• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, apparently Jared Leto is getting his own Joker movie. Yup.

What We Know: According to recent reports, Jared Leto will star and serve as executive producer in his own solo Joker film – a deal which happens to be quite similar to Robbie’s involvement in Birds of Prey. Details are scarce, other than it will be a separate project from both the “Joker and Harley” concept and the standalone “Joker Origins” project. It will also spearhead a batch of films based on the characters featured in Suicide Squad, which means rumors of that Deadshot movie might be more than idle talk.

From RT. https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/full-list-of-all-upcoming-dc-movies-with-key-details/

giphy.gif

Grinchy

Banned
This is a great idea for those of us who will only watch it for free one day and make fun of it through the whole run time.

Link1110

Here's what DC should do

1. License Dead pool
2 Adapt Deadpool Kills the Universe into the last ever DCCU movie
3. Wonder Woman survives that movie and had sequels but is the only character to do so

Last edited:

jadedm17

Never saw Suicide Squad and I don't want to.

As a movie buff who enjoys almost anything - like the live action Bratz movie - it's an interesting watch on what not to do.

Search YouTube for The art of editing and Suicide Squad for a hilarious take on how to fuck up every aspect of making and interesting movie : Strange cuts, ridiculous character choices.... It's all there.

I was literally laughing out loud for half the movie when I saw this in theatres on a whim, even by my standards this is a dumb movie.

Mr Hyde

I haven't seen Suicide Squad yet, mainly because it looks boring and bland, but the the biggest turnoff was The Joker who looks and sound like shit. I remember seeing the first promoshot of him, with "damaged" tattoed into his forehead and was like "nope, this looks ridiculous". I think no one can top Ledger and Nicholson, they were the cream of the crop when it comes to playing this character. DC must be having a rough time with their extended universe, I have barely heard or seen one person that actually cares for these movies.

Mahadev

I hope they try to create more depth to this edgelord Joker because otherwise the movie is doomed. Let's hope that overrated hack that directed Suicide Squad doesn't direct this one too.

DC: Just Let Wonder Woman 2 and Aquaman 2 come out since they're a done deal. Then use the Flash to Flashpoint the living fuck out of this DC stuff, take a break, figure things out come back with real movies. I've given up on whatever this DCEU is. It sounds worse with every article.

I'll just say it, Leto is the worst Joker. Recast him with whoever, don't care. Pay off the contract, do what you gotta do. You can keep Margot Robbie, she's fine as Harley. Affleck needs to go and looks like he's going to and wants to anyhow.

Basically the whole thing is falling apart other than Wonder Woman, and we'll see what Aquaman does.

So use Flash/Flashpoint movie, say this was a bad dream, and start over...after a break. You can even keep Gal Gadot using whatever reasoning you need.

Edit: And recast Cavill.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Aquaman is the only superhero movie I´m currently interested in, and that is only because James Wan is directing it. He has great range and a solid track record (for the most part) so I´m curious to see how he is holding up with a superhero flick.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
I've read that Leto is kind of a piece of shit in real life...and admittedly I haven't really watched any of his work lately (still haven't even seen the new Blade Runner sadly)... but I've not really heard anyone say that Suicide Squad or the representation of any of this characters were really all that good...let alone worth investing in multiple solo projects.

Seems like a bad idea unless they're completely changing the tone and character for the solo project. Like if they have no qualms about blowing up any continuity with Suicide Squad and just say "yeah, fuck that movie and the characters in it... THIS is now what's canon" in regards to these characters, it could have a shot.

MDSLKTR

Gross. DC fanboy here and I wish I could forget SS in its entirety. At least it got an oscar so I can troll marvel fanboys with it.
Requiem and American Psycho were the only roles he was good in
And fight club and Lord of war. What do all these movies have in common? He's playing a douche and getting murdered in all of them.

Last edited:
To be fair, the Joker/Harley stuff in SS were the more interesting moments. The movie itself, though... was just a fucking mess that was all over the place like some vapid pile of sentient ooze. Oh, and the Deadshot moments were kinda cool too!

Spheyr

Banned
To be fair, the Joker/Harley stuff in SS were the more interesting moments. The movie itself, though... was just a fucking mess that was all over the place like some vapid pile of sentient ooze. Oh, and the Deadshot moments were kinda cool too!
Every moment with Jared Leto involved was the worst part of the movie.

Pejo

Oh man, I can't believe enough people thought this was a good idea to get it greenlit.

At least the Nu-Joker memes make me laugh:

T9bCWCQ.jpg

TrainedRage

Banned
Every moment with Jared Leto involved was the worst part of the movie.
So you didn't like the part where he got his face smashed in during Fight Club? I thought that scene was pretty memorable.
I also liked his character in Blade runner. I think he is a pretty talented dude.

Spheyr

Banned
No. Especially when you consider the theory that he’s Jason Todd
Yes. His Joker is terrible and a fan theory doesn't make his Joker less terrible. I didn't like Ledger's joker either.

There are two good Jokers - Nicholson and Hamill.

So you didn't like the part where he got his face smashed in during Fight Club? I thought that scene was pretty memorable.
I also liked his character in Blade runner. I think he is a pretty talented dude.
Who the fuck is talking about Fight Club and Blade Runner? We're talking about Suicide Squad. Read what I replied to. Please keep up.

Yes. His Joker is terrible and a fan theory doesn't make his Joker less terrible. I didn't like Ledger's joker either.

There are two good Jokers - Nicholson and Hamill.

Who the fuck is talking about Fight Club and Blade Runner? We're talking about Suicide Squad. Read what I replied to. Please keep up.
Hamill and ledger are the 2 best Jokers.

Last edited:

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism

To be honest, I felt strongly that his scenes in Blade Runner (while perfectly well acted) had little purpose in the film as a whole. The rest of the narratives circling around replicants were fascinating, as was his assistant and her personal agenda, but his "eccentric and dark creator in a futuristic minimalist room of water / dystopic Steve Jobs" scenes felt a bit corny in comparison to the rest of the content, and had little effect on anything.

BANGS

Banned
Leto tried to do what Ledger did and failed miserably. Ledger played a different version of Joker that at first was jarring, but I warmed up to it and can see the talent behind the character. Leto tried his own thing and it just comes off as awful from every direction...

Just cast fucking Hammill already, at this point he's your only "hope"...

i guess im one of the few people that didnt hate suicide squad. it didnt blow my hair back but i thought it was alright. i thought joker was awful though. he was just a lame criminal in it

BANGS

Banned
i guess im one of the few people that didnt hate suicide squad. it didnt blow my hair back but i thought it was alright. i thought joker was awful though. he was just a lame criminal in it
I didn't hate the movie either. It was pathetic compared to marvel films, but it was an "okay" film...

Top Bottom