• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SOCOM Confrontation - The thread (bringing back the REAL!)

mr stroke

anyone else losing sound during games with lag? some on the Socom forums have been getting it too. I tried playing tonight and the sound would cut out completey unless I restarted into the main menu :(
Hopefully Slant6 will fix all the lag issues over the next several weeks.

J-Rzez

We will be performing server maintenance and rolling out a new patch on September 9th at 5am PDT, 1200 GMT. The SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation game servers will be unavailable during the maintenance. The server maintenance is not expected to last longer than 1 1/2 hours.

SOCOM: Confrontation Public Beta 1.10 Patch

* Adds support for European EULAs.
* Adds support for dedicated servers located in Europe and Australia.
* Addresses a number of stability and late joining issues.
* Reduce the volume of the proximity chat by 50%.

The server maintenance and patch are not meant to address all issues. We will have more updates to both the server and client in the future.

Regards,
SOCOM Confrontation Online Team

www.socom.com

Hopefully it fixes the loading times, which are unbearable atm. It's really the only thing stopping me from playing it more. I love the way it plays, but it really needs to fix those loading times, and maybe tweak the latencies a little bit in game as well.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I'll be up for a few games tonight when I get home from work.

I'm glad to hear about the patch. Is it too much to ask for a new map? It's not that I hate Crossroads (far from it), but I'd like to see other stuff the game has to offer as well.

peetfeet

WiCkEd_Co said:
So does it pick them up when they used the chat button? I have heard a few players TVs even more so when it's a nade or close by gunshot go off on there end, they are not talking but it picks up the background noise.

Yes if they are talking to team mates within 20meters or so you will hear them, getting louder as they near you. Likewise they will hear you if you voice chat to your team. they prob use the noise to mask what they are saying if another team is nearby.

Edit: Looking at the above update it seems they will need to be with 10 or so 'metres' for you to hear them post patch.

Arnie

J-Rzez said:
We will be performing server maintenance and rolling out a new patch on September 9th at 5am PDT, 1200 GMT. The SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation game servers will be unavailable during the maintenance. The server maintenance is not expected to last longer than 1 1/2 hours.

SOCOM: Confrontation Public Beta 1.10 Patch

* Adds support for European EULAs.
* Adds support for dedicated servers located in Europe and Australia.
* Addresses a number of stability and late joining issues.
* Reduce the volume of the proximity chat by 50%.

The server maintenance and patch are not meant to address all issues. We will have more updates to both the server and client in the future.

Regards,
SOCOM Confrontation Online Team

So how long is it to the update, it says 12:00 GMT, well it is 9th September in UK now, does this mean it is actually the 10th September in the UK?

peetfeet

-ARNiE- said:
So how long is it to the update, it says 12:00 GMT, well it is 9th September in UK now, does this mean it is actually the 10th September in the UK?

No, its today, UK is 7 hours ahead of PDT.

I'm in work, can anyone confirm the update is live?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Just got a mail with a code for the beta. Although they class it as a "multiplayer demo". I have to admit to not really being that into Socom, but I'll give it a whirl if it'll increase my chances of getting into other betas :p

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Sweet

I'm getting "An error occurred during download operation". Progress bar doesn't progress at all.

Edit: Working now.

I just got an beta invite through the mail. I got it on the email where my EU account is registered, so it's not Qore related. I don't remember applying to any SOCOM beta either... odd...

Arnie

So I downloaded the patch and everything went smoothly, but now the network wont initialize when I press start on the Beta. Do you think this is just due to maintenance or are other people getting in the Beta prior to the patch?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
This is a pretty long maintenance. Seth Luisi said two hrs at most after the update. More than 3 have passed.

Arnie

Yes I hope the maintainence is finished soon, it's my luck that as soon as I download the Beta there is maintainence. Hopefully everything will be sorted soon. Im glad about the inclusion of dedicated servers in the patch. :D

Ok. Loading was 2 minutes for me just now. I consider that fast when you keep in mind how long loading took before the update. But I still experienced frame drops in my very first game... And then after 2 or 3 minutes: FREEZE.

Yeah :lol Keep up the good work Slant 6.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
No improvements here. And thank you for deleting the previous player profile: it's so nice having to deal with those speedy menus of yours again.

Wow they patched it already? Good job slant six :D I'm gonna have to check this out after school though...
TTP said:
No improvements here. And thank you for deleting the previous player profile: it's so nice having to deal with those speedy menus of yours again.
Ughhh.

Metalmurphy said:
I just got an beta invite through the mail. I got it on the email where my EU account is registered, so it's not Qore related. I don't remember applying to any SOCOM beta either... odd...

so you can give it to me! :p

Greg

I bet they'll make it to 2.0 before release. :lol

Warhawk beta gives me hope - that game was absolutely unbearable at times during the beta and they managed to make it one of the smoothest experiences on PS3.

BeeDog

The patch didn't do anything for me so far other than erase my profiles. :lol ffs

Still have laggy menus, still have extremely long load times, and I can't get into a game (two-three times I've gotten stuck on a Round Finished screen).

You guys still have looooong load times? Mine are obviously improved. The rest may be even more buggier than before. I've had two complete freezes and a game where I didn't have any sound and 15 fps. One good game. Out of four.

Yesterday everything was perfect except for load times which were between 5 to 7 minutes. No freezes, frame drops or anything.

BeeDog

FoxhoundNL said:
You guys still have looooong load times? Mine are obviously improved. The rest may be even more buggier than before. I've had two complete freezes and a game where I didn't have any sound and 15 fps. One good game. Out of four.

Yesterday everything was perfect except for load times which were between 5 to 7 minutes. No freezes, frame drops or anything.

Now it's probably 2 instead of 4 minutes, so true in a sense. But they didn't improve it by much anyhow.

industrian

Anyone up for a game right now? I'd offer to host, but it didn't work out the last time I tried.

TTP said:

Yeah. I wondered WTF was going on. Having to go through the weapon select menus is frustrating.

xero273 said:
I fear for this friday when qore users join the beta.

It can't be worse than MGO's beta.

Ramirez

I know this is a long shot, but if anyone has a spare beta code, I'd love to have it. I've been wanting to play this since it was announced. :p

Arnie

I have played quite a bit today, and i'm impressed. Im not sure how the Beta was before the patch but today has been really good. In the first game I had it ran at around 10 fps and I had NO sound, which was quite horrendous. The next succesion of games were much improved however. I joined a ranked server on English speaking 1 and played there all day. No lag, minimal loading and no freezes. I have tried out most weapons and can say that I am an AK47 fanboy, the gun is just so god damn powerful.

Also I have to say that non respawn games are infinitely more fun than respawn games as the tension is hilarious. When people engage in a firefight and you can sense the desperation to kill their opponent. Finally, after a few hours play I tried switching the camera to classic socom view but just couldn't continue with it, it felt really awkward.

So yea, im impressed.

industrian said:
Anyone up for a game right now? I'd offer to host, but it didn't work out the last time I tried.

Yeah. I wondered WTF was going on. Having to go through the weapon select menus is frustrating.

It can't be worse than MGO's beta.
It already is.

MGO only problem was the Konami ID, we could play fine though :p

industrian

Metalmurphy said:
It already is.

MGO only problem was the Konami ID, we could play fine though :p

"We" is a misnomer. Many people were unable to play it because of some fuck up on Konami's end outwith the Konami ID clusterfuck. SOCOM's beta - for all it's current issues - is a much smoother experience.

carlos

Those of you that are getting your codes now, remember you can share them with 2 other people....

Was that too obvious a hint?
A beta code would be appreciated :)

industrian said:
"We" is a misnomer. Many people were unable to play it because of some fuck up on Konami's end outwith the Konami ID clusterfuck. SOCOM's beta - for all it's current issues - is a much smoother experience.
Like I said, the only problem was the Konami ID.

And I woudln't call sluggish menus with loads, crashing while loading, 5 minute long load times, not being able to join, etc a Smoother experience. Non of that on MGO Beta :p

Ramirez

So yea, my connection died and my d/l was at 40%, and now when I went to re d/l it's starting all the way over. Is there no d/l save function like Live? :(

J-Rzez

I played a couple games post patch. Definitely cut down the loading times for maps in half it seems, which, is still too long :lol

peetfeet

the only difference i can see is that in every game i play i have connection drops and lag every few seconds.... GRRRRR. Up until today i was loving this game barring the load times etc it was playing perfect 95% of the time on whatever server i chose.

Ramirez said:
So yea, my connection died and my d/l was at 40%, and now when I went to re d/l it's starting all the way over. Is there no d/l save function like Live? :(
The beta or the patch? It should resume for the PSN downloads.

dralla

don't see much difference, menu's are still laggy, load times are long, and still 8 minute! rounds on ranked servers.

The patch has worked wonders for me, just played 4 different 32p servers that were all about full and instead of 10 min loading like i had yesterday, it now takes 45 secs at most to load the game and havent encountered any lag. it so much more enjoyable now without the terrible loads:D

aj2good4you2 said:
The patch has worked wonders for me, just played 4 different 32p servers that were all about full and instead of 10 min loading like i had yesterday, it now takes 45 secs at most to load the game and havent encountered any lag. it so much more enjoyable now without the terrible loads:D
What channel are you in? West? East?

GQman2121

Banned
aj2good4you2 said:

That's good to hear. I'm going to catch a shower and get a few games in before the Shield comes on.

Does anyone have a room up.....?

Top Bottom