• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Game Collecting (Tips, discussion, and info for like minded collectors)

Yasawas

Cheap goodies that made me happy today and two steps closer to rebuilding the collection of my childhood with their SFC equivalents (I live in PALland and wasn't going to buy those now I know better). NHLPA '93 was the game that stole my heart at the time but this is the only one the Japanese got so it'll have to do. I still need Jimmy Connor's Tennis but I only buy boxed and it's kinda hard to come by.

l24uzJA.jpg

Mercutio

Cheap goodies that made me happy today and two steps closer to rebuilding the collection of my childhood with their SFC equivalents (I live in PALland and wasn't going to buy those now I know better). NHLPA '93 was the game that stole my heart at the time but this is the only one the Japanese got so it'll have to do. I still need Jimmy Connor's Tennis but I only buy boxed and it's kinda hard to come by.

I would love to see Japan Domestic Market sales figures for those two games.

Ric Flair

Banned
Just started collecting this week. (started collecting N64 games too, DAMN YOU SISTER FOR GIVING IT ALL AWAY!!!) Holy hell are some of these games expensive now. The day I find Chrono Trigger reasonably priced is the day I die and go to heaven. Thinking about picking up one of those Snes rom-loading cartridges so I can play rom hacked versions of Dragon Quest. Not sure if that's legal or not, considering it's the only way I know of to play an english version of those games.

Fellas, I'm looking to trade all my duplicates for what you've got.

I've posted everything and what I'm looking for in the Buy Sell Trade thread. Check it out, won't you?

Thanks!

Weegee

Hey everyone! I just recently got into collecting NES and SNES games. I had to start over with NES (family sold all our games a long time ago), but I still have all of my SNES games. Here are the games that I owned growing up:

I've spent probably too much money this past month buying nes and super nes games, but it's been fun finding games that I missed out on as a kid. I also bought a security bit set and have been cleaning my games. Cleaning the games has actually been enjoyable but time consuming. I'll post some more pictures of the games I have bought recently later today.

My friend looked into his collection and found these 2 PAL famicom games that are complete and in mint condition. Hagane and Super Castlevania 4. I just want to know how much are they worth now? He bought these games in 2009 for about $10 each.

fpAGIRW.jpg

ebHwtRa.jpg

dIKD1Ua.jpg

vZWt7yy.jpg

Idk if hagane was a normal retail release in the UK. Its very expensive for na because it was blockbuster only. $200+ for cart only. (One of my luckiest finds for $7, thus my name)

The Japanese version still goes for $80-100.

Just do a search of eBay in the UK or us eBay for completed listings.

Hey everyone! I just recently got into collecting NES and SNES games. I had to start over with NES (family sold all our games a long time ago), but I still have all of my SNES games. Here are the games that I owned growing up:

I've spent probably too much money this past month buying nes and super nes games, but it's been fun finding games that I missed out on as a kid. I also bought a security bit set and have been cleaning my games. Cleaning the games has actually been enjoyable but time consuming. I'll post some more pictures of the games I have bought recently later today.

Great collection!

Except, what the heck is Speedy Gonzalez doing in there??

Haha.. that's alright. I had a similar collection of classics, but for some bizarre reason or another, felt I needed this when I saw it in Phar-Mor. I'm not sure what came over me, but I bought it based on box alone.

snes-super-aquatic-games-front.jpg

Anyone ever use the Ascii Fighting Pad?
ascii%20fighter%20pad.jpg

At first the small d-pad tripped me out, on visual inspection. But it isn't too bad. The controller feels pretty comfortable if I'm not trying to use the shoulder buttons. If I am, those feel waaaaaaay too small. I know the picture above doesn't show them, but they are seriously tiny. Otherwise, pretty decent controller. I'm thinking about a Hori Commander though.

$(KGrHqRHJCIFH86l+kJPBSG!2OugtQ~~60_35.JPG

Looks pretty awesome.

Weegee

Great collection!

Except, what the heck is Speedy Gonzalez doing in there??

