• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SOCOM Confrontation - The thread (bringing back the REAL!)

Rorschach

DaFish said:
I'll prolly be on for a while, don't worry about the rank man... I hear they are all getting erased with whatever new patch they drop anyway.
It's not about the rank since all stats and ranking is pretty stupid right now, but I finally get a big streak going and it bug out...figures. Plus, I liked the teammate I was playing with. Too bad the "recently played" thing doesn't work. :|

Heading on now, though.

Rorschach

DaFish said:
Three GAFers on right now (including me), lets get something going here tonight dudes.

Current Game : Central 11, bfd sm

Post if your interested and well start a game...
Quoted for the new page!

AirBrian

GG, guys. That was a lot of fun. And I will get better considering that was my first long session of SOCOM ever. :lol :-(

It was also nice to have zero connectivity issues.

Rorschach

AirBrian said:
GG, guys. That was a lot of fun. And I will get better considering that was my first long session of SOCOM ever. :lol :-(

It was also nice to have zero connectivity issues.
Was that you asking about the guns? I meant sub-machine gun, not machine gun! Sub-machine guns are good if you don't want recoil. Personally, I use assault rifles, but a lot of people prefer sub machine guns because of those close quarters incidents. Ther's one terrorist SMG (name escapes me atm) that has like zero recoil.

PS: coincidence that my team won every map? ;b

I keed!

AirBrian

That wasn't me asking, but I was curious about that too. Towards the end, I was using the M16A (?), which had a 3-shot burst IIRC. I started hitting a lot more after switching to that from the AK-47.

MutFox

Banned
DaFish said:
yep, good time... don't know how you can use that big loud ass machine gun though :p

It's pretty good up close... Though I like the MP7/HK7 a lot better :p
This is my first experience with SOCOM, just trying all the weapons out.

Rorschach said:
We were trying to play as a team, but you would end up on the opposite side of the map every time. :lol

You were pretty much using us as bait. :p

I told you guys on the headset I was rushing the sewers, and to come with me. :p
Dunno if my headset is transmitting at loud enough volume though...
(Pretty easy to get behind them)

Is there a way to find out how you sound on the headset?
Just to adjust the mic input volume...
*EDIT* NM, found it. :p

Oh, I just came on US Central 3, and you're all gone. :(

dralla

Rorschach said:
Was that you asking about the guns? I meant sub-machine gun, not machine gun! Sub-machine guns are good if you don't want recoil. Personally, I use assault rifles, but a lot of people prefer sub machine guns because of those close quarters incidents. Ther's one terrorist SMG (name escapes me atm) that has like zero recoil.

PS: coincidence that my team won every map? ;b

I keed!

F90, best close range weapon in the game.

AirBrian said:
That wasn't me asking, but I was curious about that too. Towards the end, I was using the M16A (?), which had a 3-shot burst IIRC. I started hitting a lot more after switching to that from the AK-47.

The AK has nice stats but it has a lot of recoil, it's for the more experienced players. The M16 was all I used in SII, it did get downgrades a bit but it's still excellent for mid-range combat. Just try and avoid the close range, if you see someone back up and force them into your range.

Nos_G

Rorschach said:
Nos_G Haven't seen him on much, though. Dunno if Gunstar can send them too.

Yep, sorry guys, I haven't had access to my PS3 in a while. DaFish, Gun, I sent you two Officer status, not sure if that gives you invite privileges though.

I'll try to be on soon, been itching to play with the clan since I started it. :p

J-Rzez

Miracle patch incoming:

We are happy to announce that the SOCOM: Confrontation 1.20 Update will be released on Wednesday, October 29th, at 1200 GMT/UTC (8am EDT, 5am PDT, 1pm BST, 9pm JST).

The SOCOM: Confrontation 1.20 update addresses the following issues:

* Fixed many issues which would cause the game to crash, hang, disconnect and exit to the PS3 XMB.
* Fixed an issue which would cause large numbers of players in a high player count game to be simultaneously disconnected.
* Fixed an issue which would cause players to be invincible.
* Fixed a physics issue which would cause players to occasionally "warp" around on the map.
* Fixed an issue where a "corrupt save data" message would be incorrectly displayed after updating the game.
* Fixed some player model issues related to team swapping.
* Client/server optimization.
* Fixed an issue where the scope camera had an incorrect offset from the barrel of the gun while prone or leaning/peeking.

