• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, is Lost worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
its a pitty i cannot stand the cast in Fringe. I wanted to love it so much.

fringe-jackson12_400x400.jpg

God gave man a fist just to punch that face.

Fry

Fringe, easily.

I stopped around the end of season three. Not because I wasn't enjoying it, I was trying to get into another shows, and I didn't have the time to watch all of them.

Should I get back to it? Am I missing much?

Tesseract

Banned
jack is going to ask you a very important question at the end of season 3. don't listen to him. don't say yes.

quit after season 3.

Solo

I stopped around the end of season three. Not because I wasn't enjoying it, I was trying to get into another shows, and I didn't have the time to watch all of them.

Should I get back to it? Am I missing much?

The first third of S4 was kind of "off" but the show is back in fine form now. Definitely pick it back up - its the final season after all.

Kurdel

Banned
Everytime I see this thread title I Find myself thinking "NO!".

Everytime.

It doesn't help telling you guys this, but just want to make sure you know what you are doing to me.

TheContact

I started watching it back in 2004 and was hooked ever since. Still have a lot of memories about of a lot of themes in that show. It was truly unbelievably popular at the time. Now, in 2012, I'm watching it all over again from the beginning and I'm highly enjoying it. I had forgotten a lot, since it's 6 seasons deep and pretty complicated, but definitely watch this show! If am very jealous that you haven't watched it yet because I wish I could erase my memory and watch it all over again with a fresh mind.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Did Netflix just take the series down? just as I was starting to enjoy it at Ep 4...

What.. the fuck

TheContact

Did Netflix just take the series down? just as I was starting to enjoy it at Ep 4...

What.. the fuck

Looks like it...website says only available in DVD and Blu-ray now and it's not in my instant at all. Serious BS. I thought NetFlix renewed their partnership with ABC back in Oct'11

Dany

Banned
The Constant
Walkabout
Ab Ateirno
Season 3 finale
Season 4 finale
?
Lockdown

I can go on to list all of the episodes but I won't. There is more good than bad with this show.

TheContact

I called NetFlix and they said it is a technical issue. They said anywhere between 2 minutes to 2 hours it should be back. It's not just Lost I guess.

bud

The Constant
Walkabout
Ab Ateirno
Season 3 finale
Season 4 finale
?
Lockdown

I can go on to list all of the episodes but I won't. There is more good than bad with this show.

none of those episodes are as great and moving as "stranger in a strange land."

Cipherr

This is what I'd call a great scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoAJkS2Cfpo

Doesnt work if the watcher doesnt have the context of the episode and Des and Penelopes characters story lines. But yeah The Constant was just extremely great television.

What.. the fuck

You have failed at Marathonning. Did you at least get to see episode 4? That one is Walkabout I believe, the one centered around John Locke, and one of the best episodes of the season.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Doesnt work if the watcher doesnt have the context of the episode and Des and Penelopes characters story lines. But yeah The Constant was just extremely great television.

You have failed at Marathonning. Did you at least get to see episode 4? That one is Walkabout I believe, the one centered around John Locke, and one of the best episodes of the season.

Can't marathon it :p, limited time to be honest. I can watch perhaps 2 episodes a day and that's tops.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
LOST is like an all-you-can-eat buffet. You anticipate it greatly, you enjoy the experience, but the more time that has passed since it, the more you are disgusted with what transpired.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I love that this thread is still churning out new posts. Lost appreciation and love is endearing.

Tetra-9

Hola GAF, I'm at the halfway mark of s4 please convice me to keep going...

I very much enjoyed s1-2 and was hyped for s3 but it left me... annoyed... And s4 is retarded so far and is getting super unbelievable. Is there any benefit to finishing?

gdt

Hola GAF, I'm at the halfway mark of s4 please convice me to keep going...

I very much enjoyed s1-2 and was hyped for s3 but it left me... annoyed... And s4 is retarded so far and is getting super unbelievable. Is there any benefit to finishing?

Hah, if S4 is too unbelievable, bail out now.

teiresias

LOST is like an all-you-can-eat buffet. You anticipate it greatly, you enjoy the experience, but the more time that has passed since it, the more you are disgusted with what transpired.

I agree. I still can't get myself to buy the last season on Blu-Ray because it was all handled so horribly. I sort of pretend the show ended at S4 and select episodes of S5 make up a finale mini-series movie.

Jacob's a douche.

Bumping this thread since I'm watching it again from the start. I don't feel this way about it. I just watched the pilot again and I was reminded of one simple thing: I did not get into this show simply for the weird shit factor. The first 15 minutes of the pilot are just fucking phenomenal, especially looking at it with the eyes of a veteran who knows what happens to everyone in the end.

This show has a weird capacity to make me like its characters. Most characters on most shows are fucking horrible. You watch Breaking Bad and you probably hate everyone who isn't Walt or Gus. You watch Fringe and you hate everyone who isn't Walter. You watch Alcatraz and you hate everyone. You watch House and you hate everyone who isn't House. I can go on and on about the weaknesses in supporting casts of most shows, but Lost manages to have a very solid group of about 5 or 6 interesting characters. It has its bad ones, certainly, but it does something that most shows DON'T do: it kills them off.

It draws you in with a shocking human story, a focus on characters, not on weird shit, and then takes you on this wacky journey through all kinds of shit. Fringe is a weird shit show. Alcatraz is a weird shit show. Lost is a character show with weird shit in it. People don't like how it ended. People don't like the turns that it takes past season 3. Looking at the ending in the right way, it is actually somewhat satisfying. Not as good as it could have been, certainly, but I don't think they were ever going to satisfy what this show's community grew into.

Simultaneously its greatest strength and its greatest weakness was the weird, occult following that grew around it. It gave the show a great conversational presence when it was airing, but it also created a massive hype train that was never going to be satisfied. Watch it with the right expectations and look for the right things and it is still a phenomenal experience.

Pretty much. Amazing 1st Season, and overall amazing characters throughout the whole show... but the most retarded excuse for a story ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom