dirty, dirty business. They need a better supply, or they'll have deaths on their hands.

It took me to months to get an nes mini... I will do anything to get this. Holy shit those games! NES mini had a good collection, but this one? It's like every great game of my childhood!

(Edit) no Chrono Trigger? Ow... Well almost then!

ngower

Definitely gonna try to get one but if it's anything like the NES Classic, ESPECIALLY now that they know there's a demand and cna plan for it, I'm not playing that game.

Anteater

That's a really good list of games, most of them are actually games I've played a lot, only ones missing are chrono trigger, pilotwings and bomberman

br3wnor

Now I gotta camp this thread all day looking for a pre-order

Lol I was thinking the same thing. The scalping on this thing is going to be unreal, make NES Classic look like a walk in the park.

I understand Nintendo enjoyed the good press they got at how 'hot' the NES was but they could sell millions upon millions of these things if they would just manufacture enough.

oo7

Go ahead and open up preorders. Give enough time to actually be able to meet demand this go around. Unique shipping address. Unique payment required. Fuck the scalpers!

Gator86

Everything about this is great except for how Nintendo will obviously fuck up the release. I wish they were good at this.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Why the hell is nobody commenting on the port the controller uses.

It aint wii u is it an og port ? Does it work on og snes ?

List of games isnt as varied as NES Classic, but I can scan it for just one second and think that this thing is a must have. I'd buy it for Yoshi's Island alone, or Mario RPG alone, or Super Mario Kart alone...you get the picture.

Could someone elaborate about Prototype Vs finished Star Fox 2? Has anyone played finished Star Fox 2 other than Argonaut/Nintendo?

Pandacon

A lot of great games on that list, makes me realize how many great games the SNES had, since the list is missing also missing a lot of great games, such as Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 2(4).

Neoweee

This is a very good list of games, and quite comprehensive. Is the controller cable longer than the NES classic's?

If so, I'll grab it.

Davey Cakes

The lack of Chrono Trigger, Mega Man X/X2, and Donkey Kong Country 2 definitely hurt the desire to want this. Mario All-Stars would have been a decent inclusion as well
Chrono Trigger and DKC2 are the only choice titles I think are "missing" but at least Nintendo is mostly holding to variety. You can't have too many RPGs and if you have to choose a DK game, it should be one where you play as DK. As much as the sequel is the superior game, I feel that DKC1 is more iconic.

FFIII is good for a traditional RPG and Secret of Mana makes sense for an action RPG. Earthbound and Mario RPG are good picks for quirky RPGs. Unless you make the argument for having more games on the system for the same price, you have to admit that genre diversity is important and having one more JRPG may have been too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom