• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

so evilore promised me a new tag

Status
Not open for further replies.
cpYTF.gif

Whose the GAFfer thats swaggin'? I'd give that guy a tag too.

I think the key to getting a tag is that you have to be indirect about it.

Today I was re-reading Robert Greene's book The 48 Laws of Power and here's a couple of laws that might be useful for you tag-fishers:

3rd law: conceal your intentions
"Keep people off-balance and in the dark by never revealing the purpose behind your actions. If they have no clue what you are up to, they cannot prepare a defense. . ."

4th law: always say less than necessary
"When you are trying to impress people with words, the more you say, the more common you appear, and the less in control. Even if you are saying something banal, it will seem original if you make it vague, open-ended, and sphinx-like. . ."

35th law: master the art of timing
"Never seem to be in a hurry - hurrying betrays a lack of control over yourself, and over time. Always seem patient, as if you know that everything will come to you eventually. Become a detective of the right moment; sniff our the spirit of the times, the trends that will carry you to power. Learn to stand back when the time is not yet ripe, and to strike fiercely when it has reached fruition."

too long, did not read.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think there's only 3 that can actually tag people.

I think tagging is an admin function, not a moderator function. My guess is that some of the "mod scandals," resulted in the regular old moderators losing some of their ability to access/alter member information, but that's wild mass guessing.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
So in a "tag fishing thread" you post stupid shit and get tagged? So unorthodox.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Sorry guys but this has run it course, going to lock the thread.

edit : did it work?

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Sorry guys but this has run it course, going to lock the thread.

edit : did it work?

I think you have to type in your gaf name/password as a command in order to get it to register the thread lock.

Believe it's: <username> <password> /admin -threadlock

You reply to the thread with that info and the thread locks! But I'm pretty sure you have to be the OP...or a mod...

...or an idiot DO NOT DO THIS! DO NOT DO THIS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom