• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sniper Elite 4 Story Trailer / Preview - psblog

Bishop89

The real-life WWII stories that inspired next year’s PS4 tactical shooter Sniper Elite 4

Story Trailer

With maps at least three times bigger than those of Sniper Elite 3, there are so many options available to you, and so much for you to feast your eyes on. Many of Sniper Elite 4’s stunning environments draw from actual locations and real wartime events.

31086880290_e5db273c07_z.jpg

31086880390_6f475df421_z.jpg

Searching a body might give you ammunition or a medikit, but it might also give you a document that contains tactical information or perhaps a fragment of a story (and sometimes both). Other documents are littered around the environment, some telling self-contained stories, others elaborating the narratives of the main characters. Information like that might affect whether you choose to fight alongside the resistance — or whether you use the distraction they’re offering to get straight to your objective. It’s up to you.

So, stay tuned for more intelligence videos in the coming weeks! For those eager to learn more, they will flesh out the historical context in which Karl’s latest assignment takes place, and provide some choice insights into the story. Of course, this is just the tip of the iceberg… we have lots, lots more to show you ahead of our launch on 14th February, 2017!

more info in link.

xrnzaaas

Can't wait for this. Sniper Elite 3 was very enjoyable. I just hope that they won't add too many collectibles so they won't distract me from the actual sniping. :)

xrnzaaas

Yeah that depends on your personal taste. I liked the African setting and most missions (Gaberoun is probably my favorite). The only real problem I had was that the base game only had 8 missions.

There seems to be zero hype for this, but I am in. It looks like the best one yet.

Appears to be the case for every game in the series and yet they do sell very well.
there's is quit a big fanbase for the Sniper Elite series and even the Sniper ghost warrior one too.

They are like sleeper hits that people aren't a wear off are sleeper hits.

ironcreed

Banned
Appears to be the case for every game in the series and yet they do sell very well.
there's is quit a big fanbase for the Sniper Elite series and even the Sniper ghost warrior one too.

They are like sleeper hits that people aren't a wear off are sleeper hits.

Yeah, I got into it with V2 and was pretty hooked. But 3 was a big step up and it looks like they have built on that even more.

SE3 surprised me, it was really a sleeper. A very solid action/stealth game that more people should play. If they improve even more your options, and the maps are so much bigger as they say, they could have one of the best titles of the year in their hands, not that far away from MGS5.

IISANDERII

Sorry but I'll wait when it's discounted. I'm still cheesed that the Ultimate Edition of Sniper 3 was missing lots of content.

ironcreed

Banned
I just started playing 3 again and am having a blast. I love how you can spend hours stalking and ghosting around one map, taking out objectives. With the even larger locations and new mechanics, 4 should be a grand old time indeed.

SomTervo

My only beef with SE3 was that the DLC mission was a complete pisstake. I paid £10 for it and it was literally 20 minutes of gameplay worse than most of that in the main game. Painful.

Enjoyed SE3 a lot though. Good levels, good sniping. Movement and traversal needed polish as always

4 has serious potential

ironcreed

Banned
Here is 30 minutes of just the tutorial map, which is pretty darn big. It dwarfs anything in 3 and you also see some of the new mechanics as well. It's the most complete game in the series yet and is not being held back by last-gen systems like 3 was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70ly6MRKU_o

The only thing is that the guy playing is trying to play it like a regular third person shooter. For those not in the know, you can ghost entire missions, silently take out enemies, lure them to traps, use the environment, etc. There are so many paths and ways to do things.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Here is 30 minutes of just the tutorial map, which is pretty darn big. It dwarfs anything in 3 and you also see some of the new mechanics as well. It's the most complete game in the series yet and is not being held back by last-gen systems like 3 was.

The only thing is that the guy playing is trying to play it like a regular third person shooter. For those not in the know, you can ghost entire missions, silently take out enemies, lure them to traps, use the environment, etc. There are so many paths and ways to do things.
Man I wish these devs weren't bottom tier with animation and control. Still no shoulder swap. Pretty much exact same, stilted animation from the last game. Single speed crouch walk...

I always buy and play these games, but I'm getting tired of the jank.

eshwaaz

Wow, this guy really could not have made the game look worse. As a fan of this series I know what to expect, but someone new to the franchise watching this would probably be totally put off.

I am disappointed to see that they have seemingly not made any improvements to the X-ray effects across 3 games now, or to their damage model in general. Shots look seriously lame when shown out of X-ray.

Top Bottom