• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So Pac-Man is in Smash, what Pac-Man games do you want to see?

G-Fex

Pac-Man is definitely a weird one. They've done some interesting things with him over the years but nothing has really taken off the way the original game did.

Perhaps a maze construction kit with various new gizmos and online sharing, along with multiplayer online modes based on Pac-Man Vs?

I wouldn't mind maze construction.

Building your own levels is always great.

blamite

I don't know if it was actually any good, but I have vaguely positive memories of Ms. Pac-Man Maze Madness on the N64.

ZIRG6rL.jpg

Make a new one of those, I guess?

Also a Wii U game in the vein of The New Adventures seems like a no-brainer.

vtDJhMrl.jpg

I love most OG Pac Man games. MS. Pac Man OG release with an optional update CE release would be hot. Make it more insane.

But I do wish they would reset or relaunch Pac Mans personality. I love the games, but his TV or cartoon personality is just boring... What makes his personality so boring?

A brand new game in the style of Ms. Pac-Man Maze Madness. That game kept the maze gameplay of the original and added onto it. A new one could do a lot more with it. It also had a pretty fun multiplayer tag game that could be expanded upon.

Nothing against the Pac-Man World games, they were good, but they were also dime a dozen platformers. Going back to maze exploration would be more unique.

Lijik

Love the arcade style games and experimental stuff they do like Pac-pix, roll and tilt.

The only platformer that fully clicked with me was the first PacMan World. The controls are simple but so tight, and the level design feels like a spiritual precursor to Mario 3D Land. Played it on the vita and the game scratched the exact same itch. Its got flaws (some crummy bosses and a boring collection system that makes you backtrack constantly) but just going from the start of the level to the end is so satisfying. None of the later platform games measure up. Id put 2 and Ghostly Adventures on par with each other as decent enough with 2 being docked for some truly horrible levels and a super samey feeling Forest world. I think World 3 is legitimately terrible with an insufferable focus on combat, bogus script/vo, and ugly character designs.

I want Pac Man CE DX. I want it on every platform. Any platforms that it's currently not out on: release a new version for those. Maybe throw in some updates if you want, but mostly just put it out. A bottomless thirst is what I have.

Beyond that, since Bomberman is dead, they should make a Pac Man game that is basically Bomberman. They both take place in mazes. Close enough!

Greenzxy

I never cared for Pac-Man much, but I love Pac-Man Mania, holy shit.

pacmania_x68k_2_x2.png

Having a Jump button made a huge difference.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
Uncancel the Wii U version of Pac-Man Museum!

G-Fex

how about a action adventure game where Pacman goes across various other classic namco titles like dig dug or rally-x

Alfredo

I want Pac-Man 3: The NEWER Adventures, in the style of Heavy Rain, but better. Pac-Man to put David Cage to shame.

I never cared for Pac-Man much, but I love Pac-Man Mania, holy shit.

pacmania_x68k_2_x2.png

Having a Jump button made a huge difference.

I didn't like Pac-Mania that much, to be honest. I thought Pac-Man Arrangement was way more fun.

Oh what? I didn't even know there was a handheld version of Pac-Man Arrangement. I've only played it at the arcade. It's my favorite Pac-Man, too!

Yep, it's part of Pac-Man Collection for GBA
and Wii U Virtual Console

kunonabi

I want Pac-Man 3: The NEWER Adventures, in the style of Heavy Rain, but better. Pac-Man to put David Cage to shame.

I'd be all for Grandpa Pac-Man. Pac-Man the sad sack husband was great but "I'm old so I don't give a damn anymore" Pac-Man could be equally awesome.

Top Bottom