• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

so many games getting the remake treatment , i think legacy of kain deserves it too

samoilaaa

it looks like max payne 1,2 are getting a remake , final fantasy 7 got one , splinter cell and prince of persia too , please someone make remakes for the legacy of kain games , the story is amazing , the characters are so well written , and that world/univers would look amazing in UE5
please make it happen

samoilaaa

Here it's a list of the next 4 big game remakes:

everything that ive seen from the dead space remake looks amazing , you can tell that they are fans of the game , i wanted to play the 2008 game but the remake got announced so im just gonna wait to enjoy it the right way :)

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Animated GIF

Amornalx

Banned
everything that ive seen from the dead space remake looks amazing , you can tell that they are fans of the game , i wanted to play the 2008 game but the remake got announced so im just gonna wait to enjoy it the right way :)
Yeah, in fact, im only worried about splinter cell remake.

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
There isn't a rumour that such remake is already in the works?

However, isn't legacy of kain highly reliant on the ending of blood omen?

Square Enix holds the rights afaik so thats never going to happen.
What are you talking about? Square enix is probably the most remake friendly companies out there. They made shit ton of remakes, has like 6 already announced and on going.
Hell, they even officially recognize the fan remaster of Deus ex and put on their steam page.

What the hell made you say that?

Fbh

Yeah I'm not one to usually want remakes but a Soul Reaver remake would be amazing

Last edited:

Banned
Remake Soul Reaver 1 and 2 into a single game, and then Blood Omen 1 and 2 as well.

would be an amazing set-up for sequels... and we can just retcon Defiance

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I actually saw my copy in my gaming collection yesterday which sent me back to back then.

Game was a masterpiece and not having a modern version is criminal.

ACESHIGH

Banned
The gaming industry doesn't have the taste or balls to put together a remake that would make this series justice.

It would end up being assassin's creed nosgoth on the best case scenario. And a survival/crafting/early access/gaas at worst

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I actually saw my copy in my gaming collection yesterday which sent me back to back then.

Game was a masterpiece and not having a modern version is criminal.
I still play the first one from time to time for that nostalgic trip.

I remember playing all the sequels on the PC as well. Simon Templeman with that iconic Kain voice.

Thanati

it looks like max payne 1,2 are getting a remake , final fantasy 7 got one , splinter cell and prince of persia too , please someone make remakes for the legacy of kain games , the story is amazing , the characters are so well written , and that world/univers would look amazing in UE5
please make it happen
Abso-fucking-loutely!

Mr Hyde

A remake of Blood Omen would be fucking amazing. A fully open world Nosgoth with all the cool environments and bosses would be instabuy. Absolutely love that game. But it'll probably never happen 😟

Last edited:
What are you talking about? Square enix is probably the most remake friendly companies out there. They made shit ton of remakes, has like 6 already announced and on going.
Hell, they even officially recognize the fan remaster of Deus ex and put on their steam page.

What the hell made you say that?

If you dont know, whats the point in answering? Funny you should say Deus Ex when they fucking destroyed that franchise along with many other. I have 0 respect for this company and only ignorants disagree.

Last edited:

Metalman96

Oh man yes please. Blood Omen 2 was my jam as a kid, and it's probably one of my favorite series of all time. I hope for its return one day.

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
If you dont know, whats the point in answering? Funny you should say Deus Ex when they fucking destroyed that franchise along with many other. I have 0 respect for this company and only ignorants disagree.
I wanted to know if you are for real, or just "special". Got my answer, thanks 🙏.

Robochobo

please make it happen
Everybody wants remakes and remasters, and yet nobody ever asks if the game(s) in question will be made with the same attention to detail or care. Out of all of those not a single one is even released except for FF7. Not even questioning if the developers want to take their own "spin" on the established franchise, which happened, for FF7. So what's the point if it's not the game you know or love? Give me the likes of Bluepoint or don't even bother, and stop asking.

MXn2lYN.jpg

An actual remake built from the ground up that included all the complexity of the originals would be amazing. I could only imagine how cool it would look.

bootaski

I loved the lore and world building of blood omen, and consider the intro of soul reaver to be one of the best game cinematics ever. Was a little let down by subsequent titles in the series. Youtube videos of dead sun looked promising - I hope square enix revives this franchise, remake or no.

K2D

Banned
LJjY82x.jpg

Everybody wants remakes and remasters, and yet nobody ever asks if the game(s) in question will be made with the same attention to detail or care. Out of all of those not a single one is even released except for FF7. Not even questioning if the developers want to take their own "spin" on the established franchise, which happened, for FF7. So what's the point if it's not the game you know or love? Give me the likes of Bluepoint or don't even bother, and stop asking.

MXn2lYN.jpg
Ironic - Blue Point's remasters are ones I didn't like due to lack of detail/love/understanding/attention where it imo mattered.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

We also got Resident Evil Remakes.

Legacy of Kain games defo deserve it.

Also add Dues EX to the list
And Id like to see Vampire Masq and Biodhock remade

poodaddy

We also got Resident Evil Remakes.

Legacy of Kain games defo deserve it.

Also add Dues EX to the list
And Id like to see Vampire Masq and Biodhock remade
Bioshock doesn't need a remake honestly, just some RTX features and some new textures and it's modern looking just like that.

Legacy of Kain is the best writing in videogames period, and it sucks that writing of that caliber is limited to so-so gameplay. They deserve modern remakes that change nothing more than the controls and basic gameplay. Do not touch the story, and don't change the voices at all. Movement in either of those areas makes the remaster worthless and it should be tossed in the trash.

Vampire The Masquerade could absolutely use a quality remaster, again a great game that's locked to a bad technical foundation. Get a talented studio to rebuild that shit from the ground up.

Deus Ex is still great and completely perfect with some of the more modern mods that have full releases on Steam. Not saying I'd begrudge a remaster, but it's not really necessary....I would buy it though lol.

Top Bottom