• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I just went on my girlfriends ipad....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardenyal

Yeah the feeling you get is hard to describe, it just felt like I went a bit lightheaded and my stomach turned abit.

Almost like it wasn't real.

I defintely don't feel as angry now, still a bit all over the place as everything just feels like it's up in the air still.

We've not really spoken, I've not heard from her, and I still need to find out where I stand with regards to withdrawing from my tenancy agreement.

Just wait till you get to the "what if i had done this or that differently..."

Still catching up, but imo you're acting petty and immature by pushing this for later. You should tell her in a clear voice that the relationship is over, why it's over, and that she should leave immediately, and can get her stuff at a later time. You need your space and you want her gone. That's it and it's over.

It's really hard to respect here if you already know it's over. There's no obligations - you have no children. So this just comes across as cowardice even if you don't mean it.

OCD Guy

Not to marginalize the moment for you, but if that's really your picture making the rounds on this thread, you're going to be a-okay on the dating/relationship scene.

Still, sorry you went through it.

Fuck!!! That's the OP!?!?!? Dude you gonna get the V in the quickness

Thanks for the compliments, yeah they're pictures I posted ages ago on a neogaf thread here.

I wish I got as much attention as some of you think. I remember being rated a 5 or 6 by people on that thread lol. I forget the posters that were doing it, but one in particular was rating some real good looking people 3 and 4's. I'm sure he was pulling numbers out of his ass.

Oh and update (was sent about 10 mins ago, not really been looking at my phone, it's now nearly 2:30am so I can't be bothered to talk.

0245a6de34.jpg

i just know that's what she wants, I know she'll want to try and make it up to me and just brush everything under the carpet, she goes really mad and then tries being all sweet like nothings happened.

Obviously we've not had anything like this happen, but I mean that's how she reacts in arguments.

You just can't let it worry you too much, if they were planning on cheating they'll end up doing it regardless of what you could have done. It'll just get you one step closer to an ideal mate in the long run.

Cheating is kind of like a Schrodinger's cat type situation I suppose if you think about it.

Edit: Just saw the picture of OP floating around in here... You're one good looking dude! You'll be alright.

OCD Guy

Still catching up, but imo you're acting petty and immature by pushing this for later. You should tell her in a clear voice that the relationship is over, why it's over, and that she should leave immediately, and can get her stuff at a later time. You need your space and you want her gone. That's it and it's over.

It's really hard to respect here if you already know it's over. There's no obligations - you have no children. So this just comes across as cowardice even if you don't mean it.

That's not what's happened though.

I tried bringing it up earlier as I couldn't hold it in, even though I wanted to.

Just wait till you get to the "what if i had done this or that differently..."

I've already had those sorts of thoughts, wondering what I've done, and trying to think back of what could have triggered it, the thing is I'll never really know and all I'm going to do is go insane trying to find answers to questions I'll never know.
She just put a guard up and then walked away (and eventually left the flat)

i just know that's what she wants, I know she'll want to try and make it up to me and just brush everything under the carpet, she goes really mad and then tries being all sweet like nothings happened.

Obviously we've not had anything like this happen, but I mean that's how she reacts in arguments.

Nah, make like Christian and bail.

Fj0823

Thanks for the compliments, yeah they're pictures I posted ages ago on a neogaf thread here.

I wish I got as much attention as some of you think. I remember being rated a 5 or 6 by people on that thread lol. I forget the posters that were doing it, but one in particular was rating some real good looking people 3 and 4's. I'm sure he was pulling numbers out of his ass.

Oh and update (was sent about 10 mins ago, not really been looking at my phone, it's now nearly 2:30am so I can't be bothered to talk.

0245a6de34.jpg

Talk to her.

She was an ass to you, but let her explain herself.

I believe in second chances, you might find she deserves one.

Or you will just be more confident with your decision to get the fuck outta there

OCD Guy

Catching up now. Oh shit, you told her? This thread is huge. Catching up dude.

Yeah I didn't want to, but seeing her pick that ipad up and sitting there smiling just made me react.

Again it just proved why I didn't want to bring it up, I knew it wouldn't change anything for the better. I was expecting more of a reaction though, she normally shouts a lot more, and doesn't walk away, if anything she's normally like a dog with a bone, she doesn't stop until she "wins".

That's why (as I mentioned way back in the thread) I tend to not really argue, and often just leave her to it, as the arguments escalate over little things.

So it had been a while since we had argued, but that was mostly down to me never saying anything.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english

0245a6de34.jpg

If possible, only talk to her in person.

0245a6de34.jpg

I wouldn't text back.

Ravek

Banned

This. Text will only fuck it up more. But honestly dude, you just need to rip this band aid off. You're prolonging something that is going to happen regardless if you want it to or not, regardless if you agree/see the point or don't.

It's gonna suck but you'll
eventually
be okay.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Do not do this shit over text. Nothing. Its extremely easy for a person to drop out of the convo via text and not have a true blue conversation that isn't just about getting what they want. Only in person. Its also hilarious how ballsy SOs can be over text but not in person, things tend to escalate when you're looking into the eyes of the one you're arguing with.

