• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Social Media Survey from Nintendo of America.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Told them I hate Amiibos and I expect to see the NX announced in an E3 press conference, not a Direct.

Ridley327

Live action Zelda show still alive??

They asked for a preference between live-action and animated, too. While it'd be cool to see a big budget take on something like Zelda, I think that virtually every one of their IPs would benefit more from an animated treatment.

Ca5VA2sUsAAJ7WB.jpg:large

I told them I bought a 3DS bc cutie pie Kit Ellis told me to in a Nintendo Minute and that Shulk is my favorite Amiibo bc he's hot.

Acccent

NEdbiqL.png

I wish the survey didn't force you to write stuff about something you've just said you knew nothing about or didn't use.

Nanashrew

Banned
They asked for a preference between live-action and animated, too. While it'd be cool to see a big budget take on something like Zelda, I think that virtually every one of their IPs would benefit more from an animated treatment.

Definitely agreed. Animation 2D or CG would benefit their stuff much better and the effects would work too without any strings on actors or CG effects.

-Horizon-

Oh come on I can't choose Lucina as my fave amiibo?

And no. Marth doesn't count as Lucina.

Still waiting on Fire Emblem anime.

This is an odd question:

I've only ever bought eShop games from the eShop, which isn't an option. I guess that counts as Nintendo's website? That's what I"m going to put down, but it's really not the same thing.

This your guys chance to tell them your thoughts.

Yet people are posting jokes. Do these surveys actually work anyways?

Also isn't responding in memes, telling them to do more of them? Think about that.

Woffls

At least 14 answer(s) must be provided

aanndddd I can't get past this question. What a waste of time.

-Horizon-

At least 14 answer(s) must be provided

aanndddd I can't get past this question. What a waste of time.

I basically had to select the entire column for one of the social sites to get past it.

Even though some of the options wouldn't make sense lol.

Nanashrew

Banned
This your guys chance to tell them your thoughts.

Yet people are posting jokes. Do these surveys actually work anyways?

Also isn't responding in memes telling them do more of them? Think about that.

Many voting against memes, many voting for memes to be ironic against those against memes.

Poyunch

This is an odd question:

I've only ever bought eShop games from the eShop, which isn't an option. I guess that counts as Nintendo's website? That's what I"m going to put down, but it's really not the same thing.

I mean unless you never buy anything except Nintendo I think that's what they're asking.

I mean unless you never buy anything except Nintendo I think that's what they're asking.

I'm not sure I understand this sentence? Do you mean "I think they're asking if you buy from anywhere other than the eShop?" That would make sense, except they force you to select at least one answer.

Eila

You have to choose memes in at a least one social media.
I won't get mad if they put them on Google+

The Giant

Banned
I said to start translating japan only games from snes, n64 and gamecube to bring to nx vc. Like Famicom Detective Club, Magical Vacation, Giftpia and Seiken Densetsu 3.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Worst question is always "Do you download digital games? Please list them".

Woffls

I basically had to select the entire column for one of the social sites to get past it.

Even though some of the options wouldn't make sense lol.
Cheers - went full on YouTube and it worked.

Worst question is always "Do you download digital games? Please list them".
That question was so dumb - if they want that info, just look at some actual eShop accounts maybe? I just answered VC titles and download only titles.

Ansatz

In regards to favorite social media content, there are no options for reviews or discussions. I don't do any of the other options...

I'll pick "History of" since I do enjoy retrospectives I guess

This is an odd question:

I think they mean online sites like Amazon, and not just digital games.

Renewed

What's with the Amiibos question? Where's the "fuck off with the Amiibos" choice?

How awesome are Amiibos?

• so awesome
• so awesome
• so awesome

Basically this entire survey when you have to give a mandatory answer to get through. I gave a blanket answer for amiibo and wanted to be done with it. Then they give that half assed list and expect me to care.

There are also those sections with things like "memes" where you have to fill it in somewhere. So I picked Tumblr and Facebook to be done with it. None of this has gotten any better. I did leave my thoughts on things like NX, E3, DLC, region lock and such. But when the survey is such a slog it becomes hard to take most of it seriously.

Edit: IIRC there was a Post E3 2015 survey as well last year? If it comes again this year, I'm not holding back like I did last year.

sinxtanx

I've consigned the memes to Google+

may they stay forever buried

and Instagram give-aways will forever be done on Periscope from now on

Zyrox

That was a pretty lengthy survey. But I took my time to answer everything. Don't use social media much though, did this mainly for the E3 question. Gimme dat good NX stuff. And Zelda. And a Smash port.
I also told them to not cater to kids at E3, as they are not the ones tuning in.

EDIT: And I asked them to include optional ways to unlock the more significant amiibo stuff similar to how Super Mario Maker does it, for those of us who aren't into collecting figurines but still want some of that content.
MK is best amiibo

You monster

Acccent

Honestly, wrt memes, I think Nintendo is one of the only game companies that's currently (self-)aware enough to produce stuff that could be considered 'meme-like'. I'm not talking about slapping pixelated sunglasses on Toad and adding a 'deal with it' caption, but they've produced content that's both self-deprecating and/or genuinely funny, and doesn't come off as trying too hard. Like the screenshots they used to post when introducing new characters on the Smash bros website, for instance.

Illucio

Banned
All these people shitting on Amiibo.
I hope Nintendo doesn't listen to carefully to this. Except for the expectations for E3 which is probably the only reason anyone bothered filling out the survey in the first place.

Horrible survey. Stopped filling it out.

I hate it when surveys give you an option of saying "I am not familiar/not applicable" and then proceed with pages of questions on my opinion of the thing I'm not familiar with.

It's rubbish.

Ansatz

It is indeed a terrible survey from the perspective of an informed gaming enthusiast.

Like why the fuck would I go to a youtube celebrity's channel for "information on games" and you can't even pick "reviews" as a favorite type of gaming content, but there's "pranks" and "collabs" what a shit.

Also you can pick "I watch daily" in regards to official Nintendo Twitch content, they stream like what twice a year?

Nanashrew

Banned
Honestly, wrt memes, I think Nintendo is one of the only game companies that's currently (self-)aware enough to produce stuff that could be considered 'meme-like'. I'm not talking about slapping pixelated sunglasses on Toad and adding a 'deal with it' caption, but they've produced content that's both self-deprecating and/or genuinely funny, and doesn't come off as trying too hard. Like the screenshots they used to post when introducing new characters on the Smash bros website, for instance.

They've done the more traditional internet memes from time to time. Not a lot though. But I do agree, that they do some genuinely fun things a lot of the time that they often become a funny meme. I think it's funny when the account pretends it's one of the characters from their own game series from time to time and they do it well like Cranky Kong. Then there's the unexpected like Toad's first shitpost. I saw a lot of Toad that day. Then you have last E3, the Twitter account joked about Reggie's loss against Hungrybox.

There are legit funny and good moments from that Twitter.

Horrible survey. Stopped filling it out.

I hate it when surveys give you an option of saying "I am not familiar/not applicable" and then proceed with pages of questions on my opinion of the thing I'm not familiar with.

It's rubbish.

Seriously, it's a pretty badly designed survey. C'mon, I'm trying to help you out, do you want me to give garbage answers that will muck up your data?

Ansatz

But it's asked immediately after the question "Do you ever download games?"

Of course, it's such a badly designed survey that it's difficult to tell.

Yeah true, that series of question is probably intended for the physical/digital purchase split, not eShop exclusives or VC games.

I thought I was quite with it for a guy in his forties but all of those social media questions tell me otherwise. For the question about which youtubers I would like to see involved with Nintendo, I made it abundantly clear that if they get PewDiePie involved, we're over.

Top Bottom