• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

so what has been changed/fixed in BF2 since launch?

EekTheKat

Spec Op kits can get points for blowing up the UAV trailer, artillery, and the likes.

Blackhawk whoring slowed down to some extent, due to people actually having to hop out of the chopper to assist in capturing a flag.

From what I can tell though, instead of capping flags Blackhawks now pretty much just circle the flag mowing down everybody that spawns there :lol

some Special Forces guns (expansion only) unlockable and usable in regular Battlefield. Expect to see Flashbangs used to an annoying degree in regular Battlefield too from all the guys who own the expansion pack but can't get out of Karkand out of their minds (I'm one of them :lol)

EekTheKat said:
From what I can tell though, instead of capping flags Blackhawks now pretty much just circle the flag mowing down everybody that spawns there :lol

:lol

Yep, pretty much. But I have to say it's a lot more fun that way.

EekTheKat

momolicious said:
wait, so those with the expansion have an advantage over those who dont? i thought they have their own servers

Well some of the new guns you can use on the old battlefield maps, and they all have their +/-. Depending on your playing style the new guns may give you a slight edge, but overall it doesn't feel too unbalanced IMHO. The new guns are pretty much just more alternatives to the guns already in the game.

The grappling hook, night vision and zipline didn't make it to the old maps.

And you can still kill the guys with SF and take their kits.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
The new patch actually toyed around a bit with the missiles/AA and tv missiles(even thought ea didnt mention it in the changelog). Still needs to improve gun accuracy.

teepo

Dr.Guru of Peru said:
The new patch actually toyed around a bit with the missiles/AA and tv missiles(even thought ea didnt mention it in the changelog). Still needs to improve gun accuracy.

seriously, wtf is wrong with the weapons.

IT'S BLOODY EASY TO KILL IN BF2 EVEN WITH THE INSANE RECOIL

Deg

Banned
teepo said:

Recoil depends on the gun. Some of them have next to no recoil while other such as support are all over the place.

I never bought the expansions for BF1942 because i felt they were just cheap milking packages

Thats what they sound like. Special Forces is just awesome however. Lots of fun and really clever design. The franchise is just on a roll.

bigsnack

Deg, did you have any of the performance issues that I've heard about? Mostly lag problems so I've heard.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
teepo said:

Um....bullet spread is completely random for one thing. Go play any other FPS and you'll see.

Top Bottom