Ardenyal

Yeah I didn't want to, but seeing her pick that ipad up and sitting there smiling just made me react.

Again it just proved why I didn't want to bring it up, I knew it wouldn't change anything for the better. I was expecting more of a reaction though, she normally shouts a lot more, and doesn't walk away, if anything she's normally like a dog with a bone, she doesn't stop until she "wins".

That's why (as I mentioned way back in the thread) I tend to not really argue, and often just leave her to it, as the arguments escalate over little things.

So it had been a while since we had argued, but that was mostly down to me never saying anything.

You said you don't have a lot of confidence. Her dominant behaviour might be related to that.

I would do this. Texting let's people dress their words all nice like, I fink.

She's not trying to salvage the relationship. She's trying to win the breakup.

She'll go supersweet and then a) rage against you for breaking up with her "for no reason" or "mistakes she made in the past", or b) she'll get back together so she can dump you properly over some arbitrary slight in two weeks.

Nephtis

She's not trying to salvage the relationship. She's trying to win the breakup.

She'll go supersweet and then a) rage against you for breaking up with her "for no reason" or "mistakes she made in the past", or b) she'll get back together so she can dump you properly over some arbitrary slight in two weeks.

Yeah, pretty much.

OP I hope you find out how you can get out of the lease. In the meantime do take everything valuable that belongs to you out of the apt.

Dommo

Everyone's different, but I don't necessarily agree with this, OP. Bringing things up, discussing things, even arguing, isn't necessarily going to result in a different physical outcome, but it can often bring clarity, understanding and closure to a situation. Don't you have any desire to unwrap this seemingly perplexing choices your GF made? I'd want to figure out what went wrong, why she made the decisions she made etc.

That isn't to say she isn't 100% in the wrong, nor will (nor should) any discussion result in a reunion, but it would definitely pick at my brain if I didn't know what really happened and what knowledge I need to make the right decisions in the future.

Obviously you don't need to do any of this now, but just think about it. I think it's wholly cathartic and helpful to gain that kind of closure. Good luck. Sorry about the tough situation.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
So here is the run down for people
  • OP Has a 55" OLED TV and High End Gaming PC.
  • OP Co-rents a property with his cock hungry GF
  • OP casually uses the iPad and once he unlocks it he sees a conversation in which the GF has been getting dick picks from another guy and suggesting she wants to bounce on it.
  • OP Diligently saves the conversation and emails himself.
  • GAF spends an entire work day and 28 pages giving mostly great advice on how to deal with the situation
  • OP Comes up with a plan to start removing his expensive items from the property during the day tomorrow before GF returns home at which point he will confront her using GAF's sages advice
  • GF comes home and quickly grabs the iPad so she cant slyly see some more strange salami.
  • OP Is overcome with rage and quips the timeless words "fancy seeing some more dick?"
  • GF freaks the fuck out and retorts "OH MY GOD, WHAT IS YOUR FUCKIN PROBLEM"
  • GF runs to bathroom to contemplate how badly she fucked up (and/or) get some more of that big ass motobike dick
  • OP talks to a door for a bit
  • GF comes out of bathroom and pushes OP out the way and leaves
  • OP is now alone
  • GF is out in the wild, maybe getting taken to O town by Big Dig Mcgee.
  • A NEW PLAYER HAS ENTERED THE GAME - GF's friend sends OP the eloquently worded prose ""Who do u fink u r goin dwn her stuff u cunt""
  • GF is seemingly staying with a local friend and spinning the story her way

Additional Material
  • Who do u fink u r goin dwn her stuff u cunt"" translates as "Who do you think you are going down her stuff like that you cunt" Not common parlance but basically means "How dare you read her private messages like that"
  • OP's GF is a typical "Essex's Girl" by all accounts. Example

Also it turns out OP has nothing to worry about as the gods carved him from pure sexy

image.jpg

6eElHXY.jpg

That's a really shitty situation but at least the OP found out about it.

OCD Guy

I wouldn't text back.

This. Text will only fuck it up more. But honestly dude, you just need to rip this band aid off. You're prolonging something that is going to happen regardless if you want it to or not, regardless if you agree/see the point or don't.

It's gonna suck but you'll
eventually
be okay.

Do not do this shit over text. Nothing. Its extremely easy for a person to drop out of the convo via text and not have a true blue conversation that isn't just about getting what they want. Only in person. Its also hilarious how ballsy SOs can be over text but not in person, things tend to escalate when you're looking into the eyes of the one you're arguing with.

Oh yeah I'm defintely not going to have that sort of conversation over text, I've had a missed call too.

I think as it stands now it's best to avoid contact at 2:45 am. She knows I've got work so should be in bed, obviously with what's happened I'm not even in the mood to sleep.

You said you don't have a lot of confidence. Her behaviour might be related to that.

It could be, although we knew each other before, and she knew what I was like.

Also my insecurities were never an issue, most people actually think I'm arrogant in real life, which couldn't be further from the truth.

