• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So the Xbox One launches today in Japan...

I pie-charted the data for reference.
iZLmoyK.jpg

That should become the videogames related flag of Japan. A red disc with the biggest NO you could fit in the circle... :(

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Destiny isn't that important as Japanese gamers aren't known to lap up Western-developed games.

Games like GTA and CoD sells great, I think Destiny has some possibility to follow the trend and build an audience there.

Kayant

The campaign is pretty simple: when a Japanese user logs in for the first time on his Xbox One (either with an existing account or when he creates a new one) , he’ll receive a message from the Xbox Live team which will bestow a free voucher code for six free months of Xbox Live Gold upon him, for free.
Everyone that purchases an Xbox One is eligible, as long as he has an internet connection, his console has been purchased in Japan, his account has the region set to Japan and he resides in the archipelago of the rising sun.
The only real caveat is that the number of codes available is limited, so the announcement cautions that the campaign could ened before December the 31st if supplies run out.

Thanks/Credit dualshockers as i can't link.

Reminds me of the china deal which is free gold till March 2015.

RexNovis

Banned
That image may cause some issues.

No but this one might

You have the most posts in this thread with nearly 3 times the next highest poster. Kinda ballsy fir someone who has been a junior for less than a week. Might wanna tone that agenda down a few notches.

You're even claiming to have Japanese sources:
Currently checking a Japanese source to see if there are any numbers. Probably not.

And then saying they are raving about Chaos Child which I can assure is not happening.

How many times do the Japanese sources keep hyping up Chaos child? Good lordy.

Well someone mention TF at least.

Erolsky

Banned
No but this one might

You have the most posts in this thread with nearly 3 times the next highest poster. Kinda ballsy fir someone who has been a junior for less than a week. Might wanna tone that agenda down a few notches.

Thank you, Detective Gaf. Have you seen any other suspicious behavior?

Dayum!

When you put it like that. And even there's no guarantee it'll make that without something big.

Hm. When do you think, the PS4 will hit Wii U weekly sales numbers? :) When Bloodborne arrives, maybe?!

The Xbox one is to which Japanese console ever launched in the States? Ie. what could be the equivalent?
The PC-Engine/Turbo grafx-16?
Neo Geo?
Mark III/Master system?

The console's titles must consist of Japan-developed titles for the most part (vis-a-vis most Xbone launch titles are Western ((all?))...and let's compare the situation with Xbone.

The PC-Engine/TG16 comparison is probably pretty good.

TG16 sold 2.5mil units in the U.S. though. Any chance the XBO could hit 2.5mil in Japan?

The PC-Engine/TG16 comparison is probably pretty good.

TG16 sold 2.5mil units in the U.S. though. Any chance the XBO could hit 2.5mil in Japan?

Divide that by 10 and maybe we'll get to the ballpark. I'm curious what the over-under is on the Bone hitting 250,000 in it's JP lifetime.

The OG Xbox never made it to the 500,000 mark in Japan, the Bone might actually do worse.

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
It's exclusive to PlayStation there isn't it?

Yes.

And the bundle would cause people to choose it over Xbox if they were both offered at the same time.

Interested in the bundle myself as my US launch PS4 is giving me troubles and I'm a sucker for white electronics.

Cause no one believes RoTR exclusive would possibly save the platform.

And kinect sports rivals would? Throw ROTR on the chalkboard,,,

That should become the videogames related flag of Japan. A red disc with the biggest NO you could fit in the circle... :(

Damn. Beat me to it.

Thanks/Credit dualshockers as i can't link.

Reminds me of the china deal which is free gold till March 2015.

Damn. If only this thing was cheaper. It's too expensive imho. If it were > ¥30, 000 with a game and six months free, I'd probably be all over it. Launch hype, I guess.

Destiny isn't that important as Japanese gamers aren't known to lap up Western-developed games.

Personally I find the announcement that Persona 5 is going to be on the PS4 might be considered possibly one of the major announcements of the Pre-TGS Sony conference, since that will really push consumers to go out and get a PS4.

Dogs lap, humans purchase.

FPS themselves aren't as big here, but there's decent buzz around Destiny

Zolbrod

how much is it compared to the PS4 in Japan?

The camera-less PS4 (first editions came with a free download code for Knack) costs about as much as the Kinect-less XB1, which comes with Titanfall.

Which DOES make the XB1 the more attractive package, in theory.

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
The camera-less PS4 (first editions came with a free download code for Knack) costs about as much as the Kinect-less XB1, which comes with Titanfall.

Which DOES make the XB1 the more attractive package, in theory.

Isn't that a limited time deal? So once/if they sell out, there'll be no game with the system.

Thank you, Detective Gaf. Have you seen any other suspicious behavior?

Regarding Hison Yohannas? oh boy...the guy been either making really bad jokes all day or he is just trying to spread misinformation all over the place.

Claims early launch and "Tricks with release dates, even though the 09/04/2014 release date been known since April. Then proceed to joke about hundreds of K sales
Either they launched early to get momentum or Xbox Japan has been tricking us with these release dates.

Clearly the demand is astronomically high, and hundreds of k will be sold, hundreds of k.

So any news on why they are releasing like 2 or 3 days early?

I'll throw around 400-500k just for the lols. With my more realistic guess being 200-300k............ Just for the lols.

Continues to claim early releases by 2-3 days:

Well I mean, clearly distinguished Microsoft launched early for a reason you see. I think... Maybe...

But seriously, any news or report on why they launched early yet?

Got the fact that Microsoft isn't having a TGS conference wrong (probably honest mistake):
Ahh you are right, Phill will be there and there will still be a show floor I guess. Hmm, I'm starting to wonder if MS took the crazy pills again.

Claiming Labor, a known GAF poster living in Japan to know nothing:
You are clearly not in japan.

Claimed that Microsoft has somehow reversed the release date from the 7th. Even though this was never done. Where is he getting the 7th from? He probably read it from some random English game site's typo: http://www.gamrreview.com/news/91369/xbox-one-launching-in-japan-on-september-7
Ttomorrow. Although this weekend was the mass announcement that was in most mainstream media I found, but I guess even Xbox didn't know because iirc they reverse the 7th.

It launched a day early (or 2-3 days early depending on who you want to believe) yes they launched early.

After being pointed out about the release date, he started changes his "early release" claim to be a possibly 2-3 hour early release. No proof. Later claimed to be joking the whole time.

So it launched a day early then. It was still the 3rd there for awhile.

Started jokingly claim that MS pre-order numbers are 200-400k. Proceed to argue with Caayn.
Microsoft preorders show 200-400k due to trends in high demand.*

True fact, ms preorders shoe at least neat a 200k trend with 400l at most.*

Oh for Christ sake.

You know what, I'm done with this thread.

Makes claim that MS is doing a McDonalds Campaign. But they're not:
Looks like they are doing the mcdonalds campaign there too:

Not a McDonalds campaign, that's just a huge wall near Akiba station that has ads on it all the time. It was Love Live iOS before.

Claim to have Japanese sources that are hyping up Chaos Child like crazy. What?
How many times do the Japanese sources keep hyping up Chaos child? Good lordy.

Well someone mention TF at least.

Proceed to claim that Crimson Dragon is a potential killer app based on a 4gamer article on the xbox one system.

Crimson Dragon potential killer app confirmed:

Yeah, I'm bored

Top Bottom