• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So was a PS5 worth getting for just Demon's Soul?

Nymphae

Banned
The game was fantastic, one of the best launch titles I can recall. But I wouldn't have bought a console just for it.

Got my Ps5 yesterday and have been playing the hell out of Demons Souls. Astro Bot is also a really nice and charming addition. I’ll be getting Sackboy Adventures soon. Plenty of games to play, along with my back catalog of Ps4 games as well.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
Got my Ps5 yesterday and have been playing the hell out of Demons Souls. Astro Bot is also a really nice and charming addition. I’ll be getting Sackboy Adventures soon. Plenty of games to play, along with my back catalog of Ps4 games as well.
Can't believe I'm saying this, but I broke down and bought Sackboy for my youngest.

I've been playing it more than him.

There's a lot more already on PS5 and a ton more coming in 2021.

But, to answer your question - yes, Demon's Souls would have been enough all by itself. Umbassa.

Last edited:

wOs

At what point do mods stop these idiotic posts? Hell you get banned for so much less.

even if demons souls was the only game I played on the Ps5 it would be worth it considering it is Sony's main system for years to come.

Kokoro2020

I'm not getting a PS5 for Demon's Souls (I'm not very interested in the game, though it is included in the bundle I'm getting). I'm getting it for Sackboy: A Big Adventure, AC: Valhalla, Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Ratchet & Clank: A Rift Apart and Destruction All-Stars. I'm getting my PS5 in January, and I can't wait. I already bought Sackboy and Valhalla ahead of time.

Senhua

Not even close for me, maybe for FFXVI if they are not shit the story like XV and VIIR otherwise will wait until new ryu ga gotoku or new SMT: Persona which surely on PS5 slim/pro.

Last edited:
For those of you 3 people that got a PS5 and Demon's Soul. Was it worth it?

Heck yes, I've spent around 50 hours in the game, completed once, started new game plus, started third mage character build and this has been my proper first souls experience. Such a glorious remake. 4 trophies away from platinum (Rings, miracles, spells & platinum)

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Demons Souls is probably my favorite PS5 game, but it’s not “the only” reason I enjoy my PS5. 60FPS gameplay pretty much across the board is quite nice, as are the miraculously quick load times (even after playing PS5 for 6 weeks the load times STILL shock me).

Oh, and Astro Bot is incredible as is Sackboy, MM, and some impressive BC performance.

Last edited:
It definately was worth securing a PS5 for Demons Souls, it really was.

I had the original PS3 version and I think I was one of the first brazillian gamers to play it back then since I imported from China (the one that came with english subtitles) when it became avaiable.

It was a memorable experience and this PS5 remake is the most amazing remake I've ever seen (the second would be SOTC). It feels fresh but at the same time it feels just like the original.

But I stopped playing the Demons Souls remake after beating the first boss ......you see, I've beaten all Souls games (Demons Souls, Dark Souls 1-3 and Bloodborne) but there's just this one game that I had trouble with and it's Sekiro. I've played all Souls games at 30fps with no problem but playing Sekiro on my PS4 (at 30fps) and PS4 PRO (at uncapped framerate) became an unbearable chore. I considered buying the game again on my One X but to my surprise that version's framerate is even worse than the PS4 PRO.

I've beaten 4 bosses in Sekiro but stopped playing because that low AND uneven framerate made parrying and reading the enemy's movements much more difficult than it should be. Even traversal is severely affected with judder. But it always bothered me having Sekiro in my backlog just because ALL 4 last gen consoles couldn't deliver a proper framerate.

Every time I booted the PS4 that little name in my game library was there to piss me off and make me like: ''why From Software couldn't scale back the resolution to 1080p, 900p or even 720p (just like Nioh) to allow at least the PS4 PRO/One X run a 60fps mode????????????????''

Now that the PS5 (and Series X) runs Sekiro at a FLAWLESS and GLORIOUS 60fps I'm playing on my PS5 so I can finally beat it and move to Demons Souls with a clean conscience.

Outrunner

It was absolutely worth it. Since Demon's Souls I finished Sackboy, Miles Morales, Spider-Man, Yakuza Like a Dragon. Currently getting my ass ravaged in Nioh. Dropped Valhalla because it's a boring ass game but picked up Kakarot on sale and having a great time with it too.

Mr_Potato

Banned
For those of you 3 people that got a PS5 and Demon's Soul. Was it worth it?

Honestly I really had a total blast playing this Demon's Souls remake. I didn't play the original much so it probably helped.

