• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So uh... is titan fall 2 is like the best FPS I’ve ever played?

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Best fps of last gen, in fact I put it up there with the original Halo and Goldeneye as a damn impressive sp campaign.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Campaign was a really nice surprise (even if overblowed a little in forums), but it was easy as fuck on hard.

Never tried the multyplayer.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Weird way of spelling DOOM, OP.

But yeah, Titanfall's campaing is great, and has a very inventive level which felt amazing to play.

And it has samurai mechas so yeah, very cool.

ZywyPL

Banned
One of the best FPS SP campaign in the past decade easily, MP on the other hand, not so much, it was a huuuge step pack compared to original TF.

Duchess

For someone like me that's not really into first person shooters, Titanfall 2 was such a pleasant surprise.

I'd love a sequel. All the same sort of stuff, just with a longer campaign.

I only have 2 memories from this. 1 Its really good 2 there was a mission that you need to take like 30 mechas, i rembember this being one of the most fun i had in recent time with games and the only one mission ever, that i actually gone to the menu and select the mission to play again.

Beyond that i cant remember nothing, not even the names, only that it was a guy and a IA

ZywyPL

Banned
I only have 2 memories from this. 1 Its really good 2 there was a mission that you need to take like 30 mechas, i rembember this being one of the most fun i had in recent time with games and the only one mission ever, that i actually gone to the menu and select the mission to play again.

Beyond that i cant remember nothing, not even the names, only that it was a guy and a IA

Yeah, while the SP campaign was absolutely brilliant, it's totally forgettable at the same time, other than that time-shifting level I cannot remember literally anything, I know there were many boss fights, which doesn't happen very often in modern games, but that's about it, it was a fun ride while it lasted, but it's not something you'd want to keep coming back for more.

Desudzer10

If only it had Titanfall 1 multiplayer. That was easily the most fun I've ever had with an online mulitplayer game, even if it was lacking in areas. But yes, single player TF2 is very fun and seems alot of people enjoyed it

Rubik8

I played hundreds of hours of Titanfall 2’s multiplayer. But I only played the single player campaign last week. It was awesome and I’m kicking myself for not playing it sooner. Considering going for the platinum.

AJUMP23

It is an amazing game and they should have waited to launch it in the winter. instead of right before battlefield and Call of Duty.

GC_DALBEN

Its pretty great, if you loved T2 you should play Apex legends, its a little hard at the beginning but its the best Battle Royalle atm, same Titanfall 2 gunplay.

John2290

It was really enjoyable. Felt really good to play and yeah, come to think of it, aside from length, that campaign was a 10.

Last edited:
T

The New Guy

Unconfirmed Member
It is up there. It's a shame EA gave it one of the worst release dates possible sandwiched between other games, it deserved better. Respawn Entertainment are a very talented dev team, which isn't a surprise considering they have people that were at the helm of the best Call of Duty games in my view.

I thought the Campaign was one of the best I've played for an FPS game. I really wasn't expecting much considering Titanfall 1 was purely multiplayer, I really was expecting something that was very throwaway. Never been more wrong, it surprised me.

I really should revisit the game.

PooBone

So I got gamepass for my series x, I’ve played all halos, doom, all cod’s, half life, etc - I mean it’s my favorite genre of videogame. I can say definitively - purely gameplay wise this is probably the best feeling FPS I’ve ever played. What in the world? I’m not talking story just purely gameplay. How did I not know about this? Also is there a way to do split screen co-op? That would send it over. I’m honestly shocked at how good it is. Will they be making another one? Am I losing my damn mind?!?
I don't know if it's the best ever, but it's really fucking good.

Best FPS of the gen. Campaign and Multiplayer. Nothing else is really close.
I could see an argument for Doom or Doom Eternal, but I agree with you.

Last edited:

GriffinCorp

My favorite FPS this gen.... last gen now. I loved the story. I wished we would have had a 3rd by now. You know EA.

Great game, some really interesting stages in the game like the time shift stage and the factory where you work your way through a facility that only exists to build the arena you fight the boss on.

LordOfChaos

Yup. I don't play competitive multiplayer shooters much but Titanfall 2 keeps me coming, and the campaign was one of my favorite campaigns in years.

That Apex money had better go towards an amazing Titanfall 3. Apex itself just feels like a gimped version of it without wall running to me.

OrtizTwelve

So I got gamepass for my series x, I’ve played all halos, doom, all cod’s, half life, etc - I mean it’s my favorite genre of videogame. I can say definitively - purely gameplay wise this is probably the best feeling FPS I’ve ever played. What in the world? I’m not talking story just purely gameplay. How did I not know about this? Also is there a way to do split screen co-op? That would send it over. I’m honestly shocked at how good it is. Will they be making another one? Am I losing my damn mind?!?

It's a really great, entertaining, and good story of a game. I enjoyed playing it a few years ago.

I never got into the multiplayer but apparently it's pretty solid.

Top Bottom