• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some details about the next assassins creed title.

dr_rus

I'm really close to skipping both Revelations and III. Bought IV but if it's not good - AC series goes into a (big) bargain purchase list for me. They should really move to something new and stop the yearly releases.

Xelinis

Honestly, Victorian London doesn't really excite me. I just want an Assassin's Creed set in the Wild West.

Kain

Victorian London could be cool, as would be Paris during the Revolution. But what would really be awesome is an AC set during the Roman Republic, pre-Caesar's. Shit, Roman Empire too, now that I think about it.

That or true middle Ages in Europe, maybe England during the 1100s.

Some Nobody

Dang. I really hope one of them is Assassin's Creed V and I really hope it's next gen only...

I bet both are Assassin's Creed. One's next-gen, one's current-gen.

I kinda like Victorian-era London, though. Is it worth it to play an Assassin's Creed if you've never played one before? I know people say they're really repetitive but is the first time around at least fun?

Vizzeh

Banned
Victorian London could be cool, as would be Paris during the Revolution. But what would really be awesome is an AC set during the Roman Republic, pre-Caesar's. Shit, Roman Empire too, now that I think about it.

That or true middle Ages in Europe, maybe England during the 1100s.

This, 100% also.

So much wealth of idea's AC can draw from.

Marvel

could never
Hmm... sounds okay, I'll never be happy until there is a Feudal Japan game though. I want to see a drastic change in the timeline and country.

Something is bugging me about this pic.

I mean, the positioning seems ridiculously off.

Not to mention, why would you place promotional material right in front of your place of work for an unannounced game? Thats like walking into ND and seeing posters and stuff for uncharted 4. They usually keep this stuff underwraps, and don't post it up especially in a place that any visitors can see. And if you look up the making of AC 3 and AC4 from IGN, you see that there is nothing in front of the staircase.

This was probably photo shopped.

Yes there is

attachment.php

Jedi2016

After recent events, I don't think I'm going to buy any "we made this especially for next-gen" BS that they'll try to spew regarding AC5.

rpmboy

The green thing? Perhaps it's the other PS3/Xbox360 title, they were rumoured to be releasing two this year

I was assuming that a main line AC would be on next gen, and a spinoff would be on 360/PS3, but this shows "Assassin's Creed V" on 360 (I don't believe the Xbone nor PS4 has a "start" button?) If this pic is true, either this game is cross-gen, or they're making a separate game on 7th and 8th gen, but both called Assassin's Creed V.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Another supposed leak

3M_AzD6l8Ts.jpg

Anyone with some photoshop skills willing to clean this image up a little?

"Press Start"? Does the XB1 has a start button? Because if it's on PS4 it would be the Options Button.

If not, this is last gen version. But the background does look Victorian.

EDIT: After Watch Dogs, this game has got to be next-gen only, or people will be disappointed.

I was assuming that a main line AC would be on next gen, and a spinoff would be on 360/PS3, but this shows "Assassin's Creed V" on 360 (I don't believe the Xbone nor PS4 has a "start" button?) If this pic is true, either this game is cross-gen, or they're making a separate game on 7th and 8th gen, but both called Assassin's Creed V.

Ah, the fact that it's called 'Assassin's Creed V' completely slipped my mind, in that case you're probably right about it being a cross gen game - that is if the image is real.

AHA-Lambda

where did the rumor come from about 2 separate games for each gen? that sounds counter productive and a marketing mess to me, I'd doubt it personally.

I just watched yesterday night on tv sherlock holmes a game of shadows (not a really good movie btw). The good thing about it is how they show london and paris. That is what I want from AC5. REAL London and REAL Paris, not some shitty artist depiction with some steampunk on it. Doing it right, jumping between famous parisean and london buildings, and interacting with real people of that era, that has not been overused in a game because it was never been showed right in the first place.

