• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SOCOM Confrontation - The thread (bringing back the REAL!)

The no respawn games are so much fun! I can see what all the fuss is about with these SOCOM online games. I played the first one and that was it. This beta has been an all out blast. Day 1 for me!

One more thing, they have got to fix these load times. The are bordering on absurd. I do understand stuff like this happens in betas, but that doesn't mean it isn't frustrating as hell!

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Kyoufu said:
F90 is amazing :lol

Had a monster kill streak going there even when our team was getting owned by yours :)

I think for the Commandos, there is a similar weapon, the 3rd Machine Gun I believe.

Yeah, I have always loved that gun in Socom and this one is no different.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
cjtiger300 said:
The no respawn games are so much fun! I can see what all the fuss is about with these SOCOM online games. I played the first one and that was it. This beta has been an all out blast. Day 1 for me!

One more thing, they have got to fix these load times. The are bordering on absurd. I do understand stuff like this happens in betas, but that doesn't mean it isn't frustrating as hell!

No Respawn is the way Socom is supposed to be played. I have been invited to a few GAF games only to leave when I found out they were Respawn.

peetfeet

With regards to the fact that you can hear the other team talking when in close proximity...

i guess whats needed is 'radio' silence when around the enemy and only saying minimal stuff (eg 'one upstairs') if possible so the victim can't be sure its him thats being talked about.

i know your character will automaticly hold up his weapon if any enemy are nearby, perhaps that trigger radius is the same as the headset radius?... that would help to know when to go quiet and keep the other team in the dark as much as poss.

Does anyone know what the trigger radius is?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
peetfeet said:
With regards to the fact that you can hear the other team talking when in close proximity...

i guess whats needed is 'radio' silence when around the enemy and only saying minimal stuff (eg 'one upstairs') if possible so the victim can't be sure its him thats being talked about.

i know your character will automaticly hold up his weapon if any enemy are nearby, perhaps that trigger radius is the same as the headset radius?... that would help to know when to go quiet and keep the other team in the dark as much as poss.

YEah, someone should experiment. It's not difficult to test with two people on opposing sides as they can both hear each other.

peetfeet

TTP said:
YEah, someone should experiment. It's not difficult to test with two people on opposing sides as they can both hear each other.

If i get chance tonight i'll create a pass worded room and get a friend in to experiment, will give me a chance to make sure the mic is as clear as poss. Theres so much variation in the quality of peoples voices tho i guess thats more to do with the bluetooth headset.

Kyoufu

TTP said:

You can hear and talk to each other in close proximity. While I was stuck under all that rubble last night I had a nice chat with Liquidmetal who was on the other team telling all his guys about the situation lol.

xero273

AgentOtaku said:
ummm...hate to ask this if it's already been asked already, but isn't the Beta for Qore purchasers 'sposed to have gone up today?

Goes up this friday. Since the preorder beta was delayed to the 5th, the qore beta was changed to the 12th

alterno69

Banned
I just want to say how awesome this game is shapping up and thank /6 for doing such a good job so far.

This is SOCOM no doubt about it.

GQman2121

Banned
I think I'm done with this until the servers get worked out. I don't like the stress that I'm currently putting on my system by forcing it to restart by holding down the reset button when the game decides to freeze or load for ten plus minutes.

I'm having fun when I actually get to play, but the time it takes to load and the chances of the game freezing are just not worth it.

Also, I'm getting tired of the armor system. I should not have to snip people three and four times to kill them when they're wearing medium or even heavy armor. It's bad enough that the crosshairs jump all over the place when you’re standing still, but it’s a huge handicap when you have the jump on someone and shoot them in the back with out killing them because it blows your cover.

Sorry if this has been asked already but I haven't been following this thread page by page... How do you get silencers for assault rifles? like the m4 stg m16 ect...
GQman2121 said:
I think I'm done with this until the servers get worked out. I don't like the stress that I'm currently putting on my system by forcing it to restart by holding down the reset button when the game decides to freeze or load for ten plus minutes.

I'm having fun when I actually get to play, but the time it takes to load and the chances of the game freezing are just not worth it.

Also, I'm getting tired of the armor system. I should not have to snip people three and four times to kill them when they're wearing medium or even heavy armor. It's bad enough that the crosshairs jump all over the place when you’re standing still, but it’s a huge handicap to have your cover blown because you have the jump on someone and shoot them in the back with out killing them.
I know man I hope that gets worked out soon.

Plus waiting like 5-15 minutes for a game to load is a little bit ridiculous when you look at how fast games like cod4 put you into matches.

alterno69

Banned
InterMoniker said:
Plus waiting like 5-15 minutes for a game to load is a little bit ridiculous when you look at how fast games like cod4 put you into matches.

BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA :lol

Dibbz

OK so I'm totally out of the loop here but is there no lobby? Is there only matchmaking? I thought we were getting both. :|

Dibbz said:
OK so I'm totally out of the loop here but is there no lobby? Is there only matchmaking? I thought we were getting both. :|
Yeah they've got lobbies, I don't know about matchmaking since you join whatever game/server you want.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Dibbz said:

The Quick Match option is currently greyed out.

Arnie

My new hardrive arrives tomorow morning so my PS3 will be up and running again. I have my beta code primed and ready, so tomorow will be a Socom day. If anyone wishes to add me in preparation for tomorow I have plenty of space. The PSN is: VociferousTURTLE
Spelt exactly like that, the picture should be a turtle. Il accept everything tomorow when I have my hardrive installed. Just checking, cba making a completely new thread, do you just slot the hardrive back in the slot and wait for the onscreen rompts to install it?

Dizzan

MINI Member
First person to tell me Im beautiful gets a BETA code.
:D

I don't have time to use it plus im in the R2 beta and I'd rather give it the time I have.

ONLY CATCH is that you have to be from Australia as it's the PALGN vode.

Dizzan said:
First person to tell me Im beautiful gets a BETA code.
:D

I don't have time to use it plus im in the R2 beta and I'd rather give it the time I have.
I was all over this, had already hit quote and was typing.
ONLY CATCH is that you have to be from Australia as it's the PALGN vode.
Until i read this.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
HURRAY ^^ There's a SOCOM update coming within 2 days. The update will take care of the lag and loading times :D

oneHeero

GQman2121 said:

Also, I'm getting tired of the armor system. I should not have to snip people three and four times to kill them when they're wearing medium or even heavy armor. It's bad enough that the crosshairs jump all over the place when you’re standing still, but it’s a huge handicap when you have the jump on someone and shoot them in the back with out killing them because it blows your cover.
I've tried this in a one on one with a friend and 50 cal is 1-2hk with heavy armor.

WiCkEd_Co

peetfeet said:

So does it pick them up when they used the chat button? I have heard a few players TVs even more so when it's a nade or close by gunshot go off on there end, they are not talking but it picks up the background noise.

WiCkEd_Co

Gunstar77 said:
No Respawn is the way Socom is supposed to be played. I have been invited to a few GAF games only to leave when I found out they were Respawn.

I never played respawn until this beta, If I'm going to wait forever for the map to load I want more playing time. Respawn @ 20 mins = less loading. Less of a chance for it to freeze.

Cartman86

Banned
WiCkEd_Co said:
I never played respawn until this beta, If I'm going to wait forever for the map to load I want more playing time. Respawn @ 20 mins = less loading. Less of a chance for it to freeze.

Yeah i've doen this too.

zedge

Aside from the ridiculous loading time I am really enjoying the game. It brings back good memories of SOCOM days of old. Thanks again to mr stroke for the code.

PSN - Zedge_01

Top Bottom