• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I decided to rent Imagine: Babyz Fashion…

Come one guys you can't just say that you don't want it on X platform because you don't own it.

The game will be on whatever takes less time and effort, considering such a small group is on it so far.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
EmCeeGramr said:
"Dudebro, Mount Rushmore is under attack!"

"Nobody messes with the Prez Crew... Big G Washingtoke, Tommy Jeffersup, Abroham Linkin, and especially the Ruff Ryder Himself, T-Broosevelt, aka T-Bro, aka Bull T, aka Lil Ray-ray."
Late on quoting this one, but HOLEEEE SHIT at T-Broosevelt. :lol

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Okay, so this random chick Miranda comes over--and she informs me that she signed me and my baby up for the city's baby fashion contest. What kind of crazy person signs someone up for something WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION?

"Come on [player name], you're so good with baby fashion. You're not going to give up without trying, are you?" :lol

jts

...hate me...
cuyahoga said:
Okay, so this random chick Miranda comes over--and she informs me that she signed me and my baby up for the city's baby fashion contest. What kind of crazy person signs someone up for something WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION?

"Come on [player name], you're so good with baby fashion. You're not going to give up without trying, are you?" :lol
wtf u talkin about dawg

get yo shit straight

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
jts said:
wtf u talkin about dawg

get yo shit straight
Um, the topic of this thread--a game called Imagine: Babyz Fashion?

Urishizu

I have a suggestion if you guys end up going the 2D route. I wrote a game development toolkit a while back that may allow you to really easily get your art and some basic gameplay in fast to test your ideas if you want. No written programming required, and you could just import your assets pretty fast. I have a demo of it up on www.venatiocreo.com but I would be more than willing to lend a full version copy to whoever ends up heading this so you can make it quickly. I just figure it may be easier for prototyping than using flash or another more in-depth programming environment. PM me if you guys are interested.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I'm an unemployed attorney with no development skills whatsoever.

Let me know how I can help.

schuelma said:
I'm an unemployed attorney with no development skills whatsoever.

Let me know how I can help.

You should do a market research about sales of other brogames and predict the posibilities of this game to succeed!!

And don't forget console peasants, you can put the game on XNA too!!

schuelma

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
Naw bro, I'm the Dudebro's Attorney, granted I handle IP stuff, so maybe you can handle if the development team or a member smacks a ho down. :lol

I did clerk for a civil judge last year. Dudebro development team, meet your personal injury defense lawyer.

schuelma

Well that means you're most likely a hell of a lot better than me at drafting briefs. Where did you clerk?

trial level civil judge in NJ. Great experience for civil litigation.

Too bad I hate civil litigation!

Serious question- If this thread isn't about Bro culture and jokes then what makes Dudebro any different than Duke Nukem? I'm not trolling, it's just you gotta be consistent. This thread gained so much momentum because Dudebro was a dude that bro's want to be, so by definition you have to embrace the "bro" lifestyle. But now you guys are trying to just make him a parody of the badass/machoman character type with the witty one-liners and women falling at his feet and that's already been done a dozen times over.

You started with something original and now it's just become Duke Nukem with a hat and a beard:

Duke.jpg

Jocchan keeps saying I'm trolling this thread but for the first 15 pages or so I was totally behind the concept of Dudebro and thought it was hilarious. It's just that as this thread has trudged on you guys have lost focus of the initial appeal of Dudebro. This is a community meme and the only way it's going to stay funny for more than a week is if you let the community shape it. You can either have a game where people go "Oh hey it's that little game some Gaffers made, it's kinda funny" or you can have a game where they go "Holy shit, Natty Ice health packs, that was my idea!".

I see a lot of funny material posted here and I see you guys turning it down because it doesn't match "the creators" image of Dudebro- well, that's fine, you five guys PM or email each other and make your game, but let the rest of NeoGAF have fun with our Dudebro.

schuelma said:
trial level civil judge in NJ. Great experience for civil litigation.

Too bad I hate civil litigation!