But damn was it glorious. A true next gen experience. Amazing graphics, amazing 3D sound (when the dragon flies above you in Boletaria Palace world, it's incredible...) and music, 60 fps locked, and From Software original gameplay. Lighting is out of this world. Invasions, coop with my friend...

But you usually don't buy a PS5 only for that. I actually liked Miles Morales a lot too. The 60 fps + RT mode gives an impressive look and feel to the game. Fights are even more fun than in the original with the venom powers. It's a joy to play. I still preferred Demon's Souls, but that's just my taste. I really really loved Demon's Souls...

TLDR : I love my PS5. Now I can't wait for Returnal and Ratchet. I'm having a blast like nearly never before. Everything being instant sure helps too. Starting a NBA 2K21 game with my friend take me like 20 seconds from console start, that's insane.

Last edited:
Bought it for DeS and it was glorious.

But Astro's Playroom was an amazing surprise. Real next gen fun.

After that, playing my PS4 games in 60fps. GOT at 60 is so damn good. My enitre PS4 library transferred over and I play them on new hardware.

Currently rocking Ghostbusters Remastered in 4k60.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
worth it for the BC, luckily I havn't played Ghost Of Tsutshima (spelling) but I'm playing that at 60 FPS and enjoyed MM.

As a souls player who never played Demons souls, I thought it was mediocre at best but glad I played through it. I just don't think the bosses are that good...was quite surprised it reviewed as well as it did.

Last edited:

Jaysen

Banned
Nope, but it's worth it for the 60fps upgrades to a bunch of other games. The original Spider-Man is so much better now, as is Control, and Destiny. Not to mention the hugely improved load times.

skit_data

I love the souls games so having a remake of Demons Souls as a launch title obviously made me buy a PS5 at launch instead of waiting. Was it worth it? Yes, since i know there will be other games. I also got 60 fps Dark Souls 3 and Sekiro+a lot more. I wasnt expecting the BC to be that good when i preordered it.

Edit: might add that I also played through the original for the first time last summer on my PS3 after some delidding and cleaning. It was the last Souls-games i completed. People saying ”Demons Souls is just a remake of an old game” obviously dont know these series, they all have unique traits and can be played in almost any order without one thinking about entries being ”old” or ”new” in terms of appearence.

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Yes, even if you played it PS3. Despite what some say about early gen games this is one that I feel is worth getting the console for.

Majukun

no console in the history of consoles has ben worth it close to the launch, let for one game.

maybe the n64 with mario

Dr Bass

I think it was. I bought it not expecting much, just needed something to go with the system, and ended up absolutely floored. It’s a gaming masterpiece and the best visuals I’ve seen on a console. The lighting and detail is incredible. And play it in performance mode!

funny the person above said maybe Mario 64 was the only launch game to be “worth it.” My exact thoughts were this is the best launch experience I’ve had in maybe 25 years (Mario 64!). There was Zelda on switch too but technically that same game could be played on Wii U. Either way, absolutely worth it.

Pejo

As someone that got it for this specific reason, I'll say no. I also think that the likelihood of it coming to PC is fairly high. My PS5 has been collecting dust for quite a while.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member

So was a NES worth getting for just Super Mario Bros.?
So was a Genesis worth getting for just Sonic?
So was a SNES worth getting for just Super Mario World?
So was a PS1 worth getting for just Rayman?
So was a Saturn worth getting for just Panzer Dragoon?
So was a N64 worth getting for just Super Mario 64?
So was a Dreamcast worth getting for just Sonic Adventure?
So was a PC worth getting for just Half Life?
So was a PS2 worth getting for just Timesplitters?
So was a Gamecube worth getting for just Luigi's Mansion?
So was a Xbox worth getting for just Halo: Combat Evolved?
So was a Wii worth getting for just The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess?
So was another PC worth getting for just Half Life 2?
So was a PS3 worth getting for just Resistance: Fall of Man?
So was a Xbox 360 worth getting for just Kameo: Elements of Power?
So was a Wii U worth getting for just New Super Mario Bros U?
So was a PS4 worth getting for just Infamous: Second Son?
So was a Xbox One worth getting for just Ryse: Son of Rome?
So was a Switch worth getting for just The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild?

Josemayuste

Mike Tyson Smile GIF

Moonjt9

Demons Souls was so well made that it felt like playing a whole new game, even though I recently got the plat on the original. Definite system seller

Top Bottom