• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So how bad is the Switch stock situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SS4Gogita

Henshin!
What are your guys thoughts on a Grey Switch with Zelda, 1-2 Switch and bomberman, The hori stand and an extra pair of neon Joy Cons for 450.

Uh, just the Switch + Zelda + Bomberman + 1-2 Switch is $460 by itself, not even taking into account tax. So... dear god yes? Who the hell is offering that?

fossen

Just missed it at Amazon. It appeared between refreshes, but I could not get through checkout.

Selling for $269.00 with free shipping from Sunshine Tech Groups.

MrHoot

Granted, I threw some unwarranted shade towards Nint but I wouldn't say their case of understocking is unprecedented (amiibos for instance, or the mini nes which is still understocked here to the point where my local shop had to import US stocks at twice the price, they cost 150 bucks here).

I don't think they understocked for the switch tho. Most stores around says in a week or two it should prop up once more

Totally anecdotal, but I just checked my local Wal-Mart and they are out of everything switch and it's accessory related stuff.

Faiz

Decided to check a couple stores in the small town I work in on lunch. Wal-Mart surprisingly had a pro-controller, a couple copies of each game, about 10 grey joy con pairs. No systems.

Went to K-mart for the first time in years and they don't even have a proper electronics department anymore. Looked like a BigLots from a war torn country. It was weird.

Only other place in town is GameStop and lol at that possibility.

Will0827

In reference to my last post, had to pass because the shipping was going to be 50 atleast to nyc. The seller is based in Texas so any gaffers maybe able to take advantage not sure if we can post CL links, but it was found in the NYC CL section. Those who are in Texas give it a go the deal is amazing, not sure why i was asking.

Sephzilla

Decided to check a couple stores in the small town I work in on lunch. Wal-Mart surprisingly had a pro-controller, a couple copies of each game, about 10 grey joy con pairs. No systems.

Went to K-mart for the first time in years and they don't even have a proper electronics department anymore. Looked like a BigLots from a war torn country. It was weird.

Only other place in town is GameStop and lol at that possibility.

K-Marts are depressing as fuck these days. Walking into one is like time warping back to 1997, with an added level of sadness because of how barren half of them are.

Mega

Banned
In reference to my last post, had to pass because the shipping was going to be 50 atleast to nyc. The seller is based in Texas so any gaffers maybe able to take advantage not sure if we can post CL links, but it was found in the NYC CL section. Those who are in Texas give it a go the deal is amazing, not sure why i was asking.

Why would the seller be taking such a big loss on a sold out system that's in fairly high demand? System alone is going for his total asking price and yet he's offering: the system, 3 games, nice charging stand and 2 joycon controllers.

Seems like a ripoff to me.

Will0827

Why would the seller be taking such a big loss on a sold out system that's in fairly high demand? System alone is going for his total asking price and yet he's offering: the system, 3 games, nice charging stand and 2 joycon controllers.

Seems like a ripoff to me.

I was thinking that aswell, the rush of seeing a good deal almost won me over than the shipping cost of 50 bucks which still doesnt look bad but its out of what i can spend now. It would be crazy if it were true. And they had gotten so many that they are just looking to get rid of them.

Dalto11

I just wish Brickseek would report semi accurate stock numbers for Walmart stores :(. Seeing 6 listed as being at my local Walmart is such a tease when they definitely don't have any. But then again as soon as I see a number shift my ass is going straight there.

ignata

I just wish Brickseek would report semi accurate stock numbers for Walmart stores :(. Seeing 6 listed as being at my local Walmart is such a tease when they definitely don't have any. But then again as soon as I see a number shift my ass is going straight there.

Yeah, 6 seems to equal 0 with these Walmart numbers. Elsewhere, local Target numbers stock to be updating throughout the day. I stopped by one nearby on lunch just to look even thought it was listed as out of stock. An hour after lunch, they now show limited stock...d'oh. Might check after work now, but it could be too late.

FireRises

Craigslist results keep going up.

Now over 1000 for LA and over 500 for OC.

That's just desperate sellers. If you're gong to flip a new release console for profit, you have to do it the first week and fast, otherwise stock will eventually catch up and people who are thirsty will eventually chill out. I expect the prices to drop very quickly over the next few weeks.

Like an idiot decided just barely now that I wanted a Switch, looked all over major retailers and websites...

Sold out like hotcakes.

I don't mind waiting a week... But until April? Hell no.

Genocyber

The Zelda hype is so strong and it's making me so weak. I really don't have the disposable funds right now to pay out of pocket, hence the GS stuff, but man, sitting here with BotW and no way to play with nothing but boundless praise raining from the internet is breaking me down.

You must be strong though Zelda BotW is only one of the best games ever created.

Both Ebay and Craigslist are selling them at even higher prices than retail price...

And people are buying them!

THIS IS MADNESS.

By the end of the week I should have enough money to pull the trigger if I see a Switch in stock... now I just have to decide if I want Gray or Neon.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
For some reason I had the great idea of buying a Neon Switch post-launch even though I initially did not intend on buying one until Super Mario Odyssey ( or at least Mario Kart ) was out.

I found one new from a retailer online and was able to order without issue and now have myself a Switch.

The... problem... is that The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is nowhere to be found. I can't find it at any online retailers ( at least not new / at MSRP ) and my two local stores don't have it.

Actually, my two local stores don't have anything Switch right now, period. No Switch, no games, no accessories, no shelf space, period.

For some reason I had the great idea of buying a Neon Switch post-launch even though I initially did not intend on buying one until Super Mario Odyssey ( or at least Mario Kart ) was out.

I found one new from a retailer online and was able to order without issue and now have myself a Switch.

The... problem... is that The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is nowhere to be found. I can't find it at any online retailers ( at least not new / at MSRP ) and my two local stores don't have it.

Actually, my two local stores don't have anything Switch right now, period. No Switch, no games, no accessories, no shelf space, period.
I've seen BotW at every store I've been to.

Do you live in the US? Every online store has Zelda.

Futureman

I have Zelda but no Switch ha.

You could sell me yours at cost. Thanks.

Faiz

K-Marts are depressing as fuck these days. Walking into one is like time warping back to 1997, with an added level of sadness because of how barren half of them are.

The three that I used to frequent in my town have all closed in recent years and I don't know how that one stays open - the aforementioned Walmart is literally right next door. The parking lots are connected.

Firebrand

Where do you live? I guess there's always the eShop, that limited space though...

Man, I wouldn't even mind paying $100 extra to some seller on Amazon but delivery date being March 14-29th?

Uh, lol, no thanks.

Firebrand

Digital. It's the only way.

Most of my purchases on the 3DS were digital and I have to admit having so much stuff on there without having to swap cartridges is awesome. Unfortunately SD card sizes don't scale with the increased size of games on the Switch...

My wife is on board with helping me find one. Now the REAL hunt begins.
My wife came home from "grocery shopping" last night with a surprise Switch for me. She randomly called Target and they had ONE in stock. I had already come to terms with not playing Zelda for weeks.

#blest

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
My wife came home from "grocery shopping" last night with a surprise Switch for me. She randomly called Target and they had ONE in stock. I had already come to terms with not playing Zelda for weeks.

#blest

#blessed.
#jealous
#iwanttobeyou
#sad

Futureman

Man, I wouldn't even mind paying $100 extra to some seller on Amazon but delivery date being March 14-29th?

Uh, lol, no thanks.

I've seen Switches for less than $100 over retail in GAF's Buy/Sell/Trade topic.

There's one right now for $330 (though a few hours old...) and one with a small scratch on the Joy Con listed as "make me an offer."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom