• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Social Media Survey from Nintendo of America.

4NhECwQ.png

I need more memes. Max meme capacity.

Nilaul

What a garbage survey... almost as bad as doing the Nintendo Stars survey for the 100th time and answering the same questions 100 times (which most of them could had been probably automatically retrieved from a database if needed).

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Not a good survey, annoying how it asks you followup questions when you indicate you are not interested in something, don't use it, or aren't familiar with it. And in some of those followups you don't have the ability to just say N/A or something, you have to check a box somewhere.

Also some poorly worded questions, like the one about downloads.

I also clearly am not a good Youtube user since I don't follow channels or personalities, I watch stuff linked from here or things I find via search. I don't care who the content comes from.

Zyrox

On the question about which Youtube channels I follow I immediately typed "GameTrailers" only to remember that they are no more :( Still hurts, man

BY2K

Membero Americo
You know, if they're asking what we expect from E3 it's probably because they want to make sure they don't do like they did last year.

You know, not having games.

RockmanBN

LOL, I pretty much did the same except I went into detail about how I expect to be blown away by a new concept console that competes with PS4 for power. I ended with "In short, I expect to be thoroughly disappointed "

That's exactly what I said as well though I added that their online service had to compete as well as the one they have now is kinda ass.

You monster

You can't write obscenities!

I will find you.

You better pray to whatever god(s) you believe in that I don't find you.

The sins that have been committed this day won't be forgotten.

You all laugh now, but I'd actually buy a Phantom Hourglass / Spirit Tracks style Zelda game on mobile.

Do WarioWare first.

Ridley327

You know, if they're asking what we expect from E3 it's probably because they want to make sure they don't do like they did last year.

It's still pretty fucking depressing to me that one of the last public statements Iwata ever made was more or less apologizing for E3. Who the hell wants to go into their grave in this business with that on their mind?

Nanashrew

Banned
For the social media questions, it's pretty easy. I don't frequent Tumblr but I know why it's big and what people love. They love fan content, the place is HUGE about fandoms of all sorts. GIFs, fan art, a whole host of creative content.

It's the same for just about every social media outlet. Vine? I don't frequent it but the top Vines are often creative and funny. Twitter? The same. Facebook? it's filled with stolen content from 4-chan, Twitter and Tumblr with the best jokes and moments from those sites.

Twitch has expanded to other things and I wouldn't mind a creative segment from Nintendo or even a retro game stream. Something to tied people over and just have some general fun outside of Directs because fun is part of streaming. They could even host a channel after the stream is over, like Cosmo, Puwexil, Brossentia or Essentia or a Smash Bros. player, someone (there are a lot of speed runner and smash fans at Nintendo).

But, it's also not that hard to type N/A into the field if you don't have the answers. I don't know anything about Periscope, maybe a tour of some place? It would be great to see a tour of E3 showfloors. Nintendo also had a cool thing on YouTube that had a 360 view camera of E3. More of that, maybe even from staff would be cool.

(BTW, all this is going to go into my survey stuff)

If nothing else, it is a way to go to the big bosses and show them what people expect so they can plan accordingly, for example 80% of people expect Treehouse Live, 99% of people expect Zelda, 60% of people want NX info, and 80% of them said they want to see real games not Wii U-esque tech demos, no one said they wanted a 30 minute stage demo on Picross 3D 2.

Whether or not they *can* deliver on what people expect is a different question. If NX isn't coming before the next E3, it's unlikely they can show off more than prototypes and tech demos even if people what it, etc. Like, last year you couldn't have met people's expectations with the line-up of games they had to show, no matter how you cut the trailers.

Blues1990

This is what I have listed, with regards to what to expect for this years E3:

New Nintendo IP, more variety of games (genres, local/competitive games, western-developers tackling an old Nintendo IP, etc.), localization of Mother 3, more info on Zelda Wii U, NO Mario-related announcements, fixing the Virtual Console games (more filter/GB Player options for te GB games, removing the seizure filter for all the NES, N64, GBA, & DS games, fixing the imput lag, announcing M2 will be handling all the emulation duities of the VC games, etc.), more esports presence for their competitive games, & live streams from the Treehouse division.