No shit, I actually go to Seton Hall Law. Hell, I'm leaving now to go there to work on a Digital Entertainment Take Home Exam. :lol

I'm not a fan of Civil Litigation, honestly I'd be happy never having to go inside a courtroom, even though I love debating and such.

schuelma

No shit, I actually go to Seton Hall Law. Hell, I'm leaving now to go there to work on a Digital Entertainment Take Home Exam. :lol

I'm not a fan of Civil Litigation, honestly I'd be happy never having to go inside a courtroom, even though I love debating and such.

:lol :lol

Spring 2008 Seton Hall Law grad.

Small world..good luck with the job hunt if you don't already have something lined up. Its brutal right now.

Mik2121

BuddhaRockstar said:
Serious question- If this thread isn't about Bro culture and jokes then what makes Dudebro any different than Duke Nukem? I'm not trolling, it's just you gotta be consistent. This thread gained so much momentum because Dudebro was a dude that bro's want to be, so by definition you have to embrace the "bro" lifestyle. But now you guys are trying to just make him a parody of the badass/machoman character type with the witty one-liners and women falling at his feet and that's already been done a dozen times over.

You started with something original and now it's just become Duke Nukem with a hat and a beard:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/ericforever/Duke.jpg[IMG]

Jocchan keeps saying I'm trolling this thread but for the first 15 pages or so I was totally behind the concept of Dudebro and thought it was hilarious. It's just that as this thread has trudged on you guys have lost focus of the initial appeal of Dudebro. This is a community meme and the only way it's going to stay funny for more than a week is if you let the community shape it. You can either have a game where people go "Oh hey it's that little game some Gaffers made, it's kinda funny" or you can have a game where they go "Holy shit, Natty Ice health packs, that was my idea!".

I see a lot of funny material posted here and I see you guys turning it down because it doesn't match "the creators" image of Dudebro- well, that's fine, you five guys PM or email each other and make your game, but let the rest of NeoGAF have fun with our Dudebro.[/QUOTE]

Not true at all. For example, when I said some stuff was going way too over-the-top, it was for things like the beard having a knife and lighter and other stuff. It's a funny concept, but it just isn't viable for a game.

But Natty Ice health packs? Things like that now sound quite doable and in fact need to be in the game :P

schuelma said:
:lol :lol

Spring 2008 Seton Hall Law grad.

Small world..good luck with the job hunt if you don't already have something lined up. Its brutal right now.

Yeah, I'm still looking for jobs. It sucks to have to balance school, NY Bar Prep, and job hunting, but I have a few leads.

Anyhow have any favorite professors or least favorite? I graduate (hopefully :lol ) in Spring 2010, but I'm just wondering if we had any of the same horrors or good profs?

schuelma

Yeah, I'm still looking for jobs. It sucks to have to balance school, NY Bar Prep, and job hunting, but I have a few leads.

Anyhow have any favorite professors or least favorite? I graduate (hopefully :lol ) in Spring 2010, but I'm just wondering if we had any of the same horrors or good profs?

I liked most of my Profs. Barnes, Azmy, Cornwell and Baroni were some that stood out.

Had Franzese 1st year and wasn't much of a fan.

2 worst were Poirier and Luebben.

schuelma said:
I liked most of my Profs. Barnes, Azmy, Cornwell and Baroni were some that stood out.

Had Franzese 1st year and wasn't much of a fan.

2 worst were Poirier and Luebben.

Out of those I only had Cornwell. I had Baroni for Election Law but I switched out for scheduling reasons, seemed like a cool guy.

Franzese actually teaches Barbri's NY class. I went there for a preview for property I think. She's not bad, but is a bit to perky for my taste.

Leubeen for some reason sounds familiar, but I'm not sure from what.

jts

...hate me...
Dudebro should have a terrible secret which would only be revealed by the end of the game...
he is gay.

Think about it... no other game portraying a MANLY MAN pulled that one (I think). It would be an excellent parody and hilarity would ensue.

At the same time it would represent the idea that being the MANLIEST MAN ON EARTH and gay are not incompatible things, so there you go, educational stuff and a message! w00t!

Of course, that doesn't mean he wouldn't have bikini chicks all around him, as they are extremelly attracted by his manliness, and he isn't repulsed by them either. But his true love... is bro love.

