• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So was a PS5 worth getting for just Demon's Soul?

Aenima

A PS5 is worth even if there was not next gen games. Those PS4 games running at 60fps are already worth the purchase. Especially for ppl that jumped from a base PS4 to a PS5 like me.

Sony has also been making pretty good offers tied to PS+ like the PS+ Collection and they monthly games has been great since the PS5 launched.

Last edited:

cripterion

Nope.

I didn't get it the PS5 for that game though, more like I wanted up upgrade from the disappointment that was the PS4 Pro in terms of evolution and ease of comfort when it comes to gaming. I'm still disappointed on both points... although I do appreciate a much quieter console in the PS5.
I have been watching the recent DF threads and I all I could think was that "next gen" is once again seriously undercooked (on both sides).

I remember scoffing at the fact that Sony didn't deliver SSD storage extension on day on on PS5...ultimately I have 2-3 games on rotation and those are Nioh 2, MHW and Tony Hawk.
Both my dual sense have the face buttons starting to feel a bit "mushy", the rest mode works except after playing Nioh 2 where there is a loud "beeep" coming from the console and it will only turn on from a cold boot (it does it even when you close the game, it's really a random issue but happens more than enough to be a nuisance) Still no signs on VRR on their fucking TV or the console... It's a no man's land when it comes to upcoming games in the not too far distance.. I appreciate the card system but I haven't used it once. The novelty with the triggers/ haptic feedback wore off after Astrobot. I could totally do without, it does feel alright but I sure hope it doesn't at the expense of the controller lifespan...

Sidenote : Just deleted Monster Hunter cause you spend more time waiting than playing in this game Capcom should be ashamed, 0 effort to bring the game up to par on PS5 and the connectivity issues that plagued the game are still there. Don't get me started on non skippable cutscenes and the impossibilty to co-op from the get go and throughout the whole game (for a game that defines itself as a co-op experience)

Sony needs a replayable game that is technically competent. I remember wanting to play GTAV or RDR 2 online modes only to stop after a few minutes cause like MHW it's connectivity issues galore and more time spent on menus and wait than actual play. I was hopeful that the industry would take notes after PUBG showed up with the big numbers but look where that led us.

While it seems I'm putting Sony on blast it's more a sad state of affairs of the actual game industry as a whole.

xrnzaaas

A PS5 is worth even if there was not next gen games. Those PS4 games running at 60fps are already worth the purchase. Especially for ppl that jumped from a base PS4 to a PS5 like me.

Sony has also been making pretty good offers tied to PS+ like the PS+ Collection and they monthly games has been great since the PS5 launched.
Exactly, for me the bump from base PS4 is pretty huge. I've started replaying Control and it's awesome in 60fps (or with raytracing if that's your thing).

GymWolf

Kinda.

But i forgot how much more refined are the latest from games compared to demons, this was a faithfull (maybe even too much) remake indeed. (except for some strange changes in the art design of many creatures)

But tbh it was never about demons remake, a lot of people bought a ps5 at day one for the pleasure of having a new shiny console at release date.

Last edited:

geary

Just to use the console as a decoration in my living room was worth it. Fuck games... Now i have a high end router like box in my room. /s

Last edited:

Esppiral

Nope, actually I hate the demon's souls games, on the other hand astro boy is amazing, actually is the first game I've ever platinumed.

Quezacolt

i bought the game before i was able to get the console (luckly i got it a month later) and yes, it was worth it, i love the game, but also being able to play my ps4 games with ps4 pro setting + better perfomance is pretty damn good (had a normal ps4, not the pro).

Top Bottom