• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So the Xbox One launches today in Japan...

the chris

Good job, Yusuf Mehdi......

lXzCxf7.png

jIDPmzo.gif

ibim7RUmTv6HY0.gif

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
can't find it so I suppose i may have been mistaken

What we do know, is that it bit Namco Bandai in the ass to make that deal, and now Baba only cares about where the largest install base is. I can bet it'll be PS4 next before anywhere else. Unless phones get powerful enough to run Tales before PS4 picks up lol.

Josephl64

Well, considering that Xbox fans and Wii fans flipped the hell out of Bamco's attempt to build an audience on said platforms...

What we do know, is that it bit Namco Bandai in the ass to make that deal, and now Baba only cares about where the largest install base is. I can bet it'll be PS4 next before anywhere else. Unless phones get powerful enough to run Tales before PS4 picks up lol.

I expect that to be the face...PS4 being first and all

Good fucking lord, that tweet...

Just went to the launch event! It was... completely dead. To my surprise, the cashier allowed me to choose a game of my choice, free of charge. I have no idea why, as there was no campaign or promotion going on that I could see.
All jokes aside, that's awesome! Good for you.

Well, I'd say the bigger issue is that all attempts to migrate Tales over to a bigger platform has kinda failed...

Wii/Graces failed. Hearts/DS failed. Those lousy port jobs sure ain't doing any favors for mobile/Vita

ethomaz

Banned
The joke pic that some user said it was repetitive, boring, immature, etc... JUST BECAME EPIC after this twitter.

I love you GAF.

Well, I'd say the bigger issue is that all attempts to migrate Tales over to a bigger platform has kinda failed...

Wii/Graces failed. Hearts/DS failed. Those lousy port jobs sure ain't doing any favors for mobile/Vita

Baba said they're preparing to move to 8th gen platforms and that their fanbase favors PS3/4.

Lumyst

Godspeed, MS! Home console numbers for the new consoles in Japan have been very bad, so if users aren't migrating to the new consoles quickly enough, I hope the first parties can help alleviate the thrid parties' risk so that they will continue making console games.

Why even bother launching there? the country doesn't even care about console gaming anymore and even less about the x1.

they should focus hard on china.

"Japan launch of Microsoft Xbox One a damp squib"

Tokyo (AFP) - The Japanese launch of Microsoft's Xbox One fell flat on Thursday, with journalists covering the debut far outnumbering buyers.

Japan finally got the console more than nine months after it hit shelves in North America, Europe and Australasia and half a year after domestic heavyweight Sony unleashed its PlayStation 4 to grand acclaim.

But the usual enthusiastic crowds that greet big launches in Japan were absent on Thursday morning, with just one buyer at a major electronic retailer in Tokyo.

But it's new there and with an insane population. The opportunity for growth is staggering.

That's what was said about India. That's what Sony and Nintendo said when they entered China years back.

Opportunities are there,but it won't be big for consoles. PC and Mobile are even more dominant there than you imagine.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
They have. Their own. They only had a ban on foreign consoles.

Spoken like someone who's never lived in China.

Whatever ban you think is there does not exist like what most people think a ban works. There is zero enforcement.

Pirated games are sold openly in the most high end malls. Consoles are sold openly.

Spoken like someone who's never lived in China.

Whatever ban you think is there does not exist like what most people think a ban works. There is zero enforcement.

Pirated games are sold openly in the most high end malls. Consoles are sold openly.

You need to read things carefully. Look at the whole context of the quote.

Top Bottom