• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Snoop Dog bullies Iggy Azalea on instagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadAss2961

It's so anti rap. At it's heart the genre is still supposed to be competitive.
Pretty much.

Is she crying?

pibq11h.jpg

There's no crying in hip-hop.

tbm24

Here's what I can find:

Albums For The Week Ending 09/21/2014

#2. Chris Brown - X - 145,644 (145,644)
#8. Lecrae - Anomaly - 31,243 (118,829)
#14. Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography - 21,537 (176,076)
#15. Jhene Aiko - Souled Out - 20,733 (90,577)
#28. Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood - 9,194 (161,348)
#30. Iggy Azalea - The New Classic - 8,998 (360,547)
#35. Trey Songz - Trigga - 7,631 (250,224)
#45. Joell Ortiz - House Slippers - 5,876 (5,876)
#53. August Alsina - Testimony - 5,105 (206,258)
#55. Beyonce - Beyonce - 4,909 (2,072,735)

Last time the album showed up in top 10.

Album Sales - Week Ending 10/12/2014

#9. Keyshia Cole - Point Of No Return - 25,511 (25,511)
#16. Childish Gambino - KAUAI - 19,317 (35,485)
#17. Tinashe - Aquarius - 18,821 (18,821)
#19. Flying Lotus - You’re Dead - 17,170 (17,170)
#21. Chris Brown - X - 16,429 (222,609)
#22. Prince - Art Official Age - 15,013 (66,016)
#35. Lecrae - Anomaly - 9,356 (158,688)
#36. Jeezy - Seen It All - 9,244 (211,342)
#47. Prince & 3rdEyeGirl - Plectrumelectrum - 7,046 (33,406)
#55. John Legend - Love In The Future - 6,045 (636,512)

Most recent week of top 10 album sales info.​

Info from HipHop DX. A complete list from top to bottom would be great to show a better overall comparison.

Maybe Phoenix can find that for us.

Nice to see Jhene Aiko is doing good and Iggy is not.

Went back to read Iggy and Snoop's twitter.

Trash and trash. Right now Snoop looks the worst, but a quick google of some of the stuff Iggy has said makes it pretty even.

That culture, whatever it is, is fucking toxic.

Rap culture ? Black culture ? What are you trying to say here ?

Iggy is showing her true colors here. Snoop was clowning. It's a part of the culture and part of the reason people give him a "pass" when he clowns is because who he is and who he was. Iggy reaps those rewards as well. It's why she can say stupid shit like this:
tumblr_n1yj8xWZlE1rn3sbpo8_r1_500.jpg

and she pretty much gets a pass on it without anyone raising a peep. Can you imagine if Taylor Swift or carrie Underwood tweeted something like that? But Iggy can because she's a rapper, and the public perception is that rappers are edgy and controversial and say some outlandish/offensive/clownish things. She was all fine with that when it was in her favor but now Snoops clowns her a bit and she wants to get all serious and turn it into an episode of Dr. Phil. Give me a break.

chris121580

Speaking as a Brit, and looking it from the perspective of how he has crossed over to mainstream, if at all, he is a one hit wonder. And that basically puts him par with MC Hammer in the 'one hit wonder who's song is just an appropriation of an earlier hit'.
You should probably sit the next few plays out Champ. Maybe not talk for awhile

Weirdest part about this thread is people thinking Snoop is broke, is somehow jealous of some rapper that just only now dropped her debut that is struggling to make gold, is trying to stay relevant as if he needs something to prove anymore.
it's like people know nothing of pop, forget hiphop. Snoop has been a household name for over a decade now.

Weirdest part about this thread is people thinking Snoop is broke, is somehow jealous of some rapper that just only now dropped her debut that is struggling to make gold, is trying to stay relevant as if he needs something to prove anymore.
it's like people know nothing of pop, forget hiphop. Snoop has been a household name for over a decade now.

I don't know what's weirder: people thinking Snoop is broke or that Iggy is rich.

Iggy is showing her true colors here. Snoop was clowning. It's a part of the culture and part of the reason people give him a "pass" when he clowns is because who he is and who he was. Iggy reaps those rewards as well. It's why she can say stupid shit like this:
tumblr_n1yj8xWZlE1rn3sbpo8_r1_500.jpg

and she pretty much gets a pass on it without anyone raising a peep. Can you imagine if Taylor Swift or carrie Underwood tweeted something like that? But Iggy can because she's a rapper, and the public perception is that rappers are edgy and controversial and say some outlandish/offensive/clownish things. She was all fine with that when it was in her favor but now Snoops clowns her a bit and she wants to get all serious and turn it into an episode of Dr. Phil. Give me a break.

Actually, lots of people HAVE raised a "peep" about Iggy's cultural appropriation, and Swift's, for that matter.

But in terms of public perception, I agree.