That ate up way more of my time than I anticipated.

Memes for 2016. Confirm NX as hoax. Cancel Metroid, all of it. Have Reggie personally announce and then immediately cancel Mother 3 in the West.

That Amiibo list was missing a ton of released ones. Hope nobody wanted to choose Ness or Lucas or Shovel Knight, or probably a ton that I forgot existed.

Battlechili

Banned
I made sure to ask for more gameplay footage and news in general, more Pokemon Mystery Dungeon content, that I'd love to see more of a Nintendo presence on Tumblr with lots of game concept art, that I don't like and absolutely detest memes in video games, and that I'd love to see Nintendo animated series. Also official purchasing for old Nintendo games on an officially Nintendo licensed emulator on phones would be cool.

Terrell

I'm always baffled how some people complain about how Nintendo doesn't listen to gamers, Nintendo gives gamers a chance to have a legit word in, and the same gamers either make a damn farce out of it or carpet-bomb it with a single-minded agenda. And then go back to accusing them of not listening to gamers right after.

I just... I dunno, maybe I get tense about it because I don't wait for Nintendo to ask for my opinion as a consumer and actually give it to them when I feel like I have something to say, instead of just pissing into the wind in forums that they (almost) never read. But it seems damn counter-intuitive to me.

Regiruler

I've consigned the memes to Google+

may they stay forever buried

and Instagram give-aways will forever be done on Periscope from now on

But how can they be on Periscope if they're only on Twitch Kappa

EDIT: Shit I should have said I wanted Nintendo themed twitch emotes, but twitch has been removing a lot of its emotes lately.

Nanashrew

Banned
I'm always baffled how some people complain about how Nintendo doesn't listen to gamers, Nintendo gamers a chance to have a legit word in, and the same gamers either make a damn farce out of it or carpet-bomb it with a single-minded agenda. And then go back to accusing them of not listening to gamers right after.

I just... I dunno, maybe I get tense about it because I don't wait for Nintendo to ask for my opinion as a consumer and actually give it to them when I feel like I have something to say, instead of just pissing into the wind in forums that they (almost) never read. But it seems damn counter-intuitive to me.

I'm legit trying :<

Some of mine have been at least a paragraph or two long.

Pau

As someone who's spent the last two days crying while I watch people open my research survey and not answer anything, I did this. :p

Also, ranted a TINY bit about Fire Emblem and Paper Mario.

I took the "which is your favorite Amiibo? Why?" Question and turned it into a rant about Nintendo's mishandling of the Metroid series.

Neoxon

Everyone please put that you expect a Press Conference reveal for NX.
I honestly don't care either way. As long as they keep the Wii U/3DS talk at a minimum, I'm happy.

And to those hoping for the death of Amiibos, they're selling way too much for that to happen.

Kinsei

Banned
The E3 question was interesting. I answered it by saying that I have no expectations other than seeing the NX due to how disappointing it was last year. I then followed up with what I would love to see. This included a console Metroid to go alongside Federation Force, Monster Hunter X, Rhythm Heaven 3DS, and a new F-Zero, among others.

I took the "which is your favorite Amiibo? Why?" Question and turned it into a rant about Nintendo's mishandling of the Metroid series.

I should have done that. Instead I went with Diddy Kong because I love the games he's in and I love playing as him in Smash.

hazukash

I asked for localizations of spin-off Dragon Quest games and Rhythm Heaven The Best Plus. Also told them not to involve PewDiePie and other YouTubers in their content.

Nanashrew

Banned

Think of the Metroid Amiibo! Metroid Amiibo gives a harder difficulty like Ganondorf Amiibo. Samus will give you health and weapons back (once a day), Zero Suit Samus gives you a new color scheme or a random worthless item a day.

Vibranium

Banned
Everyone who disliked the infamous Treehouse doge meme should probably check no memes if it bothered you.

Sometimes if done right they aren't cringeworthy though. "This is SPARDA" from Ace Attorney was clever in the context it was used.

Top Bottom