:lol

Is there any chance the beard is going to be remodelled from the hastily created one? It looks all kinds of fucked up, like some kind of chin tumour gone nuclear.

schuelma

Out of those I only had Cornwell. I had Baroni for Election Law but I switched out for scheduling reasons, seemed like a cool guy.

Franzese actually teaches Barbri's NY class. I went there for a preview for property I think. She's not bad, but is a bit to perky for my taste.

Leubeen for some reason sounds familiar, but I'm not sure from what.

Cornwell was great, I actually was a RA for him during the summer of my 1st year.

Luebben was my BA Prof. Total dick.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Mik2121 said:
Not true at all. For example, when I said some stuff was going way too over-the-top, it was for things like the beard having a knife and lighter and other stuff. It's a funny concept, but it just isn't viable for a game.

But Natty Ice health packs? Things like that now sound quite doable and in fact need to be in the game :p
The only idea I think it actively, straight up bad from this thread is the prefixing of literally everything with bro. Its funny for a while, but it gets old really fast.
Pretty much everything in here has been great.

shaowebb

Everyone likes Wolverines retractable claws right?
How about for a weapon you make a pair of gloves with a retractable weapon in them.

The catch is they dont have claws that extend out like Wolverine but the have another pair of RETRACTABLE FISTS.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
BuddhaRockstar said:

Duke.jpg

I see a lot of funny material posted here and I see you guys turning it down because it doesn't match "the creators" image of Dudebro- well, that's fine, you five guys PM or email each other and make your game, but let the rest of NeoGAF have fun with our Dudebro.
Cool 'shop bro.

ZAK

BuddhaRockstar said:
Sir, I believe you've missed the point entirely.

I mean, uuh, bro. Dawg. Woof.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm not joking when I say I've read every single post in this thread (and continue to). It's hard for a script to take shape properly when several people are working on it at different geographical locations. What I want to do is write the story I have in my mind, and constantly mine the thread for great ideas, implementing them in ways that fit.

Buddha, it sounds like more than anything, your issue is with my writing, is it not? Jocchan is just doing art, and Mik is doing modeling.

I think the difference is in the dialogue (very much built around the CULTURE of dudes and bros, and not necessarily the puns), and in the inanity of the plot. I want to post more of what I've been writing, but I want to present it in a way that will give people a better idea of what it's going to be like. This is STILL a GAF community game, and I want to make sure that GAF feels like it still belongs to them. I love all the ideas coming in, and I'm not going to ignore the thread. That would just be stupid.

Any project of any kind is going to have naysayers, but what I want you to do is just sit back, relax, and wait for a bit. Jocchan and I have some stuff in store, and hopefully you'll like what we show soon. :) (If you don't, feel free to rip us a new one)

jts said:
Dudebro should have a terrible secret which would only be revealed by the end of the game...
he is gay.

Think about it... no other game portraying a MANLY MAN pulled that one (I think). It would be an excellent parody and hilarity would ensue.

At the same time it would represent the idea that being the MANLIEST MAN ON EARTH and gay are not incompatible things, so there you go, educational stuff and a message! w00t!

Of course, that doesn't mean he wouldn't have bikini chicks all around him, as they are extremelly attracted by his manliness, and he isn't repulsed by them either. But his true love... is bro love.

:lol

I think without ever outright saying he is gay, we could definitely have him toss his babes in favor of true bro love....the purest love of all. :lol

oh my god this thread is amazing. 30 pages full of amazing. i should have gone to sleep 4 hours ago. who woulda thunk imagine babiez would spawn DUDEBRO?

its funny coz at about 4 pages i was like holy shit i want to make this into a game so i opened writer and then skipped to page 30 and realised you all had the same idea as me :lol

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Mik, I don't want your models to go to waste.

My personal preference would be:

1) Do the cutscenes in 16-bit art

and

2) the characters in the game would be prerendered polygonal models. You definitely get that cheesy 90's action game look that way.

I'm not too sure. I've been mucking about with SDL and C++ for a while but I'm not very confident in either. I'd be happy to pursue a side-project away from the main one though, and post milestones and that sort of thing.