Haha.. that's alright. I had a similar collection of classics, but for some bizarre reason or another, felt I needed this when I saw it in Phar-Mor. I'm not sure what came over me, but I bought it based on box alone.

snes-super-aquatic-games-front.jpg

I remember why I have that lol! When I was young, Toys R US was having a sale on SNES games because the system was getting old and they were wanting to get rid of what they had. My grandmother offered to get me some games since she knew I still played mine. I gave her a list of some games I wanted because I didn't go with her (don't remember why). She came back with two of the games I wanted (Mega Man X and Street Fighter II), but she also grabbed Speedy Gonzalez. You take what you get some times.

Ban Puncher

I have the PC Engine Version of the Hori Fighting Commander pretty much a must if you have SF2CE, or any of the Arcade Card CD games. Hori also made one for Mega Drive.

I need to get a Hori Commander for the Master System because the standard MS d-pad is the worst.

Cleaning the games has actually been enjoyable but time consuming. I'll post some more pictures of the games I have bought recently later today.

Initially felt this way, the feeling was almost cathartic. But after 200+ games it's grown old. Plus some of them were truly disgusting, like soda had been spilled into the seam. Haven't found any cockroaches at least.

...way easier then opening up NES games though. Ugh.

Weegee

Initially felt this way, the feeling was almost cathartic. But after 200+ games it's grown old. Plus some of them were truly disgusting, like soda had been spilled into the seam. Haven't found any cockroaches at least.

...way easier then opening up NES games though. Ugh.

I think I just did too many at once lol. NES games have too many grooves on the front! I went to a used game shop today and one the games I found had so much dust and dirt in it. You would think they would at least run a dry Qtip once around the connector. I don't blame them for not going to great detail. To be fair the dude did do that when I was ringing up a different game (I put that nasty one back on the shelf). But I just was amazed at how dirty the game was.

cafemomo

I found my SNES (with FFIII) while digging in storage
FFIII is in good shape. And it still works when I tested it on the supaboy but, I think there is something wrong with the SNES. I plug in everything and there's nothing on the tv and the SNES is showing a red light. Tried like 5 tvs and nada so it's prolly not the input that's the problem

Is my SNES ded? :(

I found my SNES (with FFIII) while digging in storage
FFIII is in good shape. And it still works when I tested it on the supaboy but, I think there is something wrong with the SNES. I plug in everything and there's nothing on the tv and the SNES is showing a red light. Tried like 5 tvs and nada so it's prolly not the input that's the problem

Is my SNES ded? :(

Can you tell us a little more about the setup? What cables do you have it setup with? Do you possibly have other cables to test?

Rich!

Hey guys,

I know cross-posting and promotion is frowned upon, but I thought someone would appreciate knowing. I'm selling a super everdrive with a DSP chip installed (for mario kart/pilotwings) in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread.

Tamanator

My friend looked into his collection and found these 2 PAL famicom games that are complete and in mint condition. Hagane and Super Castlevania 4. I just want to know how much are they worth now? He bought these games in 2009 for about $10 each.

fpAGIRW.jpg

ebHwtRa.jpg

dIKD1Ua.jpg

vZWt7yy.jpg

Hagane is pretty rare, will be worth a bit since its in mint condition. Hagane can go for at least $100 cart only (PAL) I believe. Castlevania is a lot more common, probably at least $75 complete.

God I would love to make a fine like that and own both games.

Teknoman

Hey guys,

I know cross-posting and promotion is frowned upon, but I thought someone would appreciate knowing. I'm selling a super everdrive with a DSP chip installed (for mario kart/pilotwings) in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread.

I dont have a problem with it personally. Hell I wish more people would, so others wouldnt miss out on some good deals from respectable people.

Weegee

Just started collecting this week. (started collecting N64 games too, DAMN YOU SISTER FOR GIVING IT ALL AWAY!!!) Holy hell are some of these games expensive now. The day I find Chrono Trigger reasonably priced is the day I die and go to heaven. Thinking about picking up one of those Snes rom-loading cartridges so I can play rom hacked versions of Dragon Quest. Not sure if that's legal or not, considering it's the only way I know of to play an english version of those games.

I also just started collecting video games 3 weeks ago.I actually got lucky and bought Chrono Trigger, Super Metriod, and about 20 other snes games from a friend for 60 bucks all together about two weeks ago. I hope it's not the only time I get lucky finding games, but it could be.I wish you luck in your search for awesome games.

I'd love to hear your impressions on the Fighting Commander once you have your hands on it.
Will be happy to do so. I would like to find a 3DZero adapter and turn it into my 3DO controller too (lol)

He also offered me a Hori N64 minipad for 60. I already have one but 60 is real fair and I have a feeling they'll keep rising.

Teknoman

Got back FFIV and Romancing SaGa 3 translated and ready to go. RS3's translation seems to be pretty...literal for lack of a better word? It still works nicely though, and i'm glad to be able to actually understand whats going on / the menus.

j9BWIMhGGmrUg.jpg

Game is so awesome, I have to decide between jumping into that or Dragon Force after beating Dragon Slayer: Legend of Heroes.

Velinos

Got back FFIV and Romancing SaGa 3 translated and ready to go. RS3's translation seems to be pretty...literal for lack of a better word? It still works nicely though, and i'm glad to be able to actually understand whats going on / the menus.

Game is so awesome, I have to decide between jumping into that or Dragon Force after beating Dragon Slayer: Legend of Heroes.

I really liked RS3 when I played through it about 10 years ago. Still hoping that someone will finish the translations for RS1 and 2.

That's exactly what I did, too. It was weird doing that to my SNES that I've had for over 20 years, but...at least it's not something you'll ever really see, and I can now play Super Famicom games, too.

All I have at the moment is the first Sailor Moon beat 'em up, though...which is just okay. The Mega Drive one, which I also have, is way better.

I kept meaning to buy a few more games, like Mario & Wario, but I haven't gotten around to it yet...

Now it's time for me to get a lot of Super Famicom games(this pic shows one of my bros games BTW).

Huzzah! Great job!

Hey, I don't mean to be a bother, but I've been looking to trade my duplicates.
I have a bunch of Super Famicom games, all originals, from my time in Japan.

Perhaps you've seen my post in the BST thread. Check it out if you'd like.

Using pliers, you simply twist and turn multiple times after getting a grip on them until they come off completely. Works perfectly.

And then you can get obsessive like I did and try to shave down the remaining plastic with a metal file like I did until you're utterly convinced that the carts will fit and work... And they did... the extra work was just unnecessary.

Het_Nkik

My SNES collection! It's not huge or anything but I got a few rare games in there.

Currently working on trying to get Final Fantasy II and V but I can't think of much else I want at the moment. Gonna have to look through this thread for inspiration. Or if there are any really good games I'm missing, please feel free to recommend them! Oh, ActRaiser. I want that one as well.

My SNES collection! It's not huge or anything but I got a few rare games in there.

Currently working on trying to get Final Fantasy II and V but I can't think of much else I want at the moment. Gonna have to look through this thread for inspiration. Or if there are any really good games I'm missing, please feel free to recommend them! Oh, ActRaiser. I want that one as well.

I'm fairly jelly. Think it's just too late for me to go after CIBs for snes since they are just so expensive and I already own just the carts of a lot of the expensive games.

Het_Nkik

I'm fairly jelly. Think it's just too late for me to go after CIBs for snes since they are just so expensive and I already own just the carts of a lot of the expensive games.

It was probably... about 4 or 5 years ago that I sold off all my loose carts while simultaneously replacing them with CIB copies. But I'm glad I did the bulk of my buying then, because even compared to four years ago, prices seem to have gone up a lot.. That's why my purchases have slowed down so much lately. I only do a few SNES purchases a year now since most the games I want seem to go for north of $100, which is just crazy.

Super Famicom prices are really cheap for the most part, though, especially if you buy off Yahoo Auctions Japan. Except for Umihara Kawase, which is like $80 even on Yahoo Auctions. I blame GameCenter CX for making it popular :p

Sure beats doing this:

TiwgJ3u.jpg

Ouch. I just dremel'd off the tabs on a Game Genie and use it as a pass through cart.

Top Bottom