IrishNinja

- hip hop icon Snoop isn't "relevant"
- much less broke
- or "one hit" jesus christ
- poor Iggy for trying to son him & getting shat on
- sampling OMG
- fronting like iggy's not a recycle-bin classic tier rapper at best

thread has it all

Time to go back to pop and flop. Not that she isn't flopping as a rapper too (album isn't close to going gold despite multiple hits). People recognize she's a clown.

Is Snoop an ass? Yea but this is no different from most juvenile rap disputes. If she can't handle it (despite saying ugly shit about minorities and other rappers on twitter) go to fucking church.

5qarXXI.gif

I love Eminem, but remember when Eminen dropped and angsty kids who never had an interest in hip hop were dropping, "I don't listen to rap, but Eminem is the best/only one worth listening to."

Iggy is to pop fans what Em was to those kids.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Went back to read Iggy and Snoop's twitter.

Trash and trash. Right now Snoop looks the worst, but a quick google of some of the stuff Iggy has said makes it pretty even.

That culture, whatever it is, is fucking toxic.

What culture are you referring to here???

Also, when did Snoop Lion transmute back into Snoop Dog?

Camp Lo

Banned
I love Eminem, but remember when Eminen dropped and angsty kids who never had an interest in hip hop were dropping, "I don't listen to rap, but Eminem is the best/only one worth listening to."

Pop GAF don't want Iggy.... or do they?
2an4d.png

Iggy is the first mainstream female rapper in years to actually have something to say.

The Light

Remember the same being said for Mike Shinoda.

see5harp

A lot of dudes in here sounding a whole lot like Pop Gaf talking about album sales. Snoop is an icon, sure, but he's also still writing lines like BIKINI TANKINI MARTINI.

What video? Also lol at Iggy's twitter. That is some dumb and offensive stuff.

Earl said something about the video for that awesome Taylor Swift song sounding real dumb.

This isn't offensive at all. As a black man. Iggy definitely exemplifies coonish behavior.

She acts in a way she THINKS how black people act. Just listen to her voice. She Australian but puts on this fake southern accent in order to sound 'hip"

and again just look at her previous tweets. She's no victim. She literally just couldn't take a joke.

Ok this is from a couple pages back but I wanna respond. Not all black people speak in slang, but if they naturally didn't no one would bat an eye if they forcibly took it up. Everyone can speak in fully articulated English. Skin color should have nothing to do with someone's style of speech.

maruchan

Lol people think snoop is poor. He was recently on Forbes on the top 10 richest hip hop artist with net worth of more than 100 Mil..

Not twitter culture, and I really hope that's not what "black culture" is. Disclaimer: I know nothing about black culture, but I don't need to, to hope that this isn't it. I personally am guessing this is more "gangster rap" culture... but since I don't actually have any experience in that, I don't want to label it that.

(recent tweets from Snoop:

"Iggy was a man So says Todd. Hahahahahahah goodnight bitch !! Kangaroo yo pink punk ass bac to the land down unda !!"
"One more. Iggy. Suckn dick. Like the punk bitch she is now post some more shit hoe !! I'm jus Getn started on ya fake wanna b black bitch #wrongnigga2fucwit n yo nigga Betta not say shit��"
"Now I said what I said bitch now let it go before I go all in on ya pink punk ass yeah u bitch !!"
"My homegurl Cleo lookn to fuck a bitch up bout the dogg u hea me !!"

Or that one video when he tells Iggy's bf to "check her before I do."

or any of this:

Iggy-Azalea-allegedly-racist-tweets.png
)
^- We can probably agree that this is fucked up though, even without trying to dismiss it.

But, the culture where that kind of shit is being dismissed/excused as "competitiveness" or normal "trash talking" is insane. Violence and rape is just wrong.

I don't know WHAT culture it is; I certainly hope it's not "rap/hip-hop" culture... but whoever claims that kind of shit is okay because "lol that's just how it is., that's how they fight/compete."

Yeah no fuck that noise, it's toxic whatever it is. "I'm going to fuck you up, I'm going to rape you, oh hey -male guy- you better keep your property, uh, I mean girlfriend, in check before I do. Blah blah racism, racism, and more racism." No, no, no, and no.

Nail on the head. "Part of the culture" is not an excuse.

Camp Lo

Banned

Yeah, I can see why you can't pin that on a particular culture because, honestly, shit talking like that is prevalent in just about every group. You say this isn't normal but it really is. Twitter just allows you to put it out there; this is how most people talk, albeit not as severe.

As Phoenix said, if you're scared go to church. She should be able to take some banter from another person on Instagram and not feel compelled to respond and then get caught up in the trap. Even if it is from an icon like Snoop.

also, LMAO at this thread. As if any of you "losing respect" for Snoop maters in the slightest. Snoop can say whatever the fuck he wants. He's a legend. If she (or anyone else) is that damn sensitive about someone sharing some shit about you they found funny on social media, maybe you're too sensitive to be in the spotlight.

faridmon

Yeah, I can see why you can't pin that on a particular culture because, honestly, shit talking like that is prevalent in just about every group. You say this isn't normal but it really is. Twitter just allows you to put it out there; this is how most people talk, albeit not as severe.

Is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom