• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Afrocious

Sweet! Are you from US I'm assuming?

I grew up in Asia, but my father was in a business trip in Europe once and brought an EU SNES home. So that's the one I grew up with.

Edit: man I'll be all over that Game be Mini. It would be funny to see how small it might be.

Yup! I live in the US. I have a EU SNES Classic pre-ordered that I am willing to trade for a NA version.

liquidtmd

Banned
And yet the most fair thing to do really.

Yep but they could do with a good line / ticket system otherwise...

1.jpg

Afrocious

And you're part of the reason it's so hard for a lot of people in this thread to get one just for themselves, let alone multiple.

Glad you acknowledge the problem at least.

I can be seen as an asshole POS, but I'm not THAT oblivious lol. I've made sure to rag on folks who turn a blind eye to the problem.

I didn't get a SNES classic preordered. Hey, it is what it is. I'm not stressing myself for it.

On the other hand

When the Gamecube classic launches....

I NEED THAT! Especially if it has Gale of Darkness or Baiten Kaitos or many many other games that was released on it. I will stay up days for a pre order and beg for help on Gaf for preorder help. Gamecube is probably my favorite Nintendo home console.

I grew up on NES and SNES and love those systems to no ends but I could get those games in VC except Star fox 2.

Gamecube Classic better have a drive cover that pops open and a little fake disc inside.

Moofers

Don't get carried away with the Toys R Us situation, folks. There's going to be like 20-30 people lined up at each store at most on launch day. No Hunger Games or PUBG spectacles, just the rare case of somebody leaving in a huff because they were number 23 in line and the store only had 22 systems.

Toki767

Don't get carried away with the Toys R Us situation, folks. There's going to be like 20-30 people lined up at each store at most on launch day. No Hunger Games or PUBG spectacles, just the rare case of somebody leaving in a huff because they were number 23 in line and the store only had 22 systems.

Every time TRU had exclusive amiibo in my area, it'd be closer to 50-100 people rather than 20-30.

Minions

Gamecube Classic better have a drive cover that pops open and a little fake disc inside.

If they do a GCC I think they will have to sell usb sticks with it for storage of like 6 games per usb stick or something. At a certain point these things start costing too much due to storage sizes blowing up. N64 is really the last console before storage goes up by a huge amount.

Afrocious

If they do a GCC I think they will have to sell usb sticks with it for storage of like 6 games per usb stick or something. At a certain point these things start costing too much due to storage sizes blowing up. N64 is really the last console before storage goes up by a huge amount.

Even for GBA games?

SpecX

They have the 8bitDo controllers but from what I've heard with the NES Classic, you can run into disconnect issues.

Better off getting extension cables.

Thanks

I didn't get a SNES classic preordered. Hey, it is what it is. I'm not stressing myself for it.

On the other hand

When the Gamecube classic launches....

I NEED THAT! Especially if it has Gale of Darkness or Baiten Kaitos or many many other games that was released on it. I will stay up days for a pre order and beg for help on Gaf for preorder help. Gamecube is probably my favorite Nintendo home console.

I grew up on NES and SNES and love those systems to no ends but I could get those games in VC except Star fox 2.

I'm curious if they plan to go up to the Gamecube. I feel they may stop with the N64 or a consolidated Gameboy release since games by the Cube era were reaching 1+ gig levels.

How much space would they need for like 20 Gamecube games?

Storage gets exponentially(?) cheaper with time. Two more years before GC mini. And maybe they'll include a hard drive instead of memory chips? A 50GB HDD would cost nothing. But yeah even 32GB of low-tier memory shouldn't cost much in late 2019.

32GB would nail it

I dont think storage would be a problem then. 20 would probably be what it would have.

