• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So this made my day... Remove one letter from a vg title and write a synopsis

N30RYU

Gold Member
Go of War

You are a coward who must survive WW2 hiding in the corpses and without make any confrontation.

Walking Dad
You're a dad with depression doing long walks thinking about what your life have become.

TruthasaurusRex

Neo Member
Metal Ear Rising: A boxing game with an alternate timeline. Starring: Evander Holyfield.
"The Bite Fight" takes place and Mike Tyson bites off his entire ear. A man approaches Holyfield's bedside in the hospital, claiming that he can perform a surgery to replace what he lost with a metal ear.
Against everyone's wishes he opts to have the extreme and unheard of surgery. The result is a surprising success. After much needed post op recovery he decides it's time to step back in the ring as Evander "Metal Ear" Holyfield.
You play out a much different version of Holyfield's boxing career, rife with the dramas.

ResoRai

Wii spots:

You play as a pre school custodian who's just tryi- Good Lord it's everywhere!

No ma's sky:

Whether a distant small town or city, you can go there. Travel seamlessly around the globe to spread the word of your delicious cake. Set up shops along the way, discover recipes, and compete in bake offs to raise your skill and reputation. Share your recipes and discoveries with your friends. They're exploring the same vast world you are, so perhaps you'll make your mark in their towns. Perhaps you may encounter them as well during your travels maybe. It is a big world after all, so get out there and start baking cake with your friends probably!

Half lie:

No Ma's Sky DLC

Heh, I tired

Orderlands

Experience the excitement of filing proper paperwork and abiding city construction laws for adding that new room on to your home, taking a number, avoiding situations where the legality is in question, working an eight hour shift while only taking the appropriate amount of break time and diligently completing your tasks while helping others with their duties and assisting your pretty but not too pretty wife in raising 2 normal children and a spunky puppy named Hot Dog.

The DLC includes holding an orderly get together for visiting relatives, getting Hot Dog spayed or neutered and helping children with a science fair project.

Turk: Dinosaur Hunter – you're an Amazon Mechanical Turk worker and someone is going to reward you $0.01 for every living dinosaur you find.

The Last Guadian – it's 2018, you're the editor-in-chief at The Guardian, you can no longer afford sub-editors, and it's your job to publish the last copy of the newspaper, correcting any spelling mistakes before the print deadline hits.

South Pak: Stick of Truth – you're a goat in southern Pakistan and you're out for revenge on the men who turned your kid into a delicious curry.

Nino-kun - A strange, hyperactive creature with a lantern hanging from its nose refers to you with honorifics in an insufferably high-pitched voice.

Worms M.D. - Team 17 scrape the bottom of the barrel for spinoff ideas as the warmongering parasites set to work with a scalpel to free their brethren from bowels.

Elman

ARMORED CORE : VERDICT DAD

Play as an veteran mercenary whose very survival is threatened with each action-packed sortie...but nothing will prepare you for your most perilous mission: earning the respect of your girlfriend's frigid asshole of a father.

Chao

"Rocket Night Adventures"

Sparkster has a different life when the sun goes down and instead of fighting evil in his rocket suit, he goes clubbing and snorts coke in some hooker's titties

JC Lately

Chrono Tigger:

In this Steven Universe prequel episodic adventure game, Rose's first attempt at creating a magical animal guardian for her future son goes horribly wrong and escapes through time itself. It's up to Greg Universe to chase it across time and space before it cause permanent damage to history.
In the final episode, timmey-whimey stuff will happen that will enable Steven and Rose to meet and have one conversation together before time is repaired and they are forced back to their own timelines. Shortly thereafter, Tumblr will crash from the load of everyone posting about their feels simultaneously.

To The Moo:
In this life/farming simulator, at the peak of his midlife crisis, Johnny quits is lucrative job as a hedge fund manager and drags his wife River out to the sticks and on to a farm he just bought. Now he must make the farm thrive again while simtaeoulsy fixing his marriage, which is currently hanging by a thread. Or if you rather, there are several eligible men and women in the nearby town to start over with, but you better be careful River doesn't take you the cleaners in the divorce!

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Row Home
The long awaited conclusion to the SEGA Bass Fishing story arc.

