• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SOCOM Confrontation - The thread (bringing back the REAL!)

Arnie

Ok people in this thread know i have been pretty active in this forum and I have just got in from work so couldn't get a euro key from eurogamer. Please would someone do me a serious favour and PM me a code. I would be eternally grateful. Help a brother out. I havn't just popped in now the Beta has begun, I have been active for a while, so respect the respect.

This is reposted from the other page to confirm my enthusiasm!

Nightz

I have a US code available. I've already given one away, so it can only be used one more time. First one to quote this post and ask for it gets it. :D

Smidget

Nightz said:
I have a US code available. I've already given one away, so it can only be used one more time. First one to quote this post and ask for it gets it. :D

Me please :) Edit: Damn I lost lol

Arsenic

-ARNiE- said:
Ok people in this thread know i have been pretty active in this forum and I have just got in from work so couldn't get a euro key from eurogamer. Please would someone do me a serious favour and PM me a code. I would be eternally grateful. Help a brother out. I havn't just popped in now the Beta has begun, I have been active for a while, so respect the respect.

Top 5 posters in this thread:

Code:
Doel   	         270
Kittonwy 	 94
J-Rzez 	         57
Arsenic 	 53
dralla 	         51
Arnie            14

He tells the truth. We deserve codes! :p

h3ro

alterno69 said:
So can the euro beta be played with a US account?

So far... YES.

It let me load it up with my NA account and now I'm in the options screen... let's see if it lets me join a game...

andycapps

Someone from the Resistance GAF wedge should hook a fellow wedge member up. I couldn't get my Eurogamer account approved on time. Finally got my wife to check the email at home and it's activated, but codes are all gone. Have some sympathy on me and we'll get our game on tonight.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
slunk2zero said:
anybody else having trouble getting into a game? When i go to join a game from the lobby it doesnt want to let me join!

Yeah, im just stuck at the spinning flux capacitor

____

Acid08 said:
So anyone in my boat? Registered for the beta with the code from GS and still no email with the real fucking code.

I'm with you. Up shits creek...and the paddles have yet to arrive. ;(

smik

please anyone with a spare beta code hook me up, i took a day off for this and i have been a fan of the series since Socom 2 please help me out GAF

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Bah.

Played 1 vs 1 at Crossroads so I cannot comment about how the game flows and stuff.

Only good think that stuck in my mind is the sound. Very awesome. Physics is cool as well, with vegetation and cars reacting realistically to bullets. And here ends the good news.

Frame rate was 30fps but with graphics that scream "I CAN RUN AT 120FPS ON PS2!". Textures are decent (COD4 level, PS3 ver), but aliasing is EVERYWHERE. Seems to be running at some sub-720p res. Despite being alone in this aliased, empty world, I did manage to bring the frame rate down by just getting to an higher location with a big vista on the map. Can't wait to see that same vista with 30 more players in.

Controls are a bit odd. Square to jump. X to climb. Why? Let me jump and climb with the same button no? (Looks at Warhawk). Anyways, aiming looks responsive and all. No problems here. Tapping circle switches between rate of fires. Holding it brings up the inventory (a bit slower than I'd like). L1 switches between main and secondary weapon. L2 brings up the Taunts/Orders menu. R2 is for running (so u have to move the finger away from R1, which is shooting). You can run for as long as u want. R3 is for reload. L3 for knife. Triangle is for changing stance. D-pad Up and Down for changing camera distance back and forward. Upper is scope view. Definetly needs some getting used to.

Other stuff. There is no spectator mode in lobby (so if game is ongoing and u cannto join u have to wait at the menu screen). There is a spectator option when u die in a match. There is no invite from within a game. You can invite only when the game is OVER. When you get an invite, you can't just say "yes, bring me there, thanks" and let the system tale care of the rest. Oh no. You get a "you got an invite message" message. In order to accept it you have to get somewhere back in the menu tree looking for a message inbox thing. Once you get there, read the message and accept it, you are STILL not moved automatically to the match. There is another step to do. Go to the servers screen. Which means moving away from the submenu u are in is and back to the servers list you where before. OMFG.WHY!??!?!. Anyway, once u connect to the servers list, you are (finally) moved to the match you got the invite from.

That's all for now. Will post more impressions when I get a chance to play with more people. As for now it looks like a total mess. Even the menus are slow as hell. Ok it's not final, but you can get some text to run at decent speed early in the development process right?

Az

pm me a code and I'll send you funny PM's daily for some time.... to make ur day better

I'll do anything for a SOCOM codeee!!!11

The Faceless Master said:
nope, didn't work.

thanks!

i was just coming back to reply to InterMoniker and reloaded the page and saw that post!

and the PS3 was still on the enter code screen, so *bam*
Nice man glad you could get in :)

sjaygray

Doel said:
Downloading mine.

Anyone in NA not get their's yet? My buddy still hasn't received his email.

I am in NA and have not received the email, but I just pre-ordered and signed up about an hour ago :lol

thuway said:
Where are people downloading this off the Playstation Store?
You have to go to account management eith under the PS store icon or by pressing triangle on your psn name. Then go to account transactions then to redeem promotional code.

I am still waiting for my friend to get an e-mail on the code, US here. In the mean time if anyone wants to share a code I will gladly take it. When/If I get mine i will share it as well.

Arnie

Arsenic said:
Top 5 posters in this thread:

Code:
Doel   	         270
Kittonwy 	 94
J-Rzez 	         57
Arsenic 	 53
dralla 	         51
Arnie            14

He tells the truth. We deserve codes! :p
Funny guy, for the amount in total I post on Neogaf, this thread probably occupied 50% of my posts, not everyone has hours to post over 50 comments in a thread, I have college and a job. I was making the point that compared to somebody popping in on the day the Beta comes out for a sneaky key, it's a bit cheeky. So stop being a smart ass.

Acid08

Banned
-ARNiE- said:
Funny guy, for the amount in total I post on Neogaf, this thread probably occupied 50% of my posts, not everyone has hours to post over 50 comments in a thread, I have college and a job. I was making the point that compared to somebody popping in on the day the Beta comes out for a sneaky key, it's a bit cheeky. So stop being a smart ass.
Dude, what?

Top Bottom