• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So the Xbox One launches today in Japan...

Verendus

Banned
4ezJgxz.jpg

3LWV6jn.jpg

5sHThlN.jpg
Some pics of the launch I found. I'm seeing a good mix of demographics, people young and old, and even a toddler who managed to bring his pushchair.

Kyoufu

The propaganda in this thread is ridiculous! The Xbox One is about to become the best selling console of the week in the entire COUNTRY and you guys are posting pictures of random stores without context to paint a picture that it's not selling.

I'll drink all of your tears in the Media Create thread next week!!

PhatSaqs

Banned
The propaganda in this thread is ridiculous! The Xbox One is about to become the best selling console of the week in the entire COUNTRY and you guys are posting pictures of random stores without context to paint a picture that it's not selling.

lmao

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Some pics of the launch I found. I'm seeing a good mix of demographics, people young and old, and even a toddler who managed to bring his pushchair.

The first pic leads into a food bazaar not an electronics store. I highly doubt those older women know what an xbox is :p

Chobel

So it launched a day early then. It was still the 3rd there for awhile.

What the hell are you talking about? Do you have any idea about time zones? Just because it's 9/3 in your country (USA I assume) doesn't every mean other places will have the same time.

Microsoft preorders show 200-400k due to trends in high demand.*

Indiedevs

Banned

People are still angry at Microsoft, almost a year after.

Yamauchi

Banned

Good sarcasm

Verendus

Banned
You all best shut the hell up, calling my pics fake.

We'll see what happens when the sales numbers come in and Xbox One has outsold both PS4/Krillin 2-3 times over next week.

This is the Age of One.

Schrade

So nobody, well alright.

I think this is what he was referring to:

I just got back from Machida Yodobashi, where they were supposed to be having a midnight launch, I was planning to pick up another for work (got an imported US one at the moment) and store was being closed for the night, asked about Xbox launch and the nice lady basically said "come back tomorrow nobody came so we are closing"

Ouch.

AuRoN89

Banned
You all best shut the hell up, calling my pics fake.

We'll see what happens when the sales numbers come in and Xbox One has outsold both PS4/Krillin 2-3 times over next week.

This is the Age of One.

Hey bro, you mad? The pics are from 2012 and 2013, FACT. just do a google search.
What's your problem man?

Okay, just so we're clear, you mean selling the most, right? Not fastest selling?

darilaho

Banned

>First pic Queuing for bread July 3, 2012
source: http://gaijininkansai.wordpress.com/2012/07/03/and-the-worlds-champion-queuers-are/

>Second REDUCED NINTENDO 3DS GOES ON SALE IN JAPAN 11 August 2011

>The Last one MONSTER HUNTER 4 QUEUES FROM JAPAN SEPTEMBER 16, 2013
http://japandaman.com/2013/09/16/monster-hunter-4-queues-from-japan/

Nyoro SF

ITT it is a lot of fun to see people who cannot take jokes and those who have fanboy'd for so hard they can't see an obvious joke right in front of them.

Everyone just relax and enjoy the jabs and lack of them.

VinFTW

I think this is what he was referring to:

This. I think I confused this statement being associated with the banner being taken down. I knew it was something along those lines but I could have sworn the banner was attached to this comment. Guess not.

Anyways, all joking aside, it IS nice that MSFT wants to support there small but hardcore JPN community. As long as they keep expectations in check and deliver some quality budget titles, I'll gladly enjoy them if they are brought stateside.

My favorite JRPG to date is still Lost Odyssey. Enjoyed me some Blue Dragon, SO4, and others as well. Will be sad that we won't get this effort again but, what can ya do?

geordiemp

>First pic Queuing for bread July 3, 2012
source: http://gaijininkansai.wordpress.com/2012/07/03/and-the-worlds-champion-queuers-are/

>Second REDUCED NINTENDO 3DS GOES ON SALE IN JAPAN 11 August 2011

>The Last one MONSTER HUNTER 4 QUEUES FROM JAPAN SEPTEMBER 16, 2013
http://japandaman.com/2013/09/16/monster-hunter-4-queues-from-japan/

I recall he is a very dry poster who works for a company called SONY. You may of heard of them.

You are being had, but it is very funny.

Verendus

Banned
Verendus stop trolling juniors man.
I'm being serious now. Why is it so tough for you all to believe?

Xbox One is going to destroy this coming week. I'm talking scorched Earth. I'm going to expect an apology from everyone calling me a troll when those numbers come in.

Top Bottom