For players who have already downloaded and installed the 1.10 update, the 1.20 update is only ~50MB in size. For new players, the size is the 1.10 update plus the 1.20 update which is ~550MB.

The main purpose of this update is to address major stability and playability issues with the game. The stability of the game has been greatly improved with the 1.20 update. There are still a few low frequency issues which we are continuing to look into and will be addressed in a future update.

We are reading player feedback in the forums and will be making future changes to the game based on that feedback. Please keep the feedback coming.

Regards,

SOCOM: Confrontation Online Team

www.socom.com

DaFish

tenchir said:
Damn, with Fable 2, Fallout 3, and WoW taking my time, I will only be able to play on friday, saturday, and sunday.

Yeah, I just picked up Fallout 3 (gonna be a time sink). I usually play on Thursday, Firday and Saturday nights though anyway (8 or 9pm till the ealry morn). I'm holding off on LBP and will prolly only pick up Mirrors Edge and Price of Persia for the rest of this year. Can't wait for KZ2 though!

Also for Nos_G: I'm not sure how to send clan invites but from what I have tried so far... I have not been able to send them (maybe I'm doing it wrong)

Anyway, looking foward to the Patch and playing SOCRACK this weekend, see yous later!

AirBrian

Noob question (remember, this is my first SOCOM so be gentle!)...

How do you use the scopes on your guns? There is nothing in the instruction manual, and since there's no single-player, I haven't had a chance to just mess around. I've put different scopes on some assault rifles and notice no difference. What am I missing?

alejob

AirBrian said:
Noob question (remember, this is my first SOCOM so be gentle!)...

How do you use the scopes on your guns? There is nothing in the instruction manual, and since there's no single-player, I haven't had a chance to just mess around. I've put different scopes on some assault rifles and notice no difference. What am I missing?

You just push UP on your D-Pad to get into scope view. Up again to zoom in even more. Down to zoom out.

RotBot

alejob said:
You just push UP on your D-Pad to get into scope view. Up again to zoom in even more. Down to zoom out.
Did the patch fix the control scheme resetting every time the game is started? I remapped zoom out and zoom in to L3 and R3, so I keep reloading instead of zooming in when I forget to toggle the preset after booting the game.

Rorschach

RotBot said:
Did the patch fix the control scheme resetting every time the game is started? I remapped zoom out and zoom in to L3 and R3, so I keep reloading instead of zooming in when I forget to toggle the preset after booting the game.
Did you push "save settings" at the bottom of the screen or just back out?

I hate people who remap the run button to be together with the knife button. They always end up team killing someone at the beginning of the map and, often times, it's me. :(

Nos_G

I just added a bunch of you guys to the clan, check your in-game mailbox.

still no way to see where friends/clan members are... :\

MutFox

Banned
Nos_G said:
I just added a bunch of you guys to the clan, check your in-game mailbox.

still no way to see where friends/clan members are... :\

Thanks Man! :p

Yeah, not being able to just jump in where other GAF people are sucks monkey balls.

RotBot

Rorschach said:
Did you push "save settings" at the bottom of the screen or just back out?

I hate people who remap the run button to be together with the knife button. They always end up team killing someone at the beginning of the map and, often times, it's me. :(

The save settings is only in the options screen where you modify your custom set. While in game, I don't see any such button. When I start the round, the controls are set to default. If I open up the presets menu, it tells me that my custom config is already selected. I don't have to scroll from default to custom, so it does have my choice of config saved. It just doesn't bother to load it until I open and close the menu.

DaFish

mackaveli said:
hey guys, just bought the game,

Is there a gaf clan? if so how do i join?

my psn id is Mackaveli.

thanks
Pretty stiff hazing process, lots of tar and feathers...

But really, Nos_G is the clan leader and I'm sure he'll add you when he gets the chance.

I'll add you to my PSN list though in the mean time. Peace!

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Woo, just got off a 3 hour play session, this game is amazing, Socrack is back for sure!

My PSN is Armonix, can I get an invite NoS_G? Any other Gaffers feel free to add me, I'm on plenty.

We need to get a Gaf room running this weekend, anyone in?

Nos_G

GG, Dafish & DirtyWater.

I haven't touched Socom since the patch, so I was a bit rusty. Also I was drinking. hah.

My run and gun game is pretty weak, gonna sticking to sniping the next time we play.

Mack, you're in. Armonix, I'll get you in, next time I pop on.

Top Bottom