• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, apparently Jared Leto is getting his own Joker movie. Yup.

Spheyr

Banned
Suicide Squad was a good series of vignettes poorly assembled into a narrative. If they had fixed the transitions and made things flow smoother it would have been a lot better.

bitbydeath

I must be getting old cause this joker felt like an adolescent version which is yet to grow up into the real deal.
I haven't ready the comics so maybe he was just more of an innocent type of person until Harley broke him in??

Grinchy

Banned
I like that scene where the "totally crazy, spontaneous" Joker spent 2 hours perfectly laying items out on his floor so he could sprawl out and do his Jim Carrey Joker laugh.

Or maybe he ordered a henchman to do it, which would be even more menacing!

Ryllix_

This is so odd to me. I enjoyed suicide squad more than most, but Leto was the worst part. His joker is terrible.

I haven't seen Suicide Squad yet, mainly because it looks boring and bland, but the the biggest turnoff was The Joker who looks and sound like shit. I remember seeing the first promoshot of him, with "damaged" tattoed into his forehead and was like "nope, this looks ridiculous". I think no one can top Ledger and Nicholson, they were the cream of the crop when it comes to playing this character. DC must be having a rough time with their extended universe, I have barely heard or seen one person that actually cares for these movies.

nicholsonjoker4lyf

DC/ Warner Bros Executive's statement:

Holy...this had me laughing real good. I believe the term is; Should have been first post.

Edit: To clarify further, I didn't mind Suicide Squad. I watched it in theater and bought it digitally. Haven't really watched it more than once more. There's some parts of it that are good and plenty that they can leave behind. Luckily the Suicide Squad lends itself to that very well as Slipknot found out. But Leto, No. I won't see a Joker movie with him starring, nor opposite the Batman.

Flashpoint needs to replace/recast some of the characters and keep the good ones , like Wonder Woman. There's no reason they can't use it to recon the whole thing. Or just give up and have independent superhero films, which isn't the worst idea in the world.

Last edited:
Top Bottom