• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

so...DS homebrew..whats up?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
ne1 said:
Yeah, that's the impression I've gotten too. Browse arnoud at for example gbatemp.net and I think you'll come to the same conclusion.
There were some reports of g6 lites crashing and wiping everything on them, but I've only heard of chinese ones doing so.
And when I ordered one the guy told me that the first [english] ones got recalled because of some error and I think that might related. (It hasn't arrived yet though so I don't have any impressions of it.)

my G6Lite has works flawlessly.

I figured I'd bump an old thread instead of creating a new one.

Has anybody out there been using the Ninjapass? I've been interested in DS hombrew for a while, but I was always leery of doing anything that might mess up my DS or that required me to have something sticking out of my GBA slot. I just recently caught wind of the Ninjapass and from what I gather it just runs like a normal DS cart. Is that right?

If anyone has any advice to give about it, how well it works, value for the money, etc. whatever I'd appreciate it. This seems like a pretty good solution for me.

adg1034

Cymbal Head said:
I figured I'd bump an old thread instead of creating a new one.

Has anybody out there been using the Ninjapass? I've been interested in DS hombrew for a while, but I was always leery of doing anything that might mess up my DS or that required me to have something sticking out of my GBA slot. I just recently caught wind of the Ninjapass and from what I gather it just runs like a normal DS cart. Is that right?

If anyone has any advice to give about it, how well it works, value for the money, etc. whatever I'd appreciate it. This seems like a pretty good solution for me.

I actually just bought the DS-Xtreme, and it's really, really good. It's the size of a DS cart (well, it is a DS cart), and it has 512MB of built-in memory. No flashing required, and it has a built-in OS, from which you can run apps and play music. Unfortunately, some backups (honest to God) I tried playing wouldn't work, and there seemed to be no rhyme or reason as to which ones did.

dsx_cart.jpg

And before anyone says "OMG 4 Gigabytes", it's 4 gigabits. Sorry.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Yeah, so glad I don't have to worry about all that flashing crap. My DS-X should be here any day.

adg1034 said:
I actually just bought the DS-Xtreme, and it's really, really good. It's the size of a DS cart (well, it is a DS cart), and it has 512MB of built-in memory. No flashing required, and it has a built-in OS, from which you can run apps and play music. Unfortunately, some backups (honest to God) I tried playing wouldn't work, and there seemed to be no rhyme or reason as to which ones did.

dsx_cart.jpg

And before anyone says "OMG 4 Gigabytes", it's 4 gigabits. Sorry.

That looks slick, but checking prices it seems like it costs a pretty penny. I'm interested in homebrew, but I don't know if I'm the-price-of-a-whole-new-DS interested.

i have an m3+passcard3 and i have been following ds homebrew, scummvm is working great, BEUP which is an msn for ds is also working really good, and i've just tryed recently both doom and heretic and they running great....:)

Treo360

Bluemercury said:
i have an m3+passcard3 and i have been following ds homebrew, scummvm is working great, BEUP which is an msn for ds is also working really good, and i've just tryed recently both doom and heretic and they running great....:)

Just got my ninjads "sticky" can't wait to upload The Dig, and some other Scummvm games

tenchir

I am currently using EZ4Lite(Slot2) + NinjaPass(Slot1)

7.jpg

8.jpg

10.JPG

EZLite4 is okay for homebrew. NinjaPass is new so with the exception of Moonshell, homebrew suck on it.

funny that this thread was bumped...

EZ-Flash V was officially announced by the EZ-Team, Slot-1, uses MicroSD.

ezf5alliu7.jpg

SuperCard DS details were given but it was not officially announced, also Slot-1, also uses MicroSD.

and the M3/G6 team said that they were working on a Slot-1 device. No idea on if it uses MicroSD, built in flash, or both.

adg1034

FauX said:
OMG 4 Gigabytes!!!! :lol

That's sick man! but it'll save all your problems for sure :)

Not quite.

adg1034 said:
Unfortunately, some backups (honest to God) I tried playing wouldn't work, and there seemed to be no rhyme or reason as to which ones did.

Oh, well. At least I can get my Wario Ware: Touched! fix on the go. Again.

Wow, the homebrew stuff has gone pretty far since the last time I took a look at it, that was when the max media launcher first came out and they cocked up the first weeks worth of delivery orders to people.

If I ever get the spare cash again having one with a built in sd memory card reader is pretty damn awesome, I love moonshell just for it's palmtop feeling when in use.

*edit* what's the general cost now for this kind of stuff? my MML was £15.

Blablurn

A nice page 'bout DS Homebrew stuff is www.dev-scene.com
There are the most important tools and homebrewgames collected.

I'm using Supercard Lite and a Passcard.

There's also a free Online Browser (with pictures and stuff, not like the Linux Text Browser on DS) in the works, its called Okiwi, but I dont know, how its progress is. search google for the okiwi blog, i dont remember the exact page.

Top Bottom