As someone that had most fun with 2 and brotherhood because you were actually visiting and climbing real famous buildings in a realistic recreation of those cities (you could say the same for constantinople if only weren't for that the only interesting thing to climb there was Santa Sofia), I can say Im fed up of climbing shitty trees or random building #54.
Let's return to the amazing bigger than life famous architecture.
I don't give a shit what japan could bring to the table in terms of gameplay (japanese fighting style and stealth), it's already been tried to put gameplay changes into AC after brotherhood and apart of ship's the rest have failed. And apart from a few Kyoto castles climbing random two floor houses would be crap. What AC does best is giving you the chance to climb amazing, real and famous architecture. That's something London and Paris will accomplish with greatness. Let's return to that.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
where did the rumor come from about 2 separate games for each gen? that sounds counter productive and a marketing mess to me, I'd doubt it personally.

It could also be an inaccuracy from the source. Both versions could be handled by different studios (like Shadows of Mordor), allowing the next-gen version to reach better quality and not letting the devs be distracted by making it current gen like what happened to Watch Dogs.

I just watched yesterday night on tv sherlock holmes a game of shadows (not a really good movie btw).

I really liked that movie :(

Jedi2016

THIS is the closest I could find, but it's just speculation. It seems like they're talking about totally different games, though, like Liberation on the Vita versus AC3/4 on the consoles, and not multiple versions of the same game from different teams/studios. They've also said that the next game will be "more next-gen", whatever that means. If those rumors are true, then last-gen won't be getting AC5 at all, they'll be getting some sort of consolation prize. But Ubi's recent activities seem to indicate otherwise, they're still 100% behind last-gen as a primary platform. Until I'm shown differently, I'm going to expect AC5 on next-gen to be just like AC4... just a prettied-up last-gen port.

DryvBy

I think I'm going to make videos about press info and walk around in a tie. Maybe visit a few game stores and talk to people.

Next AC will be in space with evil monkey templars.

Aces&Eights

If I had been in OPS shoes the first thing I would have asked is who is responsible for eavesdrop and follow missions and why do they still have a job.

Squire

Banned
Not that it really matters, but it looks like one of IGNs announcements is a collaboration between Fullbright and Double Fine.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
the small buildings and ship stuff isn't doing it for me in 3 or 4, so I'm hoping this is more like the older ones.

I just wanna climb big shit.

Ramenman

Not to mention, why would you place promotional material right in front of your place of work for an unannounced game? Thats like walking into ND and seeing posters and stuff for uncharted 4. They usually keep this stuff underwraps, and don't post it up especially in a place that any visitors can see.

Ubisoft Montreal is sooo fucking HUGE man, that having a poster on a wall doesn't mean that "any visitors can see".

Now if this was taken when there was a preview event for the game a few days ago, then there's no point in hiding your posters if they show the game people are here to see.

And if you look up the making of AC 3 and AC4 from IGN, you see that there is nothing in front of the staircase.

What ? Are you implying that there can be no poster on this wall now because there was no poster on it during AC3 and AC4's making of periods ?

Probity

Didn't everyone and their mother want AC to go Victorian or Feudal Japanese?

I am seeing a ton of negativity toward it now, am I missing something?

I was always a fan of the RMS Titanic and, by extension, the Second Industrial Revolution in general, especially from 1900 until the end of World War I in 1918.

As such, I hope Assassin's Creed steers well clear of that time frame; the entire series started by unreasonably exaggerating the organizational level and skill level of the "assassins" from the first game's setting, and James Cameron's 1997 film has caused me more than enough trouble in terms of meeting people who think that they know anything on a particular historical subject because of a poorly thought out piece of highly popular media.

matthieuC

If this is true it's a little disappointing to me. Not a big Victorian era fan at all. I was hoping that they'd go a bit more exotic with next installment.

Didn't everyone and their mother want AC to go Victorian or Feudal Japanese?

I am seeing a ton of negativity toward it now, am I missing something?

Nope, you're right. Ubi conducted a survey in 2011 and the options were put in a poll somewhere, which Victorian London won a landslide in.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
And Sherlock Holmes isn't real.

Arthur Conan Doyle is though (but he's late 18th century so no]). If it takes place in the 19th century too, Edgar Allan Poe might also appear!

Top Bottom