• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, GTA V Expanded and Enhanced is 4 weeks out and still no trailer to show just how expanded and enhanced it really is...

Boss Mog

I made a thread like this back when the game was scheduled to come out in November of last year:

The new date of March 15th is quickly approaching and not much has changed we got a trailer that didn't really show or tell us anything last year when the delay happened except that the game was going to be censored as to not trigger the snowflakes of 2022. Back when it came out on PS4 R* made a point to show us a trailer that highlighted all the enhancements made to the game over the previous gen and they did so months before the release. Here we still don't know jack shit and the game is launching in a few weeks.

I smell another delay incoming.

Last edited:

NeoGiffer

gta_5_commodore_64.jpg

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I made a thread like this back when the game was scheduled to come out in November of last year:

The new date of March 15th is quickly approaching and not much has changed we got a trailer that didn't really show or tell us anything last year when the delay happened except that the game was going to be censored as to not trigger the snowflakes of 2022. Back when it came out on PS4 R* made a point to show us a trailer that highlighted all the enhancements made to the game over the previous gen and they did so months before the release. Here we still don't know jack shit and the game is launching in a few weeks.

Why would not we trust Rockstar? They did the same thing with the GTA collection, nothing concrete until it was out and it turned out just fine… 😙. Right? </s>

Last edited:
You’re all being baited into buying a nine year old game again. They aren’t going to redo all the models, textures etc. Everything will be slightly sharper and higher resolution. Maybe even a more dense world with more bushes n shit?

Prove me wrong Rockstar, but I doubt they will.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Nudity and Trevors dickpics drawn on a wall for example

I'm gonna assume they were snipped for the trailer which contains no nudity, swearing or gore so that they didn't have to age-restrict it on Youtube.

The game has been on PS3 and PS4 uncensored for over 8 years, it makes absolutely zero sense to do so now. Let's not forget the shit fit this forum prematurely threw about the trilogy remaster censorship and it turned out to be literally one image of a confederate flag (and the absolute least of those games' worries).

ParaSeoul

This is going to be a shitshow and despite that people are going to throw all their good approaches from the last screwed up AAA releases overboard and jump on this game.

eer5x9jo4jn71.jpg
I doubt this is even censored,probably a glitch. The trailer was filled with glitches like NPCs sitting on each other in cars while clipping and every number plate being yellow.

Kupfer

it makes absolutely zero sense to do so now.
But it does. The target group has become more sensitive, people shout out loud and conjure up a shitsorm. What used to be the 15 year olds with skateboards and mohawks who rebelled against society with loud punk music and "fuck the system" shirts 15 years ago, are now the blue-haired sexually insecure and determined twitterwarriors who are only looking for such points of attack to loudly put themselves in the foreground again. Rockstar no longer has the balls to stand up for itself and its own product, preferring to chicken out and try to please everyone.
Let's not forget the shit fit this forum prematurely threw about the trilogy remaster censorship and it turned out to be literally one image of a confederate flag (and the absolute least of those games' worries).
Bad enough.

DrAspirino

Banned
I'm not willing to pay for unlocked framerate and higher res textures. It's just not worth it. I REALLY hope they release a free upgrade (at least for GTA online) for those of us who have the game. Otherwise I'm out.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
But it does. The target group has become more sensitive, people shout out loud and conjure up a shitsorm. What used to be the 15 year olds with skateboards and mohawks who rebelled against society with loud punk music and "fuck the system" shirts 15 years ago, are now the blue-haired sexually insecure and determined twitterwarriors who are only looking for such points of attack to loudly put themselves in the foreground again. Rockstar no longer has the balls to stand up for itself and its own product, preferring to chicken out and try to please everyone.

Bad enough.

The bolded part is the 1990s, not 2007. And the game came out in 2013 when what you're describing was in full swing already. If you don't remember, Gamergate happened not even a year after GTA V came out.

As usual, people are just desperately looking for something to be angry about before we even really know the truth, which ironically is the exact thing the blue haired Twitter dwellers do. If you feel that not being able to look at a confederate flag in a few cutscenes ruins a game for you then each to their own, but GTA V E&E isn't even out yet and we're using a Reddit post as proof that something has happened.

ParaSeoul

Bad enough.
The remaster sucks,bro. Just say that instead of writing an essay about woke shit.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
The bolded part is the 1990s, not 2007. And the game came out in 2013 when what you're describing was in full swing already. If you don't remember, Gamergate happened not even a year after GTA V came out.

As usual, people are just desperately looking for something to be angry about before we even really know the truth, which ironically is the exact thing the blue haired Twitter dwellers do. If you feel that not being able to look at a confederate flag in a few cutscenes ruins a game for you then each to their own, but GTA V E&E isn't even out yet and we're using a Reddit post as proof that something has happened.
2013 was definitely not full swing. 2012 was basically the beginning of the SJW gaming infiltration. Gamergate was noteworthy in that the press was on one page, but virtually everyone else was on a different page. The takeover had definitely not been completed at that point. Also, most liberal leaning comedy, and satire seems to have died a gruesome death after the election of Trump. We're definitely in a completely different climate now than in 2013. All we saw back then was the early beginnings of it, and vocal gamers warning people of what was coming.

Trunim

The story wasn't even that good. The only fun I had back in 2013 was when you were chasing the sailboat, that was a bit fun and somewhat crazy. It's weird to see this one still being in the loop. It's like second life with guns online?

Last edited:

Kupfer

Some true words spoken. I'm not perfect either.
But in the meantime I don't care enough to be annoyed by it. Sure, I do some commenting here, but the bottom line is that I will simply not buy the game if I don't like it, but not get into any fan wars.

Last edited:

AV

2013 was definitely not full swing. 2012 was basically the beginning of the SJW gaming infiltration. Gamergate was noteworthy in that the press was on one page, but virtually everyone else was on a different page. The takeover had definitely not been completed at that point. Also, most liberal leaning comedy, and satire seems to have died a gruesome death after the election of Trump. We're definitely in a completely different climate now than in 2013. All we saw back then was the early beginnings of it, and vocal gamers warning people of what was coming.

If 2012 was the start and 2014 was Gamergate then we were absolutely in the shit when GTA V dropped, and we were - articles about how the game was misogynistic was about the only real controversy that surrounded the game, outside of maybe the torture sequence. Not because there were dicks doodled on the walls. Shit, Grove Street may have cut a flag from the trilogy remasters but they sure as hell left the gigantic pair of tits you project onto a building in there.

If Rockstar were genuinely concerned about this stuff they would have actually bothered to pay attention to what GSG were doing with the trilogy, but they didn't. They didn't even care about the quality of the game let alone making "changes for modern audiences" like the one article suggested. One texture artist at GSG flipped a t-shirt asset and suddenly "Rockstar = wokestar". It's just utter nonsense until we get something more substantial.

Let's wait and see, If they really have scrubbed dick doodles from the wall for the PS5 version we can all be bemused and point and laugh in a few weeks, but let's not become what we hate by being pre-mad about nothing.

AV

but the bottom line is that I will simply not buy the game if I don't like it, but not get into any fan wars.

Yep, I agree and that's all I'm saying - there's a lot of reasons to not buy this shit, I won't be, but missing dick doodles in a trailer ain't one :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Shifty1897

I'm guessing the enhanced part is a 4K 60fps mode, and expanded part is more GTA online stuff because GTA online prints money.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
If 2012 was the start and 2014 was Gamergate then we were absolutely in the shit when GTA V dropped, and we were - articles about how the game was misogynistic was about the only real controversy that surrounded the game, outside of maybe the torture sequence. Not because there were dicks doodled on the walls. Shit, Grove Street may have cut a flag from the trilogy remasters but they sure as hell left the gigantic pair of tits you project onto a building in there.

If Rockstar were genuinely concerned about this stuff they would have actually bothered to pay attention to what GSG were doing with the trilogy, but they didn't. They didn't even care about the quality of the game let alone making "changes for modern audiences" like the one article suggested. One texture artist at GSG flipped a t-shirt asset and suddenly "Rockstar = wokestar". It's just utter nonsense until we get something more substantial.

Let's wait and see, If they really have scrubbed dick doodles from the wall for the PS5 version we can all be bemused and point and laugh in a few weeks, but let's not become what we hate by being pre-mad about nothing.
I'm usually not into dates, but I remember this era quite well.

2012 was basically the start of SJW gaming on Kotaku and Gamasutra, and not much else. An article sprinkled in here and there, 95% of the comments bashing it and tearing it apart. 2012 Anita Sarkeesian Kickstarter campaign kicks off. Even on NeoGAF at the time, it could still be heavily trashed and the mods weren't completely shutting it down yet.

2014 Gamergate. This was also still allowed to be debated on NeoGAF at the time. There was a huge thread on it for months. I think I was finally banned around 2015, but I can't remember exactly.

2016, everyone went crazy because of the election and the final form of SJW cult behavior spread out to the world.

Up until about 2015, you could still count on 90% of comments in any SJW article trashing it completely. Then they basically banned everyone from talking about it across the whole internet, and started transitioning to the doxing / cancelling final form to quiet people down.

AV

I'm usually not into dates, but I remember this era quite well.

2012 was basically the start of SJW gaming on Kotaku and Gamasutra, and not much else. An article sprinkled in here and there, 95% of the comments bashing it and tearing it apart. 2012 Anita Sarkeesian Kickstarter campaign kicks off. Even on NeoGAF at the time, it could still be heavily trashed and the mods weren't completely shutting it down yet.

2014 Gamergate. This was also still allowed to be debated on NeoGAF at the time. There was a huge thread on it for months. I think I was finally banned around 2015, but I can't remember exactly.

2016, everyone went crazy because of the election and the final form of SJW cult behavior spread out to the world.

Up until about 2015, you could still count on 90% of comments in any SJW article trashing it completely. Then they basically banned everyone from talking about it across the whole internet, and started transitioning to the doxing / cancelling final form to quiet people down.

That's all fine and seems accurate enough, I just think it's skirting the point, which is that while I agree that the culture has had a dramatic shift (mostly during the election), it's not gonna affect this re-release of a game so much that they feel they have to remove pictures of women in bikinis from walls in the final product. Shit, not even that long ago we saw Blizzard respond to their own controversy by replacing pictures of women in WoW with bowls of fruit, and even the Twitter mob was confused as to what that actually achieved.

The likelier answer is either that stuff was cut from the trailer so it could pass Youtube's restricted video guidelines (I'm pretty sure some beer bottles are also gone in the same trailer), or better yet, Rockstar are so lazy that E&E has new textures that are totally missing details from before. I just see Rockstar come up time and again on this forum as a company that's gone "full woke" or whatever and the evidence is a pile of crumbs thus far. Let's wait for the actual product.

RPSleon

GTA V is so impressive as a business. Its amazing. I absolutely hate how things are with it, but its amazing. How much money they have to be making for such little input.

I got this game on PS3. Its hilarious that a new version is coming out again.

Synless

This is going to be a shitshow and despite that people are going to throw all their good approaches from the last screwed up AAA releases overboard and jump on this game.

eer5x9jo4jn71.jpg
Someone mentioned in another thread that things were likely edited because they were trailers…. Are we sure that stuff won’t be in?

Boss Mog

I doubt this is even censored,probably a glitch. The trailer was filled with glitches like NPCs sitting on each other in cars while clipping and every number plate being yellow.
Definitely censored, and there's plenty of other things, too many for it to be a coincidence but I suppose there is a chance it's just for the trailer though we'll have to wait and see.

Last edited:

Mikey Jr.

If the price is right, I'll replay GTAV.

Last time I played it was in 2013 at launch, on my PS3 with my 720p tv. So I'm down if its 50% full price.

YCoCg

GTAV doesn’t need more marketing.
It will sell by WoM alone.
Hell, even the broken and badly reviewed Trilogy sold more than most games do proving if this is at least competent then they'll be in major profits again for minimum cost.

Why make a product that as a result , brings a reluctance to showcase it?

I hope people are a bit more wary this time. The modding communities puts these developers to shame with some of the work they do.

Last edited:

lem0n

So many other games to play, and this is coming from someone with like 58 days of playtime in GTA:O. I'd maybe play it if they added all the new goodies/cars/clothing etc into the single player game, but even then.. meh?

Portugeezer

We've seen enough to see it's not very expanded and enhanced. I'm sure the faster loading and 60fps will be welcome though.

I hope it'll at least run better than the last gen that 30FPS is killer and even worse on GTA Online for consoles.

I have a feeling that GTA Online minght not even be a 60 locked for these new consoles. High end PC's still struggle when trying to run a full lobby. so unless they've upgraded the code for GTA Online I don't see much changing part from rez and a bit better FPS than last gen.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

You’re all being baited into buying a nine year old game again. They aren’t going to redo all the models, textures etc. Everything will be slightly sharper and higher resolution. Maybe even a more dense world with more bushes n shit?

Prove me wrong Rockstar, but I doubt they will.
Animated GIF

Top Bottom