• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, GTA V Expanded and Enhanced is 4 weeks out and still no trailer to show just how expanded and enhanced it really is...

If the price is right, I'll replay GTAV.
beavis and butthead 90s GIF

Majormaxxx

It will be 50 bucks I think. So not full 70 bucks...

Or it might be 60 bucks and they will justify it with the expanded content.

Don't think it will be 70. Or lower than 50.

If it's 70 - that'd be an insane cash grab.

But...

For 60 they released the broken trilogy.

So it might be 70 after all.. Ugh...

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
They sure are making us nervous.....if it's actually better why not just show it???

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
They sure are making us nervous.....if it's actually better why not just show it???
The game came out nine years ago, we've already seen it five or six times. If you think they're reinventing the wheel with a 60fps update and a few bits bolted on, well, yeah..

And even thats a push (y)

Last edited:

Kerotan

You’re all being baited into buying a nine year old game again. They aren’t going to redo all the models, textures etc. Everything will be slightly sharper and higher resolution. Maybe even a more dense world with more bushes n shit?

Prove me wrong Rockstar, but I doubt they will.
I'm not buying it. Free with ps plus lol.

DavJay

This is how R* operate. We never got GTAv gameplay until it actually released and nda didn’t allow media outlets to show anything.

AAfter the “definitive” trilogy, they’re going to have to earn that trust back.
Yeah and they keep hiding. No previews, no trailer and no information where this shit will be expanded.

This will be the next trainwreck. But It will also sell millions because gamers are dumb sheep. They even bought the Shitinitive edition no matter what. They just need a turd with a Rockstar name on It and It will sell Like hot cakes.

Last edited:

karasu

But it does. The target group has become more sensitive, people shout out loud and conjure up a shitsorm. What used to be the 15 year olds with skateboards and mohawks who rebelled against society with loud punk music and "fuck the system" shirts 15 years ago, are now the blue-haired sexually insecure and determined twitterwarriors who are only looking for such points of attack to loudly put themselves in the foreground again. Rockstar no longer has the balls to stand up for itself and its own product, preferring to chicken out and try to please everyone.

Bad enough.
This shit is as imaginary as the old War on Christmas.

Banned
it will literally be exactly 100% like the PC version with lower settings than the PC version... maybe a graphics mode running max settings if you are lucky.

they need to have every version to be as identical as possible because updating the game across all of them is easier if they are

PS Plus only gets you 3 free months of GTA Online, that's it, no single-player.
No, if you sign in to the standalone GTA Online in the first three months with PS Plus the game is yours forever (as long as you have PS Plus).

Of course this will be a problem for anyone who has no PS5 yet.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

This is how R* operate. We never got GTAv gameplay until it actually released and nda didn’t allow media outlets to show anything.
When the PS4 version came out we got a trailer captured on PS4 showing enhanced foliage, lighting and weather effects a full 5 months before release:

The trailers we got so far showed nothing new or improved.

Then 2 weeks before release they put out a comparison video:

Since the game is 3 weeks away maybe we'll get a similar trailer next week but I'm thinking it's going to be delayed.

Last edited:

Banned
When the PS4 version came out we got a trailer showing enhanced foliage, lighting and weather effects a full 5 months before release:

they can't really do that this time, because it would just look like they are playing a gameplay video of the PC version lol... nothing new to see

its going to stay in the charts for another 3 years isnt it? even if it is the same game, it will still sell more than some new games.

cormack12

Gold Member
I really don't see how they get people to pay for gta online who have no interest in the sp.

It will obviously need to be different/upgraded but you're essentially trying to migrate an entire Gen 8 userbase - at cost - to a user constrained, Gen 9 port which will look slightly better.

Not unless it's like £10 (after the first 3 months on PS too).

I'm usually not into dates, but I remember this era quite well.

2012 was basically the start of SJW gaming on Kotaku and Gamasutra, and not much else. An article sprinkled in here and there, 95% of the comments bashing it and tearing it apart. 2012 Anita Sarkeesian Kickstarter campaign kicks off. Even on NeoGAF at the time, it could still be heavily trashed and the mods weren't completely shutting it down yet.

2014 Gamergate. This was also still allowed to be debated on NeoGAF at the time. There was a huge thread on it for months. I think I was finally banned around 2015, but I can't remember exactly.

2016, everyone went crazy because of the election and the final form of SJW cult behavior spread out to the world.

Up until about 2015, you could still count on 90% of comments in any SJW article trashing it completely. Then they basically banned everyone from talking about it across the whole internet, and started transitioning to the doxing / cancelling final form to quiet people down.
This is exactly what happened. I witnessed it all and felt like the world changed around me.
I remember the cult formed on this here site and everyone got banned. Shit you couldn't make a joke.

It also was a time when all the new sites took off comment sections. Can''t have people proving them wrong. It was messed up, is still messed up.

When the PS4 version came out we got a trailer captured on PS4 showing enhanced foliage, lighting and weather effects a full 5 months before release:

The trailers we got so far showed nothing new or improved.

Then 2 weeks before release they put out a comparison video:

Since the game is 3 weeks away maybe we'll get a similar trailer next week but I'm thinking it's going to be delayed.

Where is the new trailer showing such upgrade?

Im sad to say I'm excited for this. Not because Rockstar deserves it but because this will be the only way to play this game on console at 4k/60 (probably won't be 4k but some dynamic res). Thanks to Rockstar never patching this game we've had to play at 1080p/30.

I def will NOT buy this day 1 though! It's very obvious this is not going to be worth $60 (are they seriously going to try to charge full price for this despite many people having already bought this game .....not once but twice?). This is not the same Rockstar that remastered GtaV for ps4, that's for damn sure. The trailer they showed at Game Awards was a joke! I remember when they showed off the ps4 remaster with its many improvements side by side with ps3/360 version.

Initially I thought for sure this was going to be amazing with ray tracing and bells and whistles. Never crossed my mind that Rockstar would show themselves to be such a lazy p.o.s. company who never updates any of their old games for 60 fps unless you pay them for lazy ass remasters but here we are.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
I stopped caring months ago.

I occasionally mess around in GTA online, if its brought to PC quality its a nice QoL improvement, but nothing im that fussed about.

Boss Mog

No, if you sign in to the standalone GTA Online in the first three months with PS Plus the game is yours forever (as long as you have PS Plus).

Of course this will be a problem for anyone who has no PS5 yet.
False. If you claim it for free during those 3 months it will remain free. Like I said the 50M ps plus members out there will have the option to claim for free.
My bad, you guys are right, R* weren't very clear on this until very recently it seems.

Last edited:

Kerotan

My bad, you guys are right, R* weren't very clear on this until very recently it seems.
It was clear from day 1 as I knew this from day 1. There have been countless times it was clarified but people are idiots and continuesly spread doubt and misinformation confusing others in the process.

Boss Mog

It was clear from day 1 as I knew this from day 1. There have been countless times it was clarified but people are idiots and continuesly spread doubt and misinformation confusing others in the process.
I disagree that it was clear from day 1, I've seen articles clearing up confusion as recently as three weeks ago. No need to be a complete asshole about it and call other people names though.

makaveli60

Is there a bigger joke in the industry right now than Rockstar Games? I knew going woke and getting rid of the people who made this company big will result in bad results but never expected such a disaster.

Top Bottom