• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

C.Mongler

I want one at launch and my friend offered me his extra for 120, should i brave the lines that morning or take him up on it?

A "friend" who charges you 150% on the MSRP of his extra doesn't really sound like a friend to me. I'd stand in line just for the principal of the thing. A friend of mine snagged a pre-order for me when I was busy and one of the Walmart batches went up, and he's charging me exactly what he paid for it. You know, like an actual decent friend would do.

muteki

Guess I am watching amazon.jp, amiami and play asia. I'd rather have a JP superfami instead of the EU one, if I were to pick one other than the NA version. I was wondering when/if they were going to pop up.

I doubt it. The ROMs will be Japanese version most likely, so Japanese text and menus in-game. Not sure if the system UI can be changed to English... Anyone can chime in how it was with the Famicom Mini?

It would depend from game to game. Super Metroid has an English option on the JP ROM for example (I believe they JP and NA roms are identical as a matter of fact, since the NA version has a JP text option).

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
amazon.co.jp does international shipping via DHL. It's crazy fast but make sure to have DHL signature on file if you want them to just leave it at the door.

I would imagine amazon.jp orders would be a safe bet. They started shipping videogames internationally a while ago.

Amazon.co.jp. It's not listed yet but that's where I bought the Famicom Classic at launch last year. Just so you know, you have to make a new Amazon account for the JP site.

giphy.gif

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I would like to attempt to get one of these. How would a simple gaijin go about this?
Amazon.co.jp. It's not listed yet but that's where I bought the Famicom Classic at launch last year. Just so you know, you have to make a new Amazon account for the JP site.

All I got was a $5 credit when I contacted them through chat after my order was cancelled :( I'm assuming you contacted them earlier to get a call back now? What did you say to them?

Edit: I wonder if they did try to call today. What area code did they call from?
So as someone else said, it was a Seattle number. As for the call, it came out of nowhere. I called them after they initially cancelled my order and they also gave me a credit ($10). I even ended up using it. I figured that was going to be the end of the whole deal because I hadn't tried contacting them since. I almost didn't even pickup because I was in class at the time, but they called twice so clearly it wasn't a spam call. I'd say just give them some time to contact you.

Managed to transfer my Amazon preorder to my friend with little issue while I'm keeping my Best Buy order.

Fingers crossed no issues creep up but for now, both orders are holding.

taizuke

I had my order cancelled by Amazon because I live in Hawaii. Just got a call from Amazon. Guy on the phone told me that my order was indeed not supposed to be cancelled. They still can't do anything about my old order, but they did set me up with a new order on their next shipment, I guess. It's a placeholder item with zero indication that it would be a SNES Classic. Dude added it to my cart and then had me confirm the order. I asked if he knew when it would ship and he said he had no idea.

So there's that. This basically confirms that it wasn't an issue of the item being "dangerous goods" and that they probably oversold.

Same thing happened to me just now and I'm from Puerto Rico.

bumpkin

Interesting to hear that Amazon Japan offers international shipping now. I had been just sending them to my Tenso mailbox and getting stuff over here that way.

Although, you have to wonder if they'll make an exception to the int'l shipping on these. Especially given the fiascos with the other territory's preorders.

Minions

The issues I've seen seem to be related to amazon thinking/listing these as having lithium batteries in them and thus "cant ship by air". This isn't the case as these don't have batteries.... but that seems to be the reason some orders may have been canceled. I had a similar issue where Amazon thought that the PSONE screen had lithium batteries in it and they slapped lithium warnings all over the box.... (it doesn't have any lithium batteries)

this aint good. My debit card was compromised and they are sending me a new one. My current card closes on the 21st. Walmart doesnt seem to have a way to change the payment method at all, and best buy says it cant be changed because they are working on the order. Might be fucked on those two.

Edit: contacted walmart and they said the order will get cancelled no doubt. How in 2017 do you not have a way to change a payment method on a preorder. What in the fuck.

Edit2: best buy said that when the payment fails before they ship, they should email me and give me a chance to add my new card to the order.

This fucking sucks..

Jigolo

Does anybody want my Amazon pre-order? I'll switch the address to yours just for $90 paypal FF should cover taxes wherever you live. I have prime but I did get an e-mail that my shipment would be delayed. The thing is I want to use this ToysRUs gift card before the stores go under so I'll try my best to getting the SNES in the store instead. If you're interested PM me

US based

BorntoPlay

Does anybody want my Amazon pre-order? I'll switch the address to yours just for $90 paypal FF should cover taxes wherever you live. I have prime but I did get an e-mail that my shipment would be delayed. The thing is I want to use this ToysRUs gift card before the stores go under so I'll try my best to getting the SNES in the store instead. If you're interested PM me

US based

PMed!!!

The issues I've seen seem to be related to amazon thinking/listing these as having lithium batteries in them and thus "cant ship by air". This isn't the case as these don't have batteries.... but that seems to be the reason some orders may have been canceled. I had a similar issue where Amazon thought that the PSONE screen had lithium batteries in it and they slapped lithium warnings all over the box.... (it doesn't have any lithium batteries)
But Amazon ships stuff with lithium batteries all the time. I got a Switch shipped across the globe from Amazon.com a few weeks ago.

inner-G

Banned

US based
FYI, changing your payment/shipping info can screw up Amazon preorders sometimes if I recall correctly

Denali

That's bull crap, man. Sorry to hear. This is why I smh when people say we create inventory issues ourselves by ordering multiple units. Yeah -- because if we don't, we're likely to not get one at all, because it seems none of the retailers can actually do what they exist to do -- sell products -- without high risk of shitting the bed.

Speaking of Target, they put what I believe is the third authorization hold on my card this morning for the SNES I preordered. They reeeeally want to make sure I can pay for this thing. Maybe there is an issue with your card and their attempt to place a new auth hold triggered this "technical issue"? I'd call 'em up and ask for more details ASAP in case there is anything they can do.

I've seen that Target charge reach "Pending" on my Discover card, drop off, and come back a few days later many times now. Kept thinking I was getting charged over and over, but it seems it never makes it that far.

I am thinking on cancelling my Think Geek pre order as I think I would be able to find this at MSRP and the fact its going to be sold into 2018 gives me hope.

Kadin

I am thinking on cancelling my Think Geek pre order as I think I would be able to find this at MSRP and the fact its going to be sold into 2018 gives me hope.
Yeah I might be giving my Best Buy order to a friend as money is really, really tight right now. Thought about just buying it and then selling it off but I just can't do that, I'd rather he get it at retail cost.

bumpkin

I didn't have any trouble getting the Famicom Mini from Amazon Japan, so hopefully the Super Fami will be as painless.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Are pre-orders for all of Japan going up the 16th?

What sites, besides Amazon and Play Asia deliver internationally?

Spacebar

Thinking I might just cancel my GameStop bundle order. Already got Amazon and Wal-Mart pre order locked. GS bundle was during the pre order day and my friend was going to buy it off me. Now he has his own pre order.

I need some help. Which UK retailers opened up preorders first? I remember Amazon doing so, but who else? I preordered a SNES from one of them but can't remember which. :)

I tried! I found my amazon one, but can't for the life of me find any record of any other preorder, though I know I snagged a second one for a GAF member.
Search your GAF history? :p

If you know you posted about it on GAF you should be able to find it using Google. I sometimes do that to find posts of mine.

On Google search enter: site:neogaf.com outunderthestars SNES Classic [any non-common words you may have used in the post]

Limiting the search to a date range could help too. Google is your friend!

I see that you have double the number of posts per day than me, so might be trickier :)

Thinking I might just cancel my GameStop bundle order. Already got Amazon and Wal-Mart pre order locked. GS bundle was during the pre order day and my friend was going to buy it off me. Now he has his own pre order.

I'm sure you could find someone that would want the pre-order from you. Friends, family, co-workers?

So I randomly just received a new debit card from my bank and now I have to change the credit card used with my Walmart preorder for the SNES classic.

I'm looking at my order and don't see a way to do this. Can I call Walmart and they'll change it? Anybody have any experience with changing CC for a preorder at walmart?

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
The one with the AC adapter sold out while I was trying to checkout, but I was able to grab one that didn't have the AC adapter :D

Super Famicom Mini pre-order available on Amazon Japan. It comes with an AC Adapter as well as 18 postcards. Will post another link if they choose to offer the system separately, but best to pre-order this if you can in-case they don't.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B075MK6THX/

Edit:

Never mind, here's the version without the AC Adapter:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B075MJZTDQ/

Edit: BOTH SOLD OUT!

this one is up
https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B075MK6THW/

Top Bottom