Metroid Prime 1 & 2

Super Mario Sunshine

Luigi's Mansion

Mario Kart Double Dash

Wave Race Blue Storm

Super Monkey Ball 2

Animal Crossing

Paper Mario 1000 Year Door

Star Fox Assault

F-Zero GX

Pikmin

Zelda Windwaker

Super Smash Bros Melee

Mario Power Tennis

I am not sure how many 3rd Party Titles will make the cut. As the SNES Classic doesnt really have that many. I could see Killer 7 and Resident Evil. The Gamecube has enough titles to fill out a solid 20 but depends on how many Capcom and other 3rd Party will give

Sigma722

I just realized I will be out of the country when this sucker released, and I got in on a gamestop in-store preorder yesterday. What are the odds they hold my pre-order through the end of the day Oct 1?

ZeroCDR

I just realized I will be out of the country when this sucker released, and I got in on a gamestop in-store preorder yesterday. What are the odds they hold my pre-order through the end of the day Oct 1?

48 hours, but depending on the manager they might make an exception. Talk to them and let them know you'll be away.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson

arrange a friend picking it up or maybe arrange with the Gamestop, manager can hold for you if you explain, but I'd rather have a friend grab it to ensure it's secured.

Weevilone

I thought I had 3 Paypal charges from GameStop, but I have 3x "Order Placed" and 1x "Authorization".

I only got 1 e-mail confirmation though, so it seems backward.

They have the 8bitDo controllers but from what I've heard with the NES Classic, you can run into disconnect issues.

Better off getting extension cables.

Haven't had any disconnect issues with the 2 that I got about 2 months ago. Updated the firmware on the controllers and the NES classic dongles and they both work without a hitch.

Haven't had any disconnect issues with the 2 that I got about 2 months ago. Updated the firmware on the controllers and the NES classic dongles and they both work without a hitch.

That's good to hear then because I wouldn't mind getting a couple for my NES and SNES Classics.

Is it this one?

http://www.8bitdo.com/retro-receiver-nes-classic/

I assume the receiver would work with the SNES Classic as well and I would just need to SNES controller from
8bitdo.

BiggNife

Quick q: was the ac adapter micro usb/USB c or some proprietary thing? Because I'm assuming the adapter that will come with my EU Snes won't work on a US plug.

The only way I would go to TRU on 9/29 is if I had my concealed carry permit.

I don't, so I'm going to stay away. Good luck to the people who do.

Quick q: was the ac adapter micro usb/USB c or some proprietary thing? Because I'm assuming the adapter that will come with my EU Snes won't work on a US plug.

Does your TV have a USB slot? If so just plug it in there.

Micro USB plugs into console and standard sizes USB on other end goes into TV or any adapter really.

Morts

Not a chance. Nintendo is approaching these like toys, not platforms. As soon as they start selling add on games it's a platform to support.

If anything they'll push off the GC Classic by doing GB and GBA.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wait--they're going Micro-USB again? Won't this leave it open yet again for hacking? I'm kind of surprised they're going that route.

Wait--they're going Micro-USB again? Won't this leave it open yet again for hacking? I'm kind of surprised they're going that route.

Not necessarily I think. They could possibly disable or not include the pins/circuitry required for data transfer and make the MicroUSB port only provide power.

But my guess is they won't even do that. Nintendo doesn't seem to care much if these get hacked, they're not like normal consoles where they want you to keep buying games for the entire generation.

Jetku

The only way I would go to TRU on 9/29 is if I had my concealed carry permit.

I don't, so I'm going to stay away. Good luck to the people who do.

That's a bit excessive. Toys R Us is usually very organized for launches. They typically have employees there early, known quantities, and hand out tickets. Depending on supply and demand, not sure if overnight camping will be required or not.

For NES Classic I got to Walmart at 11:30pm for a midnight launch. I was 5th in line for 6 consoles. The hype is well known for SNES mini, so I'd assume 30 minutes won't cut it anymore.

MrMephistoX

Not necessarily I think. They could possibly disable or not include the pins/circuitry required for data transfer and make the MicroUSB port only provide power.

But my guess is they won't even do that. Nintendo doesn't seem to care much if these get hacked, they're not like normal consoles where they want you to keep buying games for the entire generation.

That's why it's worth buying a Japanese famicom mini ;) No one is ever going to re-release TMNT or the Crazy Data East Batman so...

Top Bottom