• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, it seems GAF was partially responsible for Linkle west popularity

Kazerei

Banned
30+ posts and not a single one links the original interview.

Linking his quote to the GAF thread when no original url was present is a bit disingenuous, given the mild 10 page response it had. In some very small way, sure, but partially responsible is a stretch.

Yeah I'd say the response to Linkle has been tepid, but the idea of a playable female Link has GAF going crazy.

Aonuma: That was Link in the Wii U Zelda trailer, denies 'female' rumors

Nintendo explains why you can't play as a woman in Zelda: Tri Force Heroes

Sorry Nintendo, we've decided that Link is officially a girl

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
well, that tumblr didn't reach 10 pages worth of comments talking about her :p

neither did GAF

if9MyQT.jpg

Nia

Hopefully Aonuma doesn't start listening to the fans too much. That would be a death knell for this franchise.

Nyoro SF

The tweet from Nintendo of America which revealed her has over 10,000 retweets; I'm sure that's a top 3 tweet from that account, which by all accounts is rather incredible given the reach it has.

Savitar

I'm alright with having a male or female selection for Zelda games.

But knowing Nintendo they stick so tight to their formulas they'll take some prying to get that to happen.

Wagram

Change her name to Link and let her star in a Zelda mainline. No reason to shoe horn her in as a side character.

Nia

Playable female character = first step towards the total annhialiation of the franchise? :O

Most of the characters I play in Hyrule Warriors are female, and playing as Medli was one of my favorite moments in The Wind Waker, so no. Speaking of Medli, I'd prefer her over Linkle any day.

Change her name to Link and let her star in a Zelda mainline. No reason to shoe horn her in as a side character.

Or make a game based on Zelda who is an interesting and awesome character in her own right. I don't get the obsession with merely changing link while ignoring established characters.

Volotaire

30+ posts and not a single one links the original interview.

Linking his quote to the GAF thread when no original url was present is a bit disingenuous, given the mild 10 page response it had. In some very small way, sure, but partially responsible is a stretch.

Oh, thanks. I thought the OP quote link was mentioned in the interview.

Dunkley

I remember tweeting to Nintendo about female Link.

They never replied or gave me any sort of acknowledgement but I think that was because they saw my tweet and immediately started creating Linkle in reaction to the feedback they got from me.

You can thank me later GAF.

Menchi

Or make a game based on Zelda who is an interesting and awesome character in her own right. I don't get the obsession with merely changing link while ignoring established characters.

I'd much prefer this. Zelda would be just awesome to play as and FAR more interesting than just The Hero of Time as a girl

If it does come to Linkle being in a mainline game, then at least give the choice to choose gender.

Top Bottom