Edit: i actually just realised my idea was contra. but bearded.

Twig

Banned
I was planning to make a Christmas-themed avatar, but this thread inspired me to do otherwise.

ludwigTOMBAD.gif

Goodbye Ludwig von Tomba!

ludwig.gif

That shit is old hat.

ludwigDUDEBRODv2.gif

Say hello to Ludwig von Dudebro.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
A couple things...

I believe thetrin said he'd create the official Dudebro OP, so it's up to him for that. LOL BEATEN

As far as using Natty Ice health packs, it's a great idea but we'll need to change the name a bit (Cratty Ice?) to avoid infringing on copyrights. (Or would it be trademarks? grrrraaaah)

omg rite said:
... Why is this 30 pages?

Recap, please.

Updated version of The Story So Far, for those just jumping into the thread:

• Cuyahoga makes thread about Imagine: Babiez Fashion, posts one blurry pic and no impressions
  • Arpharmd B accuses Cuyahoga of being a pedophile
  • Cuyahoga asks Arpharmd B if he's a pedophile just because he isn't playing "Dudebro: My Shit Is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time", a title he made up on the spot
  • A couple posters quote Cuyahoga's made-up title and note that it sounds like a fun game
  • A few photoshops of a theoretical Dudebro game appear
  • Jocchan and thetrin start taking it more seriously, writing scripts and sketching character designs
  • Mik2121 creates a 3D model of Dudebro in Zbrush
  • Danthrax sets up a Twitter account and buys www.dudebro2.com which redirects to a teaser site hosted on Jocchan's server
  • V_Ben emerges as the definitive voice actor for Dudebro and Dudebro's sidekick Chicken
  • Manos The Hands of Fate emerges as the project's IP lawyer
  • Various posters discuss the merits of bro-related puns
  • Everyone debates what genre and platform the game should be on

And here we are.

It's only 15 pages long, BTW =P

Twig

Banned
re:
Danthrax said:
Everyone debates what genre and platform the game should be on
I don't see why there can't be multiple games. The people who wants specific genres can work on those games.

I mean, it's important that the central idea be finalized, but if I wanted to go off and make, say, Final Brontasy, I don't think that's inappropriate.

Like I said earlier in the thread, I would love to contribute in some fashion. I have little experience in making games. I've started a few projects on my own but never finished one. I always get distracted by more important things. ):

But whatever I can do to help, I will. And also like I said earlier, I might just go off and make a little side game as a hobby project for myself and then post it for all to ridicule.

Also, for the record: I like Jocchan and thetrin's current ideas. I support them in their endeavor.

EDIT: I MEAN UH

BRO

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
And with that, we return the thread back to you and your Imagine: Babiez Fashion impressions, Cuyahoga. Good luck and Godspeed.

TheOneGuy said:
re:

I don't see why there can't be multiple games. The people who wants specific genres can work on those games.

I mean, it's important that the central idea be finalized, but if I wanted to go off and make, say, Final Brontasy, I don't think that's inappropriate.

Like I said earlier in the thread, I would love to contribute in some fashion. I have little experience in making games. I've started a few projects on my own but never finished one. I always get distracted by more important things. ):

But whatever I can do to help, I will. And also like I said earlier, I might just go off and make a little side game as a hobby project for myself and then post it for all to ridicule.

Also, for the record: I like Jocchan and thetrin's current ideas. I support them in their endeavor.

EDIT: I MEAN UH

BRO

Yeah I don't see a problem with making multiple games at the same time either, but I think the idea is that we should pool our talents to make sure at least ONE game is completed before worrying about other ones.

KanZolo

Among all this not sure if I missed soft drink/slurpee tie-ins...

Mountain Dew: BroBerry

Mountain Dew: Shoot/Slice-Strawberry/Star Fruit

Mountain Dew: Dawg Time Tangerine

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
cooljeanius said:
So if we mention Ubisoft and use "™"s for it, we should be okay, right? Who's our lawyer again?

no

don't use it at all

Manos The Hands of Fate and schuelma are our lawyers

Top Bottom