If I was to tell someone I wasn't confident they would think I was talking shit. I'm outgoing in that I'll talk to anyone, but I'm insecure about certain superficial things.

I would do away with her, OP. Something similar to this will more than than likely happen again, if you don't.

There's no doubt in my mind that we're done. I'd always be paranoid now every time she picked up her phone or ipad, and I don't want to start having to go mad inside with thoughts eating away every time as to what she's doing.

OCD Guy

Everyone's different, but I don't necessarily agree with this, OP. Bringing things up, discussing things, even arguing, isn't necessarily going to result in a different physical outcome, but it can often bring clarity, understanding and closure to a situation. Don't you have any desire to unwrap this seemingly perplexing choices your GF made? I'd want to figure out what went wrong, why she made the decisions she made etc.

That isn't to say she isn't 100% in the wrong, nor will (nor should it) any discussion result in a reunion, but it would definitely pick at my brain if I didn't know what really happened and what knowledge I need to make the right decisions in the future.

Obviously you don't need to do any of this now, but just think about it. I think it's wholly cathartic and helpful to gain that kind of closure. Good luck. Sorry about the tough situation.

In an ideal world I would love to know exactly why she done what she did, and what if anything I did to perhaps make her do it.

But I don't believe I'll ever really know the truth, and real reasons she's done what she did.

I'd also like to know if she's done anything else, with anyone else, but chances are she's not going to be honest about that. She;ll want to do damage control, and likely only admit to what i know, not start giving me more ammo.

Man OP. I've been with you since Page 5 and this is tough to see happening to a cool dude like you. Please keep us updated bro.

Please make plans to get your parents to come over tomorrow to guard your shit lol

OCD Guy

OP is not only sexy but a very reasonable and level headed guy.

You're good OP,in more ways than one.

Thanks for the kind words.

Don't go to work tomorrow. Stay in your place and be sure she doesn't mess it up.

I can't just not go, especially as it was my day off today, or rather yesterday.

Plan of action is call the lettings agent, and speak to parents to ask them to collect the bulk of my stuff.

I've got to just unplug a few things, and sort of stack them up, and obviously pile my clothes up.

I just haven't done anything at all. i've spent my evening on the laptop, I've not even fired up the PS4 which is a big surprise.

I can't just not go, especially as it was my day off today, or rather yesterday.

Plan of action is call the lettings agent, and speak to parents to ask them to collect the bulk of my stuff.

I've got to just unplug a few things, and sort of stack them up, and obviously pile my clothes up.

I just haven't done anything at all. i've spent my evening on the laptop, I've not even fired up the PS4 which is a big surprise.
As long as the OLED is safe

Agreed. Having to respond on the spot, face to face, is usually more satisfying because you can catch them out on their bullshit excuses. They don't have time to contemplate a response by text message. The conversation is quick and to the point. Make her squirm as you ask all the uncomfortable questions that will make her feel like shit. You fucked up -- now own it like an adult.

Sorry you had to go through this dude. LOL @ those telling him to give her a second chance. His girl was having an explicit conversation with some guy to the extent of him sending pics of his junk. That right there is the behavior of someone who is a cheater. May have dodged a bullet before she actually had sex with another guy and put you at risk for an STI. You never know, dude.

dsk1210

You can take the day off and should. You just phone and tell them you have a personal problem that you need to deal with and will be in the next day. It's that fucking simple.

I guarantee that your stuff is fucked up if you leave that house empty.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA

Confronting her tonight was the right thing to do. I don't think I would have used your opening salvo, but she knows you know. It's her fault she acted like a child and ran away. You gave her the chance to talk it out like a reasonable adult. Now she can fucking wait until you get some sleep and talk in person tomorrow, after you've talked to the landlord.

Now get off GAF and get some rest man. Take a sleeping pill of you have to.

Dommo

In an ideal world I would love to know exactly why she done what she did, and what if anything I did to perhaps make her do it.

But I don't believe I'll ever really know the truth, and real reasons she's done what she did.

I'd also like to know if she's done anything else, with anyone else, but chances are she's not going to be honest about that. She;ll want to do damage control, and likely only admit to what i know, not start giving me more ammo.

Yeah, you probably won't ever know the whole truth, especially with how you're describing her, but it's worth gathering as much of it as you can for your own peace. It seems like you already understand that, so that's cool. I would definitely try to have as in-depth discussion as possible, not for the relationship's sake, but for your own closure.

OCD you could easily go apeshit if you wanted but the fact that you are not acting irrationally shows that you will be the one to brush this off and be able to move on to bigger and better things.

Randomizer

This is slow for gaf though no? I'm sure I've seen a few threads that move even faster.

Yeah maybe an E3 thread or a OT for a newly hyped game everyone is playing lol. For an OT thread that isn't about a huge celebrity death it's a pretty big thread.

Holy fucking shit!

I went to sleep halfway page 9, and wake up to this, page 62.
Damn, I have a lot of reading to do.
Hope Mandrake shows up for an epic summary and Sunhilegend for an epic gif.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom