• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So what’s great in your life today?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
at least talked to a girl with romantic intentions for the first time. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

I also went to a catholic young adults group and met some cool people yesterday.

Today I might go play soccer with some people on meetup.com or help my sister and her family with the moving process (100% for sure tommorrow).
Good progress. Baby steps, my man.

Kadayi

Banned
Antibiotics

giphy.gif

Mondai

Having decent income from VA disability that I don't have to work again for the rest of my life. Planning on going to school in the near future to get my masters.

Melon

Banned
Life's been pretty nuts in regards to the highs and lows I've been experiencing as of late, but my best friend took me to get milkshakes and smoke weed today. So that was cool. I have great friends, both online and offline, and I'm forever thankful for that. Only uphill from here (hopefully).

CyberPanda

Banned
Life's been pretty nuts in regards to the highs and lows I've been experiencing as of late, but my best friend took me to get milkshakes and smoke weed today. So that was cool. I have great friends, both online and offline, and I'm forever thankful for that. Only uphill from here (hopefully).
What kind of Milkshake did you get?

cheap vanilla ice cream + whipped cream (NOT store bought, make it yourself it's not hard) + whole milk in a blender for a minute or two on high is the best milkshake

you can vary the the amounts however you want and it will still end up being the best you've ever had

Duellist

Fatty got on the treadmill for the first time in about 2 years today lol. I went from 235 to 163 and back to 216. Time to smarten the fuck up or I will be back To my old weight in no time.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Fatty got on the treadmill for the first time in about 2 years today lol. I went from 235 to 163 and back to 216. Time to smarten the fuck up or I will be back To my old weight in no time.

I gotta do the same.
I’m not sure what funky metrics your using but I jumped 10 kilos over the past 7 years and need to get back to a good weight again.

Currently 83KGs of fat

Duellist

I gotta do the same.
I’m not sure what funky metrics your using but I jumped 10 kilos over the past 7 years and need to get back to a good weight again.

Currently 83KGs of fat
Metrics we use is lbs. 83 kgs is about 182lbs. I'd be happy with that weight. I'm 5'10

Last edited:
I gotta do the same.

Currently 83KGs of fat
The first few weeks are the hardest but once you start seeing results you will absolutely feel motivated AND GOOD about yourself. Stick with it and good luck bro!!!

Thurible

My friends are back in town. It is nice seeing those guys again.

The CM girl is still talking to me (she seems as awkward as me, in a good way). My friend suggested I talk to her about other things than just religion and a love of children and make some kind of move.

Another CM girl is talking to me, but she recently said she doesn't want to date people but she does want to socialize with me. Hopefully I can make a friend.

Overall, my anxiety is fluctuating up and down after trying to talk to girls online and find a career path. Sometimes I feel on top of the world, other times I feel like I'm at the bottom of the sea.

Thurible

Well I personally feel like poop again, though I am grateful for the experience. I've been kind of dumped by the two CM girls (though we weren't actually dating in the first place). They both said they were uncomfortable with the dating thing as they both seem to have a lot of anxiety. Though my communications with them is technically still open, as the way they left off suggests they may be willing to talk in the future, I have my doubts. Perhaps I should have been more aggressive in pursuit, or perhaps nothing is the matter on my end as they both have told me. I told them I'm cool but honestly I feel worthless as a man. At least I did something I guess.

CyberPanda

Banned
Well I personally feel like poop again, though I am grateful for the experience. I've been kind of dumped by the two CM girls (though we weren't actually dating in the first place). They both said they were uncomfortable with the dating thing as they both seem to have a lot of anxiety. Though my communications with them is technically still open, as the way they left off suggests they may be willing to talk in the future, I have my doubts. Perhaps I should have been more aggressive in pursuit, or perhaps nothing is the matter on my end as they both have told me. I told them I'm cool but honestly I feel worthless as a man. At least I did something I guess.
Don't give up. Its their loss, and not yours. You have a lot to offer, and you'll be a great boyfriend to a woman one day. Keep putting yourself out there, and you'll find someone(especially someone who doesn't have anxiety). I promise.

without selling my current house, I was able to buy a house 2 x the size. In between closing the deal I sold my house after a day on the market and was able to sell and appraise it for much higher than expected. From here we have a double closing scheduled and I will have enough money from the sale to include as a 21% down payment for the house I’m closing on. Having a 21% down payment allows me to avoid PMI insurance, a higher interest rate, and higher payments due to debt to income ratio. I can’t believe everything worked out the way it did. The cherry on top is that I bought my house below the appraised value, which is nice.

It’s been an emotional couple months.

Last edited:
My friends are back in town. It is nice seeing those guys again.

The CM girl is still talking to me (she seems as awkward as me, in a good way). My friend suggested I talk to her about other things than just religion and a love of children and make some kind of move.

Another CM girl is talking to me, but she recently said she doesn't want to date people but she does want to socialize with me. Hopefully I can make a friend.

Overall, my anxiety is fluctuating up and down after trying to talk to girls online and find a career path. Sometimes I feel on top of the world, other times I feel like I'm at the bottom of the sea.
. Try to talk to more girls in your church. Building up that experience in person is very valuable as I personally find it hard to communicate with women for the first time on dating apps or social media

Last edited:

Thurible

Don't give up. Its their loss, and not yours. You have a lot to offer, and you'll be a great boyfriend to a woman one day. Keep putting yourself out there, and you'll find someone(especially someone who doesn't have anxiety). I promise.
I honestly think the issue they are too much like me, unsure about life and having difficulty connecting with others, they are in the same place as me. Maybe all of us didn't quite understand what we should be doing on an online dating site.

These are very sweet, reverent, caring, young ladies. I certainly respect them and I believe they respect me. I feel downtrodden and in despair, yet I recognize that they did nothing wrong. I hope I can at least make their aquantice in friendship. One lady told me she will talk to me "tommorrow :)".

The weird thing is that they are the ones who initiated contact with me and they both decided to stop courting due to personal discomfort and anxiety. I wonder what I have done that may have both enticed them yet also dissuaded them. I thought my conversations with one of them was going swimmingly. She laughed at my jokes, told me about herself, and seemed to genuinely take interest in my affairs.

Try to talk to more girls in your church. Building up that experience in person is very valuable as I personally find it hard to communicate with women for the first time on dating apps or social media
Maybe online companionship is not my forte. I certainly wouldn't know how to talk to ladies irl. I would also be afraid of distracting someone in Church. Though maybe I should try talking to strangers in groups I belong to.

I thank you both, and may God bless you two CyberPanda CyberPanda and Halo is Back Halo is Back . You guys have been very kind to me. Also, though not a part of the conversation, since I am showing gratitude, I would also like to thank haxan7 haxan7 for being particularly warm to me whenever I seemed down on a thread he was also on (ex. 69 thread). You are nice men.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Basically got the money for my first month's rent and deposit for when I find a new apartment. Everything I earn between now and mid-to-late July is just a bonus before I head off to my PhD Program.

May not be much, but I am happy about it.

Well, I get my check tomorrow so I can order the keyboard case I want for my new iPad. I guess that’s something. Not a lot of great things happening for me lately. I guess I’m living comfortably, so that’s a plus.

Top Bottom