Some of these new ones are reminding me of imaginary box arts I made years ago. I should find them.

mhayze

I'd love to see a variant of this thread, except with fake cover art for fake games based on actual games with one letter taken from their titles.

Nom an' Sky

Co-op/multiplayer title where players take on the role of the thirsty (and hungry?) Nom and his heart's desire, Sky. One chases the other throughout the levels but they must work together to solve puzzles, get through traps and take care of enemies.

Nom gains more points the closer he gets to snatching Sky while Sky gains more points keeping her distance. But despite playing against each other, teamwork is still important.

(The more I thought about it, the more I'd like to see a game like this if there isn't one already)

Spoo

Since I just finished playing it.

Pry.

Spend your time opening portals into people's closets and listening attentively to their secrets.

Dom
A highly detailed dominatrix club sim, where you manage a roster of men and women. Work your way from a rundown shack to a high scale club by keeping customers happy and staying on the cutting edge of trends in the S&M world. Over 100 costumes and accessories to choose from!

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Mineraft, an intense underground raft racer

Apoc29

Overcoked!

Local co-op game where each player controls a worker in a drug lab trying to fulfill drug orders. Various stations include cutting, cooking, weighing, and bagging.

F-Ero X - Finally, Nintendo figures out how to make Captain Falcon games sell - primarily in Japan, of course.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Tie - The balance between good and evil (read: war between them) is getting tiresome, and the powers that be decide to destroy the artifact keeping it in place.

Legend of Zelda: Win Waker - The sequel to above, with powers that be realizing that now evil is winning, and looking to construct an artifact shifting the metaphorical wind to their side.

Ace Attorney: Justice Or All - A prosecutor who is getting bullied into corruption decides to play with their oppressors and request ridiculous conditions on his own.

To Human - A summer camp turns out, to surprise of all participants, composed only of vampires. Well, almost only - a series of murders follows, and all signs point to a non-vampire pupil as a culprit. You're expected to find them using your detective instincts, but is it the only solution to this problem?

Halo 3 DST - The whole story of the game would stop immediately weren't it for repeating one hour desyncs between space marines.

Super Money Ball - One's a naive communist, one's a neodymium magnet. Together, they rip off Katamari Damacy.

Sin Ad Punishment - The latest penitentiary scheme is to put prisoners into what is generally considered shameful ads. You have to assign prisoners to roles, while balancing their psychological stability after nation-wide mockery and expected profits.

Dane's Inferno - A Doom crossover with Rise of the Triad with heavy emphasis on Dog Mode.

God of War: Host of Sparta - In-between GoW1 and GoW2, Kratos must host a birthday party for other gods, while still not being in an especially good mood. Hilarity ensues.

Sonic Unleased - A tale of running animals and money problems.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Starbond: Intergallactic Double-Oh Seven.

Grim Dan: I swear it's not a phase, mom. This is who I really am! - Dan, 14

Dragon Ball Xenverse: The latest installment in the long-running franchise, which entirely takes place on the last third of the original Half-Life.

Mario vs Donkey Kong: Tiping Stars: In retrospect, not the best typing trainer you could have.

Tomodachi Lie: An island. A murder. A dark secret. Can you escape... or are you already dead?

Fire Emblem Fats: Every unit moves one square at a time and needs to rest between turns.

Ego city undercover

You are an ego that escaped the toaster and now on the run from being eaten
The game ends when a woman steps on you before entering a supermarket

Prequel to sausage party

Edit: damn , eggo is spelled with two G's

Teenage Mutant Nina Turtles IV: Turtles in Times

A toxic spill mutates 4 turtles and sends them back in time to the Christopher Columbus ship. You must make your way across his fleet of three ships ending up on the Santa Maria, which needs to be steered into a portal in the Bermuda Triangle, sending you back home. Unfortunately you are not ninjas.

NewDust

The Technodancer

Earn money for a ticket back to Earth from Hell Hole Mars, as a gogo dancer in one of Mars' grimiest clubs

Trails of COD Steel - A group of students set out to track down an illusive preorder bonus steelbook for the recently released Call of Duty game.

Top Bottom