• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So uh... is titan fall 2 is like the best FPS I’ve ever played?

So I got gamepass for my series x, I’ve played all halos, doom, all cod’s, half life, etc - I mean it’s my favorite genre of videogame. I can say definitively - purely gameplay wise this is probably the best feeling FPS I’ve ever played. What in the world? I’m not talking story just purely gameplay. How did I not know about this? Also is there a way to do split screen co-op? That would send it over. I’m honestly shocked at how good it is. Will they be making another one? Am I losing my damn mind?!?

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Yes, it’s one of the best single player campaigns ever made in a FPS. And yes, the gameplay is goddamn excellent. Multiplayer isn’t too hot though, and that’s what killed the game for many.

First Titanfall is still the best competitive multiplayer experience of the last 10 years, but there’s no single player mode.

Yes, it’s one of the best single player campaigns ever made in a FPS. And yes, the gameplay is goddamn excellent. Multiplayer isn’t too hot though, and that’s what killed the game for many.

First Titanfall is still the best competitive multiplayer experience of the last 10 years, but there’s no single player mode.

Ah damn the multiplayer isn’t good? Please tell me they’re making another one of these

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Ah damn the multiplayer isn’t good? Please tell me they’re making another one of these
It’s unique and fun for a few hours but lacks the depth and strategy of the original Titanfall. Worth a shot, you might really like it.

As far as Titanfall 3, it was mentioned in an investor call recently, but it hasn’t entered production yet, so you’re looking at another 3-5 years minimum I’d say, if it does begin development soon.

Last edited:
So I got gamepass for my series x....
lV2ApRt.jpg

iamvin22

Industry Verified
So I got gamepass for my series x, I’ve played all halos, doom, all cod’s, half life, etc - I mean it’s my favorite genre of videogame. I can say definitively - purely gameplay wise this is probably the best feeling FPS I’ve ever played. What in the world? I’m not talking story just purely gameplay. How did I not know about this? Also is there a way to do split screen co-op? That would send it over. I’m honestly shocked at how good it is. Will they be making another one? Am I losing my damn mind?!?

The single player is 🔥 🔥 🔥. Don't sleep people on this one

Buggy Loop

Man, the only bad thing about the single player campaign is that we don’t have enough time to use the insane auto tracing gun. That was wild. It’s very good and perfect length.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Respawn is one of my favorite developers in no small part due to TitanFall in general, but TitanFall 2 definitely had a Valve like campaign to it. It’s up there with the best.

HoodWinked

It absolutely does reach half life 2 in it's campaign it's far more difficult to have that kind of impact in a campaign because of the "it's been done before" axiom which makes it practically impossible to have those kinds of moments but TF2 yet managed to have several. And the pacing of the campaign was simply masterful.

Who knows maybe there is some weird intangible unexplainable thing in the source engine that makes for exceptional campaigns.

Hugare

Damn good campaign

The best narrative one in a FPS since ... I don't even freaking know, honestly.

dcx4610

I liked it but it wasn't as good as it was hyped up to be. Still solid and worth playing.

Last edited:
The campaign is right up there with Half Life 2, and in my opinion even better, making it the best single-player shooter campaign ever. I just finished it for the third time this evening.

I thought it was average AF.

But that's probably more than likely because I never quite invested the time to master its movement mechanics.

Cause the story was nowhere near "the Half Life 2 of our generation" as a small number of reviewers say it is.

Oh the story isn’t on that level at all I’m more talking about just the feel and mechanics than that stuff

EDIT: I have not completed it yet tho so who knows. To be honest I don’t really care THAT much about story in pure FPS games anyway so yeah...

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I would have liked more variety and more use of the parkouring crazy skills, it seemed like you had segments that were all out COD, segments that were adventuring taking advantage of the mobility to explore and progress but very little of both at the same time save for some arena-like areas that were all about parkouring around while killing fools until the game allows you to progress further almost like Doom. The Titan combat was cool and brief and served its set piece type purpose well on top of those elements. It's a really cool action adventure FPS but could have been even cooler...

Last edited:

zcaa0g

Banned
I thought it was average AF.

But that's probably more than likely because I never quite invested the time to master its movement mechanics.

Cause the story was nowhere near "the Half Life 2 of our generation" as a small number of reviewers say it is.

Its strength was in that every campaign level was refresh and unique and well done. No game will ever be for everybody.

Last edited:
Its strength was in that every campaign level was refresh and unique and well done. No game will ever be for everybody.
Yeah I’m kinda a sucker for a game that switches it up a lot. And like I said the game just feels incredibly good to play.

It`s good but i don`t think it`s even the best of this generation with stuff like Doom around.
I’m playing on console and Doom has been really difficult to get the hang of - it’s so damn quick. Maybe if I was playing with a mouse and kb I’d agree

bender

What time is it?

Half-Life 2 might have a better story but to experience that story, you have to trudge through that slog of a campaign. Titanfall 2 is a tight six hour campaign that is always introducing new concepts and mechanics. Because of it's length, it never has a chance to overstay its' welcome. It's the polar opposite of Half-Life 2.

Calm down Half-Life 2 fans, the base game is better than the awful Episode 1 and then series found its' footing with the wonderful Episode 2.

EDMIX

Only thing that stopped that game's rise was BF1. (fuck EA for that too, they should have moved it to spring)

Really liked the single player story more then I thought I would, also love the MP and all its free post launch content.

I'm hoping they treat Titanfall 3 the same (with post launch content, not cramming it between BF6 and Call Of Duty Civil War) lol

Titanfall 2 had a surprisingly great campaign, especially when it came to boss fights. Problem with the multiplayer imo is they gave zero attempt at creating an esports scene for the series. Even the original was lacking a real ranking system at launch when it was multiplayer only, obviously people eventually lost interest.

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
Titanfall 1 is the much better game, especially in terms of gameplay. They absolutely nerfed it to hell with Titanfall 2.

Did a few levels of the single player campaign but it's just your average COD campaign. Not for me.

Last edited:

yunkaiza

I wanna give this a try when in comes to Game Pass PC, but I'm playing Doom Eternal atm and holy shit it's good. Is TF2 better than Doom Eternal?

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
A Titanfall 3 next gen exclusive would be fire.

WiseguyMVP

Funny, saw it in my games list and wanted to show my son so we finished the game today after starting it a long time ago.
It's fun and the shooting mechanics are solid.
7hIANjH.jpg

Last edited:

It's probably my favorite Multiplayer shooter ever. The people who didn't like the multiplayer generally either couldn't get past the changes that they made to the game from the original Titanfall (to be fair, a lot did change), and/or they played the beta which wasn't representative of the final game. They made some much needed changes to movement from the beta. There's no right and wrong here, but loads of people loved the multiplayer, so try it for yourself.

Last edited:
It's a damn good game and one of the best MP FPS out there period. My main criticisms of the MP though is that they nerfed the Titans from the first game. Titans in the first one had regenerating shields, in the second all damage is permanent . Also the maps were not as big and open as the first game too.

This guy explains it pretty well imo.

Top Bottom